The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do you main a killer? Why?

I main Pyramid Head because of his power. He can trap survivors in vaults and pallets, hit through walls, and Mori without an offering.

Also I'm a massive Silent Hill fan.

Comments

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,864

Spirit because she’s very fun and now I don’t feel bad for playing her anymore. A lot more risk to using her power.

• pyramidheadmain6233
    pyramidheadmain6233 Member Posts: 121

Nemesis is amazing, just wish he wasn't like six dollars more than regular DLC.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

Deathslinger, because he has a really cool character design, an incredibly fun to use power that is unique and stands out and i feel like you can never really stop improving with him.

well, at least that would have been my answer prior to the latest patch.

now i guess im not really maining anyone in particular? cuz i aint gonna stick with the BS they did to him, just like Billy (also someone i really enjoyed playing back in the day before they just went ahead and gutted him for no reason) they did a great job at removing everything fun about him.

might go back to Trapper, he did receive some buffs and has some genuinely interesting, strategic and fun gameplay. but then there is MMR and all the sweatlords it gives me... sigh

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,461

I used to consider myself a Wraith main at one point, but then I realized that I couldnt stick to just one thing when there was so much more the game offered.

Thats when I decided I wanted to P3 every killer, and play them all, trying to get more of an in depth understanding of their playstyles, techs, strengths and weaknesses.

Nowadays there are 5 killers who I dont play as often as I should. And those killers are Pig, Clown, Spirit, Plague and Ghost Face.

That doesn't mean I dont play them, just means I play them less than others

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,881

I main pyramid head because i feel like playing the actually challenging role. Not the "I'm just a god because of perks" role

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

Spirit because The Ring

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Can you guess?

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 901

I enjoy chasing down survivors :) pretty much it. Gen defending can be a pain in the butt in this game, but it dont take away the fun for me.

• Nomadd
    Nomadd Member Posts: 167

I almost don't play killer at all, but if I do I consider Pinhead my main. I love Hellraiser and Cliver Barker's work in general.

Before that I played Pyramid Head, but... I don't like Pyramid Head in anything besides SH2, yeah I'm an orthodox Silent Hill fan ;)

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

Because I like the franchise the killer is from

• Vampwire
    Vampwire Member Posts: 709
  • Citrusfruit
    Citrusfruit Member Posts: 73

I more or less bounce around a handful of killers then main just one. The killers I play most are as follows and in this order.

Hag, Trapper(I'm a sucker for setup), Nemesis, Plague, Blight, Oni, and post changes Spirit (I ADORE her new chase music)

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

I started maining killer again because I got sick of solo queue. I actually have a more enjoyable time playing killer, I have control in each match. I know when I lose it’s probably my fault. When I play survivor losing feels extra annoying when you have bad teammates because there is literally nothing you can do about that.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Not really, anymore. I tend to rotate through several killers, and most of my BP goes into trying to unlock BBQ on killers I want to play (seriously, BBQ is such a mandatory perk for me that I wish the BP part was just baseline).

When I started out, I picked up Bubba specifically for BBQ. Didn't love him (pre-rework). Ended up snagging Doctor next, and loved him. Still probably my second favorite, despite him being sort of bad. Mained him until I got Hag, who is my absolute favorite.

Now, I sort of rotate through Wraith, Hag, Doctor, Pig and am currently leveling Demo and Pinhead to learn too. I'll also go back to Nemesis eventually, but the zombies are just far too annoying sometimes.

• Miss_amethyst
    Miss_amethyst Member Posts: 3

Back before his rework, I mained Freddy. His power was weak, but unique. These days I think I will main a killer, but get bored if I have to stick with one style. So my most used killers are wraith, oni, ghost face. Least are deathslinger, trickster, twins.

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 598

Twins because i love the Design , Idea and her Lore :D her Gameplay is fun and very unique but also very frustrating and high risk 😊

I also was very interested in conjoined Twins since Years so im happy to have some conjoined Twins in the Game :D

Other Killer i love to Play are Plague, Pyramide Head, Pinhead and Demodoggo :)

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

Nurse and Huntress. I just love their designs and how high skill/high reward they are. I tried to include Blight in this but his collision is awful on half of the maps, so meh.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

Spirit was my first main, this was back when she was new and I didn't know she was OP. Since Blight's come out I obsessively mained him because he's fun and he has a nice skill curve to him. I was playing PinHead after his release, but I don't like how alot of his power comes from the box. I would honestly just rather they had no box and his chase power was a bit stronger, I did well with him but he leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Since the Spirit nerf I've been playing Spirit a ton. She feels like a different killer entirely. Before her changes I didn't really chase with her, I would use her ability to misdirect, constantly changing targets. Obviously this doesn't work to the same affect that it did before, but she's still the queen of mind games and I've really loved learning how to use her power in chase.

• Breadn
    Breadn Member Posts: 203

I main Blight because of the almost endless opportunities to improve. Every Blight plays slightly different and you can tell them apart based on playstyle alone. Hug techs, scoot surfs, zflicks, space blight, sflicks, and the list goes on. Unfortunately in recent months some parts of him have been butchered to be more new player friendly, but part of the fun challenge is re-learning. And the fact he's a high tier killer means you can experiment widely with builds without being punished by generator speeds.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380

I originally started maining nemesis because i simply really like RE, but i ended up loving his aesthetic and power so much i stuck with him.

• Sweet_Tour
    Sweet_Tour Member Posts: 558

*Cherry Blossom and Mother Daughter ring want to know your location*

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,864
  • Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,563

Twins! Their concept is interesting and I love utilizing both of them in a trial.

The concept of a murderous pair that are related is such a fascinating concept that I can't get enough of!

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

I would say my main was legion like even with how underpowered they were I found it extremely satisfying to get 3ks and the occasional 4k with them although nemesis and Bubba are also fun

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

The picture next to my name should have been the first clue.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    edited October 2021

I’m more general now but I stick with stronger ones more since get a few hooks and teabagged at the gate isn’t fun. So I’ve tried more killers I consider strong like Pyramid Head, Oni, and Spirit

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,888

Michael Myers main. Big Halloween fan and I love Mikey's play style.

He's so versatile. Both with builds and add ons. You can have spooky Mikey, tombstone Mikey, scream for Mikey, vault master Mikey, and now we have new and improved vanity mirror Mikey.

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003

Definitely Pyramid Head. I literally couldn't contain myself when he was announced for DbD and I've been loving him ever since. I love his chase music, the sound of the knife scraping the ground and his power is fun and rewarding to use!

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,308

Not really, I tend to play all of them except Spirit and Hag (sometimes the Hag mood strikes, but very rarely) simply because I don't really find the powers of those two killers fun.

But I've certainly played more Huntress than anyone else, because hatchets are a fun power to me.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I joined because teammates were pissing me off in Overwatch, so useless and despite that they constantly blamed me when often I was the only one actually doing anything at all just because they didn't like my hero choice. And then when I joined Pokemon Unite, it was even worse in terms of how awful the players were. Don't get me wrong, survivor teammates hiding in lockers while you run the killer away from gens and let you die one hook while opening a basement chest are bad, but not even close to the horrors I have witnessed in other games where I am constantly getting 2 or 3 picks and still losing.

But why even deal with survivors when I can just kill them? Alone. And then I found true love with Leatherface. He makes playing around pallets fun instead of frustrating. When I want someone dead, they die. I love it!

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

If I had to say I "main" someone, it would be Piggie. When I first started playing killer, I started with Myers, then went to Ghostface, then found The Pig and played her almost exclusively for a while.

Over time, though, I wanted to experiment with the others -- now I play everyone on the roster. There are ones I'm really good with and others I'm still learning as I go. But at heart, I'm always going to be a Pig player first. I think I'm best with her, o have the most fun with her (especially when I run into survivors willing to meme around), and I still play her most often.

• Maliken
    Maliken Member Posts: 166

Because I don't like rolling the dice on whether I get grouped with competent survivors that do the objectives or survivors that crouch and hide while the killer is actively chasing someone else.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

I don't. Variety is the spice of life. I'd get so bored just playing 1 or 2 Killers.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 772

Blight, because he's one of the few killers in the game that is very responsive. You click M2, he rushes immediately, no BS windup or telegraph animation, you just go fast.

He has insane potential for skill expression, and more than a lot of other killers if you know what you're doing the survivor needs to put in work to evade you instead of just holding W and occasionally pressing Space.

Bump logic is also very engaging and fun to think about as you're playing in a match.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

I'm guessing main is ghost face...totoally not guessing because of your name and picture

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I main both Plague and Pig.

Plague because I absolutely love her lore and cosmetics.

Pig because I'm a huge fan of SAW and I find her adorable for some reason. I also love her cosmetics.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513

I like most killers, but I call myself a Twins main since there are so few, and I'm really good at Twins. (not in the camp/slug sense. I don't do that)

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

I main Ghostface. Whenever I play even if I am hyped about some other Killer I will play some Ghostface. I like his ability, I like his story and his animations. His mori is top tier and crouching allows for some funny mind games. Also I am a fan of the movies, who would have guessed...

My second "main" would be Cenobite. I was always a fan of Hellraiser especial because it inspired other works of art so much. Cenobites power feels good and rewarding, his passive offers slowdown and lets me run other perks than just regression and his chase music is good. Also I am constantly amazed by the different ideas survivors have to deal with the cube...

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

I used to be Legion and Deathslinger main. Well, Deathslinger is dead for me and Legion doesn't really work that well during SBMM.

So Oni and Blight it is. I have started to play Trickster lately and he is quite fun now.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I'm a Survivor main who is starting to play Killer. A bit, I'll stay a Survivor main, but playing Killer started to be fun for me.

I played a lot of Huntress and Plague. Huntress, because she has a cat mask—I'm a cat lover—but I don't like to reload... Especially since I never played a game where I have to aim before. (Unless we speak of Skyrim, but the bow is so easy to use, especially with the ability to slow the time, that it doesn't count for me.)

Plague, because I'm lazy. I mean, I don't like her power, but it's easy to use for the noob Killer I am. (I'm still wondering how to use Demo's portal. It never worked for me, I do something wrong I think.)

I "main" Huntress and Plague for now, but I'm still looking for the Killer I'll love enough to main. Maybe the next one?

I'd prefer to main an original character, even if I'm a huge Silent Hill fan, and I'd like to main PH. I prefer to see him inside SH2.

• lordfart
    lordfart Member Posts: 538

Twins because being a ferocious pouncing baby just makes me laugh so much, still hasn't gotten old for me :')

Plague is my 2nd go to, for similar reasons, I'm just so entertained projectile vomiting over everyone I see. And when I've had a bad game as her and all 4 survivors are doing the t bag at the exit thing I get so much catharsis out of just standing there and vomitting in their general direction for the remainder of the EGC. It makes me feel like I get a proper chance to telegraph my displeasure at how the match went haha

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Not anymore.

I did main Spirit for two years and a few killers bookend around her.

But anymore, I just play who I want. Often , now I play 2 solo q games, then a game as killer with the last killer I versed using their build.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited October 2021

Ping is to low to play survivor. If it is a ranged killer i may as well point at a hook since i will get hit at every pallet after turning a corner.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Oni for various reasons

* Cool af character, honestly can't see him being beaten for coolness imo

* Really fun to play, oppressive

* Requires skill

* Really fun for survivors to face

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119

I actually find the addon that gives you your power back when you break a pallet to be more useful.

• Røøkë
    Røøkë Member Posts: 36

There are a few killers I play fairly frequently, however the one I play the most is The Trickster. I find his power fun to use, and hearing the little sound of the knives hitting the survivors is incredibly satisfying. I find that I'm a lot more relaxed when I play Trickster when compared to some of the other killers. Alongside Trickster, I generally play Nemesis, Twins, & GhostFace fairly frequently.