Devs killer's community refuse to play with ur new updates and buffs!

Comments

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

I just wanted to share a clip I recorded back in June:

As you can see, my hit went basically through that survivor (it wasn't even a full lunge). This is exactly how dead hard is supposed to work. It's something I'm used to, because my ping is good enough (25-45), and in my experience dead hard always works in this way when I play killer.

This isn't a dead hard buff, it's a fix. It's also taking away the unfair advantage people with worse connections had, as the hit was registered on their side regardless of the survivor's action.

This whole situation kind of reminds me of the change they did to J flicking, which console players complained about as it gave an unfair advantage to killer players (as console blight couldn't j flick). Same thing: an unfair advantage removed, which balances out players with good and bad pings.

The annoying part is the scream, that could have been fixed already by releasing the animation only if the server acknowledged the hit. The delay would probably be unnoticeable most of the times anyway

• UkilledLegion
    UkilledLegion Member Posts: 620

@egg_ lol the same plus impossible to fake now :D

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,978

Killers were complaining about Dead Hard for distance and Survivors were complaining that the perk didn't work in the way it was intended - leaving them exhausted on the ground, which shouldn't happen as they have that initial period where they can't be hit. Since dedicated servers were implemented the perk didn't work properly because it was dependent on the killers ping - now it's server sided so it's dependent on the person who did the action first - the server decides whether the hit should have connected prior to E being pressed or if the Survivor pressed the button in time.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Sure.

But the thing is - DH felt balanced around these quirks, with a pretty short exhaustion timer. Remember - even before this fix, it was probably the most meta of meta perks. It was strong.

This fix was probably needed, but it has definitely make this perk significantly stronger as a result, to the point where, no hyperbole, it's unhealthily overpowered. It's not hard to time, offers an incredible mistake correction ability and now has the potential to completely throw off the killer due to the wrongly applied FX.

At the very least it needs another balance pass. Probably aimed at it's exhaustion length.

• StarLost

Shrug. Fair enough, I understand that you can't comment on balance and that's not your purpose here.

I'm just getting in my 2c regarding how this fix feels from the other end, particularly with the various miseries of killers at present.

Pre dedicated-servers is quite some time ago, back when the game was more of a 'Wild West' balance wise. It's a very different, and much more sophisticated game now.

Regardless, I appreciate you coming forward to explain this.

• Mandy

no problem and thank you for understanding...I will (and have) taken back the feedback about Dead Hard from a balance point of view and for the way it "feels" with regards to the scream etc.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

I think a great solution is to give it the Doc Shock treatment, you can use it to avoid a hit or get some distance but you won't be able to immediately drop a pallet or vault a window anymore. That's honestly my biggest issue with DH, in the open you can bait it out, at a short loop they might get the pallet but you've got them down as soon as they try to move to a new tile, but at any strong window or pallet the DH for distance extends a chase drastically. Killer play is already overloaded with time management that a chase being extended as much as those windows or pallets allow leads to more camping, tunneling, slugging, and other unfun play styles to try to mitigate the time lost. Imo, it's okay for perks to be strong, some need to be, but when a strong perk borders on unhealthy for the game (think old, old, and older DS) it needs to be brought to balance.

• StarLost

While you are at it, buy them a box of donuts from me and tell them to killswitch RPD for a while (or fix the office quasi-infinite). I kid, I kid

All the best.

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 998

I mean, the change makes sense and I do think Dead Hard should have been changed to revolve around what the server determines as a hit. Even if I don't like it, I gotta admit it had to be done.

---

That said, that first sentence reminded me of the flashlight and pallet stun "bug fix" where killers could get stunned at any time during the animation. That was considered an intended mechanic being fixed at the time rather than a buff as well.

But I gotta say, when a bug lasts so long that people get so adjusting to playing around it, I'd hesitate on saying that fixing mechanic's affected by the bug isn't a buff or a nerf. It's definitely making a popular perk stronger than how it's been for a long time, so in that way it's more like an indirect buff.

I say this just in case anyone's frustrated with the terms, or feel they're being treated unfairly by having something they dislike get stronger with a denial that it is getting stronger.

Heck, to anyone worried, if this change did make Dead Hard actually statistically unbearable, I'm sure it'd get adjusted. This change might even help in that regard... someday, maybe.

• Faen
    Faen Member Posts: 55

I think it's not normal that Dead Hard is so easy to implement. At the same time, he gives such a huge advantage in the chase that neither

one killer cannot do anything. Dead Hard breaks timings. It's not good

• UkilledLegion

@MandyTalk this post not about only hard dead! This post about hug walls when survivors lick walls and killer see survivor but not begin chase or lose chase very fast.This post about totems because ur uptade make a killers hex absolutely useless especially autohaven map, where totem spawn in front of gen,and survivors can abuse boon 100000000 times,this post about broken bloodlust because not understand why stop or why not increase,this post about broken pinhead chains,survivor can solve 1 sec coub and kill pinhead's chains.U HAVE MORE TROUBLES WITH GAME AND TELL PLEASE DEVS THAT THEY GET DOWN TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599
    edited October 2021

Imagine blindly following the opinion of ScottJund like as if it's fact. That's like believing people that say Covid doesn't exist.

• Mandy
  • Mandy

None of this was mentioned in your initial post - only Dead Hard, which is why that's been addressed in this thread.

I have no idea what you mean by Bloodlust being broken because there's no a single report of bloodlust not working as it should.

• Khelendrose2020
    Khelendrose2020 Member Posts: 207
    edited October 2021

Dead Hard is not the discouraging issue for killer imo. It is SBMMR and Boons that are making killer miserable. I see all these threads on how Boons are not going to be meta, yet every match I've run this week sees 2 to 4 up at the same time. Add in SBMMR and constant skilled SWF and tgis is a lesson in futility.

Oh, but you can hear them so loud! Yeah, but then stopping pressure to look for it, then toy with the fact you have to position just right to interact with it and you just lost 10 to 15 seconds. Multiply that times three and you just lost a duo gen. If it's a multilevel map, forget it.

Just ignore it. Sure, and watch players healing in front of you. If they jave a healers kit or healing perk added in, you are in for a long match.

Yeah, Dead Hard hardly registers with me. I wish that was the biggest issue.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Mandy I have a question that's not related to this thrilling discussion of Dead Hard that I believe only someone like you can answer. How do I go about doing that. This question has nothing to do with any of the drama that's going on now....its regarding suggestions on a new killer idea.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150
    edited October 2021

Wait out dead hard if it bothering you so much.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

you'll probably have to start a different thread for that.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Yea I kinda figured but I also didn't want every Tom Dick and Harry to blog it down with their own "information" lol

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720

As a Killer main, dead hard is my least concern. I'd like to see changes to perks such as FIRE UP and Brutal Strength. Yes, Dead Hard has bugs. But it does not break the game for me that much. I just learn to play around it and "mind game" folks using it.

• LeonxJiwoon
    LeonxJiwoon Member Posts: 455
    edited October 2021

Because your the brillant killer that know how to punish us dead hard users and make us a laughing stock and for this I respect you, its a shame some of your killer mains counter parts do not how to do it , you may have to teach them, as if sprint burst aint to me if not more op than dead hard, oh please hook me as the exit opens and someone with bt pulls me off and i have sprint burst+adrenaline. So i get 300 burst of speed and full health with endurance effect to safe zoom past the killer waiting to kill me on gate. stealth killer ms piggy/ghosty or myers staring at me. zoooooooom am out of here.

• copperysinger5
    copperysinger5 Member Posts: 19

The buffs given to survivors are made to be played by an infantile

• Fobbo
    Fobbo Member Posts: 452
  • Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

That is boons being meta, a team only needs one or two people for all 4 of the survivors to receive their full benefits. I have actually started to play other asymmetrical games other than DbD because of the recentt changes, and loving it as both other games killer and survivor equivalent. Also this new game I am playing - much better community.

I am so surprised other games exist, and am starting to understand Dead by Daylight is only popular because of the die hard fans and they have Twitch by the balls.

• SRGII
    SRGII Member Posts: 39
    edited October 2021

There many reports and footage showing how broken and unbalanced this game is, yet as a dev you ignore them as you know if you did your surv community would drop and sales would drop off due to lack of skin sales. Instead you make a small percentage suffer, due to this fact!

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    edited October 2021

I play killer 90% of the time because I simply don't enjoy the randoms I get in solo queue.

As a killer main, I'm extremely happy with the validation fixes. At first it was weird for both the pallets and DH, but once I got used to the animations it's really not that bad. I'd much rather have a perk that works as intended. Even when I was streaming before this bug fix, I'd call out when a hit shouldn't have hit, and it feels good that I'm not getting those free hits I shouldn't have. It in no way changes my personal skill at the game or my ability to kill. You don't lose a match because of 1-2 hit validations. It's just the newest thing changed so it's the latest blame game.

Even with boons, although I do feel they're strong, I don't feel they've changed my ability to kill or winrate that much. Are there still those SWFs that can abuse super strong builds and smash me? Yeah. But there's also those strong SWFs that make too many mistakes that I'm able to capitalize on. And usually, it's me 4king in the end, or one person getting hatch. Maybe 1 or 2 times out of 10, I'll get only 1 or no kills. But it's not an every game thing. And I typically play against really strong teams, well coordinated, with strong perks.

I feel like the ones who are having that much trouble ever single match, either know the micro details for their specific killer, but don't understand the macro game. Or vise versa, they know killers in general, but don't know the micro details about killers they're playing.

I will say though, most matches are getting kinda stale. Probably just cause boons are new and everyone is running them, I feel like I'm forced to run certain perks to not be at a big disadvantage. So most matches are one of 3 perk builds, so it's kinda boring. I will say it doesn't feel great to play killer right now. Even in matches I'm dominating in. It's either full domination, or full steam rolled and no in between. Not fun.

• LeonxJiwoon
    edited October 2021

Yeah and killers complain about survivors now doing bones via boon totem to counter NOED ^.^

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

Im pretty sure they don't and probably never will take all those thing into account. And if its taken into account it will take years to get fixed as usually.

They don't even think that the wrong visual feedback of screams and blood is a bug, which is crazy to say something like that when its makes the killer experience even more frustrating and miserable. Maybe when the day when no one want to play killer anymore comes they will realize.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

Im main killer and Im agree with the "buff" more likely fixed DH I hope they notice that DH is OP perk and nerf it.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

Wanna change meta a bit? Make Dead hard a high nerf and you will make it.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,696

People talked about things like power whiffs/fatigues from day 1 of hit validation being applied to DH.

"It's fine" seems to be the response from most players/community.

@_@

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    edited October 2021

I have usually under 30 ms and my record is 4 hits validated in one game since last patch.

Just because my ping is low, doesn't mean survivor's ping is low...

• Leonardo1ita
    Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,278

@MandyTalk Is this how it's supposed to work? Especially with Victor (and Nemesis also) its extremely frustrating getting destroyed with Victor because dead hard hit validation makes you go on cooldown instead of through the survivor.

Do you know if this was intended or not?

• Leonardo1ita
    Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,278

Actually the speed curve you get with DH has been changed to go to 10m/s immediately, but it was a long time ago

• Raccoon

To clarify, DH hit validation is fine in most cases, but being able to 'body block' various hits/projectiles with it for 'free' and being able to 'eat' certain powers that could still allow for a successful down depending on the DH timing should be addressed as it is 100% unfair.

• LeonxJiwoon
    edited October 2021

We best not waste our time more, killers want us to stop complaining about NOED, but they think its ok to complain about dead hard/boon totems and now i notice a complaint post about iron will 😂. I am surprised that new vigil or built to last aint complain on YET but i wont hold my breath for long. I know lets remove the survivors totally and let killers kill each other like Freddy VS Jason.

• Raccoon
    edited October 2021

I think NOED is fine, personally, as do the majority given straw polls here and on Rediit.

Boons - Too early to tell, but I think they're fine aside from some totems in some already bad structures for killer. I honestly think that if Thrill kept its notification (with an added loud noise or aura for Boons) that all complaints would be null, as it would allow a universal perk to counter them if people constantly encountered them.

Built to Last - There have been a few complaint topics, but they're generally referring to the problem of overtuned items rather than the perk itself.

Vigil - Haven't seen any real feedback on it, which probably shows that the buff is fine/warranted.

With regards to Dead Hard...

1). Pre-Validation - If someone used it against a Pig Ambush, I could let the Ambush continue or do a 180/360 spin to hit them, depending on how it was used....now it eats the Ambush, requiring me to go into cooldown and recharge....Also eats Hillbilly saw.

2). Nemesis Tentacle vs Dead Hard Validation at a pallet does not get a hit OR break the pallet, requiring me to go into cooldown.

3). Survivors can use it to bodyblock/eat projectiles instead of having the projectile pass through them and hitting their friend. I've already experienced this a couple of times as Huntress and it sucks super hard.

....aside from outliers like this (and eating STBFL stacks if that's a thing) the perk is ok/the same in its current state. It's just unfortunate that it seems to punish certain skillful/mechanical actions on lesser played killers.

• Fobbo
    Fobbo Member Posts: 452

That would just take longer and there would be totems left where it can spawn

• UkilledLegion

I have no idea how devs will get out from this sutuation.Because boon and all validations and more troubles force killer's community will be angry.And noone want bloodpoints.Very difficult situation.I think they main mistake that they idk for what listen strange community who only talk about nerf.In release new killer after 1 hour already here NERF NERF NERF KILLER NERF.And devs nerf with cheap explains.But when killer's community asked to correct borrowed time (that work instead terror radius for example 12 metres from hook) our dear devs BUFF META and made that this perk always work on 12 sec :D but after hit and activa borrowed time survivor can run half map :D Of course devs like survivors more than killers and killers felt it and wake up after long time

• Feyd
    Feyd Member Posts: 428

Yeah. Let's go back to where killers playing on McDonald's wifi just win every game. That was always fun.

I can't tell you the number of times I'm halfway through the killer's shack and get hit through the window I vault d several seconds ago. Or on haddonfield, being almost to the ground after vaulting a second story window just to go down mid fall from a hit through the window upstairs.

Point is, the hit validation is crap from both perspectives, but you only care about the one that affects you personally. I agree that hitting someone and hearing the scream and blood from the hit but seeing them then lunge away fine is bullcrap, but you're being overly dramatic and completely self centered.

• LeonxJiwoon
    edited October 2021

Yeah the complaint on dead hard yet killers are still clapping you during a fast window or pallet vault like 90% of the time, lol I almost forgot one big thing killers can do and myers are number one of doing it is just literally grabbing a survivor off a gen/chest opening because of his no TR until lvl 2. It is pretty stupid how it puts one in injure state because its not like the killer hit you. maybe it may good counter to boon totems is killers using them perks that hides their TR and grab people.