Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What is the thing that would make you stop playing dbd and why?😱

2»

Comments

• Khelendrose2020
    Khelendrose2020 Member Posts: 207

Springtrap or any of his compatriots. This game suffers from immature toxicity already. We don't need any more. I'd be done.

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

In my case it was that they added 300% to the value of the price of the game in my region (Argentina plus 65% taxes on the base price) and on top of that the game works badly ... very badly. Sorry there are better options with more reasonable prices.

• FluorescentLemon
    FluorescentLemon Member Posts: 257

I'm coming off of a long hiatus and quite frankly I'm fixing to go back on it. SBMM is awful. Why can't they do like Halo and have separate ranked and casual playlists?

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

this thread aged like milk

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119
  • latinfla4

I guess they they figure nobody would want to play ranked mode with those laughable rewards and stress filled games so they just forced them on everybody with just one game mode.

• Roadrunner
    Roadrunner Member Posts: 139

The new patch. I wont play this game until boons get nerfed really hard. They are absolutly broken and no fun to go against. I donot want to lose most of my matches cause chases are impossible or i face immortal squads. making the already way to storng survivors stronger, was a terrible idea and destroyed the game for me

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

the introduction of an MMR system.

oh wait...

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 708

The poor performance and lack of optimisation, because I’m often paying for new content to have it not work or the update break the game, for a ridiculous amount of time.

I stopped playing around the disastrous Twins update, returned to see what had changed for Nemesis and it was completely broken with them still trying to fix it now while piling new content that’s also broken on top of it that will get fixed as a priority over the issues that have been there for a long time.

• latinfla4
    edited October 2021

Yeah I played a two matches before circle of healing got killswitched...no hooks both games. Couldn't commit to chases since it was medkit with increased healing at either a house or killer shack.

Now its survivor all the way...playing killer right now is ridiculous.

• latinfla4

Which is why I am thankful some people still play that role during this event.

• BadLooperQ
    BadLooperQ Member Posts: 277
    edited October 2021

To be fair, the addition of MMR made me almost uninstall the game. But I got to a point where all my surv games I Go with the "I'll lose this one" mentality.

I used to be a rank 5/4 on the old ranks but now I feel like I died so much (I barely escaped 5/10 matches as surv with the old system) that the game put me to play in the old Brown/Yellow ranks. It wouldn't be actually a problem if my partners were doing gens,but I got to a point where my teammates are selfcaring in corners, urban evading everywhere and not coming to save me when I use that perk that I forgot the name for them to see whats happening around the hook.

So even if the killer is new, my team is so much below average now that it's getting kinda frustrating for me. I die with Just my chase points and that's it, down the MMR we go...

And playing in low MMR elo hell actually brought me to the tunneling/camping methods from killers 🙄

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

NFTs.

Oh wait...

• rooCraah
    rooCraah Member Posts: 138

VHS releasing as a better game than DBD. Other than that, I'm probably stuck here forever.

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764

Time. Competition. Bad optimization or future big bad game design choises.

• Speeddemonsaif
    Speeddemonsaif Member Posts: 143
    edited October 2021

(This is a joke) The last part about a dating simulator exists:

Me And The Boys: Ah yes let's have Laurie Strode date The Shape because incest yes.

• latinfla4
  • Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

If VHS comes out and is as good as I hope and Dbd stays a buggy mess even after being out for 5 years

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

Also if I could have a DBD Dating sim i'd have Adam date Huntress because if I can remove her Hatchets from her and teach her the way of human life I'd date Huntress on the killer side. Survivor side Kate, Claud, Jane, Mikaela, Feng maybe Meg prob Nea

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

For me it would be when:

• Every survivor match results in camp/tunnel

AND

• Every killer match, after 2 infinite loading screens and 3 eternal lobby searches, finally loads in to pit me against survivors that I have no business going against.

Thus, here I am chilling on the forums….

• The only thing that would stop me from playing Dbd is if my account resets or I have to start over. I have over 3k hours and I have all survivors P3-50 and almost all killers at level 50, and I've spent hundreds of dollars on cosmetics, I wouldn't want all that to go to waste.

• ggallinftw
    ggallinftw Member Posts: 351

The dev's utter lack of respect for the community and the fact they break the game to the point of unplayability with every patch they release.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935

I already stopped playing. For now it's 2 weeks and it might be longer.

But the thing which pisses me off is MMR, making Killer games extremely unfun, nerfing one of my favourite Killers who is Deathslinger and I wasn't surprised seeing the changes go live.. ignoring all the feedback again. Solo Survivor is still unfun and you still get potato teammates which basically means I can't enjoy either side which means I have to stop playing or just play SWF, but my friends aren't online 24/7, neither am I so I just stopped at that point. And I don't feel the slightest urge to return.. for now.

• YokaiPhaseshift
    YokaiPhaseshift Member Posts: 99

This event hahaha

Seriously though, I actually can't play the game right now. I'm getting multiple infinite loads in a row, and at least 50% of games with friends only load half of us into a lobby and kick the other half. We've been trying the last two nights to play and only average one game every 45 minutes. It's painful and boring and we can't do the Halloween event together because of it.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

I'll never know until it happens but I can say if they go all in on NFTs and this blockchain BS then I'll be out.

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510

What thing would make me stop playing?

They seem to be doing that thing right now with this latest update.

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989

They're lying about how ranks don't impact match matching too lol

• latinfla4
    edited October 2021

I mean huntress would catch dinner for adam and they could both cook it together 🤔

And he can show her how to heal efficiently

• latinfla4

Maybe we get a bloodhunt weekend again and some sorry we broke the game again here are some codes 👀

• xdarksyde
    xdarksyde Member Posts: 5

The Hackers that are running all over the place, be it killer or survivor, it does not matter. They are ruining the game.. I can live with the bugs, I can not live with these hackers. I have played this game since release, and it has never been this bad... They need to be cleaned up!

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858

Microtransactions have made me lose a lot of interest in video games, overall.

I don't know if there's anything that would make me quit DBD except to save my sanity - sunk cost and all that. However, clear imbalances that take forever to be addressed - and are explained away - do a good job of fostering a commitment to never buy a BHVR product again. I don't think it's acceptable to take people's money after promising one thing, then delivering another, and then think it's ok to say "It's just too hard to balance" OR "We gave up on perfect balancing years ago. Now, we just watch the beautiful chaos unfold, because we can only do so much" OR "If you're not having fun, go play something else." These kinds of responses to me are no different than saying "It's your fault you bought from us. We didn't tell you to buy our stuff."

This last patch was uplifting, and I am having a lot of fun as both killer and survivor. But, old frustrations surface at higher MMR.

Ultimately, I am still unhappy about how killers are continuously receiving overheat/token power mechanics, and highly restrictive perks that don't synergize. All while survivor is mostly left the same, or simply buffed. The synergies at survivors disposal makes survivor a lot of fun to play, but can quickly become boring due to how much the game does for you.

Needless to say, I am looking forward to the survivor basekit changes becoming their focus after legion/ghostface changes. My fear is that they will be buffing more than nerfing survivors.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,699

If I lost everything on my account I would leave because I wouldn't wanna grind it ALL over again. Other than that I can't stay away from this game. There's no other game that can take me away from DBD.

• latinfla4

I dont think anything has really been done...surprised the developers aren't doing a system ban for hackers that are caught.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

A five-year-old game having as many bugs and glitches that it does is pretty much reason enough.

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718

Behavior cannot even patch totems...

• Entity_Lich94
    Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 320

I've now not played in over a month now which is the longest I've gone off the game since playing in 2016, and I don't see myself coming back for now.

It was after I had another match with a hacker, he held the game hostage for about 10 minutes then when he finally left, he was joking about how easy it was to get away with it. Tried to report him with screen shots and videos I took of him but BHVRs page for reporting (which took a very long time for me to find) kept crashing whenever I tried to upload anything.

I just sat there looking at this thinking how BHVR dont handle hackers but people modding cosmetics, they immediately ban and stop them. How the mmr system now makes every match very competitive and has made the que times for me insanely long. How in the past year or so BHVR as a company(or the management there at least) seem to care less and less for Dbd and more trying to make a quick buck and pushing out chapters that clearly aren't ready.

I don't want to spend my free time on a game that takes a huge chunk of time to find a match, only for that match to most likely have a hacker that you know won't face any consequences for doing what they are doing. And if its not a hacker, it'll be some other game breaking bug that's been introduced with the last update/chapter. And if its not that, its going against very sweaty competitive people who sling insults at you regardless of the outcome of the match.

That was the moment I said to myself "you know what? I'm done with this"

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Stop? That's easy. MMR being busted, and me getting roflstomped and gloated at by sweaty SWF after sweaty SWF. Which is why I'm taking a break until the bugfix patch.

Stop permanently ? If BHVR nerfed Hag, Pinhead, Wraith (oh wait), Doctor and Demo.

Although another map or two as awful as RPD would certainly make me consider it.

• H1GHLVND3R
    H1GHLVND3R Member Posts: 138
    1. Desyncs
    2. Every 2nd game cheater
    3. Minor bug fixes takes decades
    4. Worst mmr system ever created
    5. Bloodweb grind can compare to MMO which is fn annoying
    6. Unbalanced maps

We have all that and i still playing, idk what can make me stop for good, i gues only if i will become tired of gameplay or there be no fun at all

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209

"The last straw"

Between technical errors, balancing issues and distasteful corporate practices, it's nearly there.