The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killer Adepts

rhodamia
rhodamia Member Posts: 275
edited March 2021 in General Discussions

On stream I have been attempting adepts. I got all of them for Survivor within a day. But I am struggling with killers.

For example, today I attempted adept Pig. I got a 4K. And iridescent in every category except GateKeeper. But they only did two gens total. It seems to me that proving yourself as being adept is quite hard at rank one.

In my opinion the achievement should either be a 'master' killer achievement. Or stay as an 'Adept' killer achievement but be earned with a merciless victory OR a 4K.

As it stands, you can have amazing 4K games at rank 1 and still not be classified as 'adept' because you didn't tick all the boxes. 3 iridescent and 1 gold at rank 1 ISNT adept...

I just don't think that winning too fast or too hard should take away from earning an achievement labeled as adept. Personal opinion is to either change the name or change the requirements. What do you think?

Comments

• hatchking
    hatchking Member Posts: 312

I'm with you all the way

• Viciusaurus
    Viciusaurus Member Posts: 406

I wish it was just a 4k, or even just downgrading it to Ruthless Killer instead, so it isn't thst awful to accomplish. I've had so many games where I've gotten Ruthless, mostly from people dying on hook too quickly or DCing.

• redsopine00
    redsopine00 Member Posts: 905
  • danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,059

And the devs are probably falling into this fallacy once again that "Well, players who already got the achievement will feel cheated. We can't change them now." Yes you can. You haven't cared about what people wanted most of the time anyway, so why not do that again for adepts?

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526

Just keep trying, you'll get it eventually. If you do badly you may even get your MMR knocked down to play against easier survivors. Only takes one good game.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

Yeah it's even worse when the killers perks basically do nothing.

I've been trying for my wraith adept at rank one - three for about a week now and the one time I get four iridescent emblems it wasn't even a merciless, I double pipped and everything but no achievment

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

I dislike de-ranking in general, but this is one instance where I 100% approve of it. As long as you do it with the intention of ranking back up after getting the Adept.

High rank matches go by so fast, you are facing an almost impossible task getting enough points to get your emblems for Merciless. It definitely needs to be changed to 4k. The only adjustment I'd make is maybe have it be 4 hook deaths so Moris and Perk'd deaths don't count. Not really a huge difficulty increase there since Moris got nerfed into uselessness, but some Perks can give you an advantage.

Adepts are reasonably easy in the greens though, so de-ranking to 12/13 would be my suggestion.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

I’m just waiting for MMR and the new rank reset where everyone is reset to 20 to finish them. Having to redo them all on PS5 sucks. Somehow I managed to get Billy in red ranks (used my chainsaw a grand total of two times to down, everyone else got my basic attack).

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,211

Everyone knows that Adept Killer is asinine, but BHVR really can't do anything because they are still technically possible. And even if they could, this IS BHVR.

You need to be absolutely perfect or else gens will fly by before you can do anything. But you can't be too perfect or else Survivors will die too quickly. Any Killer that has an insta-down ability has a massive disadvantage for using their power because they can't get hits easily. Oh, and you also need to rely on Survivors not giving up on the hook, not DCing, and actually saving their teammates. Oh, AND the requirements get more insane at higher ranks.

Meanwhile, Survivors just need to escape.

How the hell I got Adept Twins on my first attempt at rank 6 still eludes me.

• DoctorIdiot
    DoctorIdiot Member Posts: 56

I got merciless killer as legion with only his main three perks the other day, like I'm supposed to, and I still didn't get the achievement. It's kinda broken right now.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Merciless Killer

Two words that screw over killers going for adapt. If bhvr would keep with the original meaning, all we would have to do is 4k.

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793

If survivor adept is just escaping, killer adept has to be just 4K, it's just logic..

Or you made it hard for survivors too, like, adding a third state of endgame for survivors like Merciless, and they too have to get it to get the adept (yeah, I think getting 8000 everywhere as a survivor is almost impossible, if not totally impossible). I don't know why it has to be waaay harder for one side concerning the success.

(And, I don't know how much time I could get the adept as a killer but hey... They bring key + map + map offering + hatch location offering.....)

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    edited March 2021

The most pain I've ever felt in this game is trying for adept Trapper. Waited until after Rank Reset, so it would be a little easier (This was a couple of weeks ago.)

Got Midwich.

Got Merciless anyways.

Didn't get the achievement.

Yes, I'm aware someone escaped, but I still got Merciless, and I could've sworn I've gotten adepts even if someone survived, as long as I still got Merciless.

I just want Trapper adept, dammit.

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

I remember playing a perfect game as Trapper, against good survivors, pretty much sweating for the adept and left a survivor on the floor whilst I chased the other to secure the 4K

I come back, and the hatch spawned RIGHT under their body in front of me

I was so mad.. it would've been an adept game if I killed that bloody steve..

Got it a few hours later, but stupid RNG like that.. lord..

• zagchwa
    zagchwa Member Posts: 3

FIX ADEPT FOR KILLERS! It IS RIDICULOUS! I just tried one and had a hard hard struggle barely got the 4 kills, as I'm hooking the last one I go, wow, that was hard! glad that is over! then realize after the match, i didn't get it. CHANGE IT TO 4K FOR ADEPT PLEASE!

• georhan369
    georhan369 Member Posts: 19

Personally, adepting killer is the worst part of DBD, nothing but sheer pain and frustration for something you can get as survivor without trying.

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 553

Yeah it was much better in the old days when a 4k was all that was required.

I remembered my first ever game as hag on ps4 years ago 2 survivors DC right as the game starts 3rd quits as soon as he sees that I let the last do the gens & open the gate but instead of leaving they point at the hook.

I hook & kill them Hag Adept achievement complete! (DC counted as kills)

I've got most of them on xbox with the new requirements but its a far worse system in particular when compared to just escaping as survivors.

Best bet is rank reset on the 13th every month requirements to get merciless are much much lower even with survivors escaping you'll likely still get it done if your a decent killer!

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

I would not be surprised if his achievement still has the 4k requirement since he is the first killer and they did not update it.