Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is Kate playing the survivor menu theme?

FIEND8LOODED
FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336

It's said in Kate's lore that right before she was taken she was playing a song that was out of the ordinary for her. Melancholy and dark. Which makes me think that the somewhat melancholy survivor theme played with an acoustic guitar is being played by Kate. I know it must seem like a little bit of a stretch, but it at least makes some sense.

Comments

• Vell
    Vell Member Posts: 8

Yep, you're right on the money. Remember her trailer? When she was sitting by the campfire and playing the guitar? Same thing, she was playing the survivor menu theme.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

Very unlikely considering that she came into the game very recently.

• DocOctober

@scoobydoomh said:

@DocOctober said:

That doesn't mean she hasn't already been The Entity's Realm for a while.

That's nevertheless stretching it. And with the Killer theme? Did she somehow get an electric guitar and an amplifier?

• FIEND8LOODED

@DocOctober said:

@scoobydoomh said:

@DocOctober said:

That's nevertheless stretching it. And with the Killer theme? Did she somehow get an electric guitar and an amplifier?

Well they seem to have things somewhat planned out content wise, maybe she was planned?

• DocOctober

@Tombstone218 said:

@DocOctober said:

@scoobydoomh said:

@DocOctober said:

Well they seem to have things somewhat planned out content wise, maybe she was planned?

She's been in the files since Leatherface, but still not long enough for that.

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

@DocOctober said:

Prequels are a thing in the movie industry. Why can't it be the same in a video game?

• DocOctober

@Soren said:

@DocOctober said:

Prequels are a thing in the movie industry. Why can't it be the same in a video game?

This argumentation leads nowhere.

It's obvious that you guys WANT her to be the one playing the DbD theme and apparently, nothing will change that opinion.

I can accept that, but then I will stop wasting my time with a pointless discussion.

• Lyxfex
    Lyxfex Member Posts: 8

for me Kate lore is proving something

Why would the entity take her right their ? No killer as gone their and no horrific act as been done and she did go their multiple time. So why the Entity take her in the first place

Is the entity powerfull enough so he can take survivors whitout waiting for them to go to the horrific scenario or the entity try to do something else

i think the entity is trying to do something else

• scoobydoomh
    scoobydoomh Member Posts: 47

@DocOctober said:

@Tombstone218 said:

@DocOctober said:

@scoobydoomh said:

@DocOctober said:

Actually, shes been a part of the game much longer then that. There's a picture that was a teaser for the game before it came out. Here it is.
    See the girl on the left? Doesn't that resemble Kate? She has a similar top and tattoos. So it is possible that they planned her.

• DocOctober

As I said before, you guys are searching validation for something that is not the case. You grasp at straws and that's a mentality I do not support. I won't waste my time with this. That promo-image shows the four original Survivors, Dwight, Meg, Claudette and Jake, they looked very different in their alpha stage (see the original game trailer) than they look these days. The guy with the med-kit looks very much like an early concept of Dwight that the devs showed us.

• scoobydoomh

@Lyxfex said:
    for me Kate lore is proving something

Why would the entity take her right their ? No killer as gone their and no horrific act as been done and she did go their multiple time. So why the Entity take her in the first place

Is the entity powerfull enough so he can take survivors whitout waiting for them to go to the horrific scenario or the entity try to do something else

i think the entity is trying to do something else

That's an interesting thought. I don't think they gave us very much information about the exact location where she was taken or what happened there. A brutal murder could have happened there in the past (or future?) so that could be the reason why she was taken. Or something could have happened there while she was traveling. We just don't have enough information to know exactly why she wasn't taken from that location before. But you could be right about The Entity gaining power and trying to spread it's influence.

• scoobydoomh

@DocOctober said:
    As I said before, you guys are searching validation for something that is not the case. You grasp at straws and that's a mentality I do not support. I won't waste my time with this. That promo-image shows the four original Survivors, Dwight, Meg, Claudette and Jake, they looked very different in their alpha stage (see the original game trailer) than they look these days. The guy with the med-kit looks very much like an early concept of Dwight that the devs showed us.

Well, I don't see you using any evidence in your side of the argument. But either side could be right here. It's a possibility that the menu music has a connection to Kate, or it could have nothing to do with her. The only way we could ever know is if the devs answered the question but I have a feeling that they wouldn't be very helpful as the majority of their answers regarding lore are "maybe" or "i don't want to talk about that". So I'm just going to leave it at there's a possibility that Kate is playing the survivor menu theme but at the moment we don't have anything confirming or denying this.

• DocOctober
    edited June 2018

@scoobydoomh said:

@DocOctober said:

Well, I don't see you using any evidence in your side of the argument. But either side could be right here. It's a possibility that the menu music has a connection to Kate, or it could have nothing to do with her. The only way we could ever know is if the devs answered the question but I have a feeling that they wouldn't be very helpful as the majority of their answers regarding lore are "maybe" or "i don't want to talk about that". So I'm just going to leave it at there's a possibility that Kate is playing the survivor menu theme but at the moment we don't have anything confirming or denying this.

No proof? I just told you that the guy carrying the med-kit looks exactly like an early Dwight-concept, with the others very likely being Alpha Meg, Jake and Claudette. The girl you refer to as resembling Kate is actually an early concept of Meg: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/File:480X800-Meg.jpg

• scoobydoomh

@DocOctober said:

Also, aren't you also grasping for straws in your side of the argument? You never shared any solid evidence that it isn't Kate playing the survivor menu theme. You just tried to debunk it with statements void of any actual fact behind them.

• DocOctober
    edited June 2018

@scoobydoomh said:

@DocOctober said:

Also, aren't you also grasping for straws in your side of the argument? You never shared any solid evidence that it isn't Kate playing the survivor menu theme. You just tried to debunk it with statements void of any actual fact behind them.

I just shared evidence.
    https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/File:480X800-Dwight.jpg Concept Dwight
    https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/File:480X800-Meg.jpg Concept Meg
    https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/File:480X800-Jake.jpg Concept Jake
    https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/File:480X800-Claudette.jpg Concept Claudette

I'm not grasping at straws, as you can plainly see, the four characters in the picture above are our original four Survivors.

Here, now stop grasping at straws, Kate is not playing the theme-tune.

• scoobydoomh

@DocOctober said:

@scoobydoomh said:

@DocOctober said:

I just shared evidence.
    https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/File:480X800-Claudette.jpg Concept Claudette

I'm not grasping at straws, as you can plainly see, the four characters in the picture above are our original four Survivors.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how this shows how she isn't playing the survivor theme. I think you are thinking to much about how Kate was introduced into the game at a later time. This has nothing to do with the lore of the game as it doesn't explain where the music originated lore wise. I'm standing firm in my side of the argument that there is a possibility that Kate is playing the survivor theme music. Your evidence is irrelevant, as it doesn't address the main question of this discussion which is if Kate is playing the survivor theme in the game.

• DocOctober

@scoobydoomh said:

@DocOctober said:

@scoobydoomh said:

@DocOctober said:

I just shared evidence.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how this shows how she isn't playing the survivor theme. I think you are thinking to much about how Kate was introduced into the game at a later time. This has nothing to do with the lore of the game as it doesn't explain where the music originated lore wise. I'm standing firm in my side of the argument that there is a possibility that Kate is playing the survivor theme music. Your evidence is irrelevant, as it doesn't address the main question of this discussion which is if Kate is playing the survivor theme in the game.

If that's the case, then don't try to use a picture showing the four original Survivors as concepts as "proof" for the argument that Kate's been in the game for much longer than she's actually been.

You're the type that can't handle being proven wrong with facts, you immediately backtracked and now state that the picture and my provided evidence against your initial claim about it actually don't matter at all and should be disregarded.

That kind of behaviour is one that I severely dislike as it shows a lot of dishonesty with me and with yourself.

You've shown yet again that you obviously can't be convinced that Kate hasn't been in the game long enough to be the creator/originator of the Survivor theme song, nevermind that it also doesn't explain where the Killer and the main menu variation originate from.

I won't waste my time with you any longer. Live in your fairy tale world if it makes you happy, I know better.

• FIEND8LOODED

@DocOctober said:

@Soren said:

@DocOctober said:

It's obvious that you guys WANT her to be the one playing the DbD theme and apparently, nothing will change that opinion.

I can accept that, but then I will stop wasting my time with a pointless discussion.

Hey, hey no need to be rude. It's just a discussion.

• DocOctober

@DocOctober said:

@Soren said:

@DocOctober said:

A discussion based on nothing but of made-up fairy tales and actual counter-proof to pseudo-proof is suddenly disregardedable? No thanks.
  • scoobydoomh

@DocOctober said:

@scoobydoomh said:

@DocOctober said:

@scoobydoomh said:

@DocOctober said:

I just shared evidence.

If that's the case, then don't try to use a picture showing the four original Survivors as concepts as "proof" for the argument that Kate's been in the game for much longer than she's actually been.

You're the type that can't handle being proven wrong with facts, you immediately backtracked and now state that the picture and my provided evidence against your initial claim about it actually don't matter at all and should be disregarded.

That kind of behaviour is one that I severely dislike as it shows a lot of dishonesty with me and with yourself.

You've shown yet again that you obviously can't be convinced that Kate hasn't been in the game long enough to be the creator/originator of the Survivor theme song, nevermind that it also doesn't explain where the Killer and the main menu variation originate from.

I won't waste my time with you any longer. Live in your fairy tale world if it makes you happy, I know better.

I never used that picture as a way to prove that she's the one playing the theme. I used it to state that it is possible that her character concept was in the game for a much longer time because of the similarities that the early Meg concept shared with her. I never backtracked, you are just trying to discredit my argument by twisting my words. Additionally, this is in the lore section of the forums so it is obviously about the lore. The time of Kate's release has nothing to do with the lore. The devs have stated that they are constantly adding to the lore so who's to say they haven't credited Kate as the person who is playing the survivor theme song lore wise?

• scoobydoomh

@DocOctober said:
    Tombstone218 said:

@DocOctober said:

@Soren said:

@DocOctober said:

A discussion based on nothing but of made-up fairy tales and actual counter-proof to pseudo-proof is suddenly disregardedable? No thanks.

This is the lore section of the forums, of course it's going to be full of made-up fairy tales. If you don't like that then you can move on.

• DocOctober
    I just don't like that you guys try to make something into something it is clearly not.

And you did try using the picture as proof for why Kate might be in the game longer than she actually is, stop trying to deny that.
  • scoobydoomh

@DocOctober said:
    I just don't like that you guys try to make something into something it is clearly not.

And you did try using the picture as proof for why Kate might be in the game longer than she actually is, stop trying to deny that.

Again, let me explain it to you. You tried to use that picture to try to prove that she isn't the person playing the survivor theme. I shared my view on why I think that isn't a valid reason why she didn't play that tune. In the first place I was trying to use that picture to show that it's possible that a concept of Kate has been in the game for a longer time than when she was found in the files when Leatherface released. This is because of how similar she is to the early Meg concept. These two things are completely different and unrelated, other than it's the same picture being used. I never backtracked. Again, I repeat, I never backtracked on my argument.

• scoobydoomh

@DocOctober I apologize if any of my responses offended you, it was never my intention. I try to keep my arguments civil. I am passionate about the lore of this game and I hope I didn't let that passion overrule civility. This argument has been fun and intellectually stimulating and I thank you for helping me see both sides of this argument. Even though I still think that it is a possibility that Kate is the person that is playing the survivor theme song, I do understand that this has not been proven and that it is possible that I am completely wrong.

• FIEND8LOODED

@DocOctober there is nothing proving or disproving our argument. Nothing explicitly proves or disproves Kate being the one playing the survivor menu theme. It just sounded similar, and Kate happens to play an acoustic guitar. Nothing more. I wasn't stating it as fact, and I said that I knew that it was reaching.

@DocOctober said:

@scoobydoomh said:

@DocOctober said:

First, I never mentioned the killer theme, she is obviously not connected.

@DocOctober said:

@Tombstone218 said:

@DocOctober said:

@scoobydoomh said:

@DocOctober said:

Just because she was in the files since Leatherface doesn't mean that she hasn't existed before then.

@DocOctober said:

@Soren said:

@DocOctober said:

It wasn't argumentative at that point, it was a simple question.

@DocOctober said:

@scoobydoomh made a poor point, but it was an honest mistake. It does slightly resemble Kate to those who don't know what the alpha survivors looked like. And sure we're grasping at straws, but so are most people in the lore section. There's not a lot to go around.

@DocOctober said:

@scoobydoomh said:

@DocOctober said:

No proof? I just told you that the guy carrying the med-kit looks exactly like an early Dwight-concept, with the others very likely being Alpha Meg, Jake and Claudette. The girl you refer to as resembling Kate is actually an early concept of Meg: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/File:480X800-Meg.jpg

That proof you brought up doesn't prove your argument, just as the initial proof we showed (that your proof disproved) doesn't prove ours. At this point neither side of this debate has any concrete evidence.

@DocOctober said:

@scoobydoomh said:

@DocOctober said:

@scoobydoomh said:

@DocOctober said:

I just shared evidence.

Again, rude. You can get your point across without insulting people.

@DocOctober said:

Yes, you're right it wasn't proof but that, again, does not disprove it. As I have said before, neither side has brought up concrete evidence to prove one side right. You proving the image as someone else doesn't mean our argument is wrong, it just means the point we made for our argument is wrong.

People are just speculating on a made up game in a made up universe with made up characters. If you're so against it then leave.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Quick answer: the theme is played by more than one guitar, so she can't possibly be playing it.

• scoobydoomh

@Tombstone218 said:
    @DocOctober there is nothing proving or disproving our argument. Nothing explicitly proves or disproves Kate being the one playing the survivor menu theme. It just sounded similar, and Kate happens to play an acoustic guitar. Nothing more. I wasn't stating it as fact, and I said that I knew that it was reaching.

@DocOctober said:

@scoobydoomh said:

@DocOctober said:

First, I never mentioned the killer theme, she is obviously not connected.

@DocOctober said:

@Tombstone218 said:

@DocOctober said:

@scoobydoomh said:

@DocOctober said:

Just because she was in the files since Leatherface doesn't mean that she hasn't existed before then.

@DocOctober said:

@Soren said:

@DocOctober said:

It wasn't argumentative at that point, it was a simple question.

@DocOctober said:

@scoobydoomh made a poor point, but it was an honest mistake. It does slightly resemble Kate to those who don't know what the alpha survivors looked like. And sure we're grasping at straws, but so are most people in the lore section. There's not a lot to go around.

@DocOctober said:

@scoobydoomh said:

@DocOctober said:

That proof you brought up doesn't prove your argument, just as the initial proof we showed (that your proof disproved) doesn't prove ours. At this point neither side of this debate has any concrete evidence.

@DocOctober said:

@scoobydoomh said:

@DocOctober said:

@scoobydoomh said:

@DocOctober said:

I just shared evidence.

Again, rude. You can get your point across without insulting people.

@DocOctober said:

Yes, you're right it wasn't proof but that, again, does not disprove it. As I have said before, neither side has brought up concrete evidence to prove one side right. You proving the image as someone else doesn't mean our argument is wrong, it just means the point we made for our argument is wrong.

People are just speculating on a made up game in a made up universe with made up characters. If you're so against it then leave.

Thank you for explaining what I've been trying to explain what I have been trying to do this entire time. You did it a lot better than I did lol.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    No it's Kate Denson playing it. The next menu theme has Leatherface on drums.
  • ACoolName
    ACoolName Member Posts: 177

@White_Owl said:
    Quick answer: the theme is played by more than one guitar, so she can't possibly be playing it.

many survivors are in the realm of the entity. that kate meets one with a guitar isn't really that far fetched.

you see, the lore of this game is really vague and ambiguous. the devs even stated that it is made along the way. that means they can add, or even subtract anything at any given time.
    Two individuals here got into a heated debate over something that can be approved or disapproved by the devs with a mere yes / no.
    arguments are really worthless if you think about it. No matter what, the devs can say ":kate was able to procure a guitar. She felt she needed to continue the song. blah blah blah...." or a simple "no"
    so for the two who argued : you can only give an opinion. 'prof' is an illusion of sense when it comes to this, THIS, THIS , THISSSSSSSSSS, ( THIS AND I HIGHLIGHT THIS) lore.
    plus..........one side apologized, the other didn't. I'm sorry, but the one that did not apologize has to at least acknowledge the fact that he was a bit stingy. though i have seen many posts made by said person and they are extremely devoted to this game, hence why I understand their actions.
    in a nutshell, MAYBE. that's the only answer.
    Freddy fedora hat tip to you all.

• JusticeZERO
    JusticeZERO Member Posts: 173
    edited June 2018

Until we have word from the devs that it is NOT her, then we can believe whatever we want and if that means you believe shes been playing since the beginning? that's acceptable. you think she couldnt possibly be playing the theme? that's acceptable. its subjective at this point.

I'm #teamkateplayingthetheme

EDIT: I was sleepy, wrote "begging" instead of "beginning"

Post edited by JusticeZERO on
  • ACoolName
    ACoolName Member Posts: 177

@JusticeZERO
    thank you. just thank you.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

That definitely is Meg in that original art. Also, if anything I bet Kate was going to be a licensed character, like the Jessica Beil version of Erin, and they couldn’t get licensing so kept her design and tweaked it until it could fit in the game.

Also, the possibility of her playing the theme is very high up there. There’s no proof from what I see at all, but story wise the idea of Kate boosting moral at the campfire to build up hope for the entity just simply makes sense from a story telling perspective, and from her personality description. Especially since the menu mechanics reflect the games story a bit.

Out of curiosity, where does it specify that Kate is allowed to keep her guitar by the entity? I didn’t notice that tidbit anywhere in the game.

• AnIntellectualClone
    AnIntellectualClone Member Posts: 118

@scoobydoomh said:

@DocOctober said:

@Tombstone218 said:

@DocOctober said:

@scoobydoomh said:

@DocOctober said:

Actually, shes been a part of the game much longer then that. There's a picture that was a teaser for the game before it came out. Here it is.
    See the girl on the left? Doesn't that resemble Kate? She has a similar top and tattoos. So it is possible that they planned her.

I think that's the early version of Meg man, and Jake, and Claudette, and Dwight. They most probably didn't have those names originally, but it does look like the main cast.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

Since the music holds more than one instrument, what if it was the music of all survivors who knew how to play something in the forest by the fire? Time doesn’t function normally. It’s would be cool if survivors carried the song, and maybe there is a source to its existence. Maybe opening gates?

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@Tombstone218 said:
    It's said in Kate's lore that right before she was taken she was playing a song that was out of the ordinary for her. Melancholy and dark. Which makes me think that the somewhat melancholy survivor theme played with an acoustic guitar is being played by Kate. I know it must seem like a little bit of a stretch, but it at least makes some sense.

i freakign hope not that accordian is so bad