DBD promotes cheaters

Poorfu
Poorfu Member Posts: 47
edited January 2022 in General Discussions

The fact that behavior does absolutely nothing to fix their anti cheat and the fact they BAN legit players for leaving a cheater's lobby. It almost seems like they really want people to cheat in this game. Recorded evidence doesn't even help much anyway since they won't do crap about it. The cheater epidemic is very large right now and I don't see anything being done about it.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

What are you basing the claim on that reports can’t get people banned?

• alex511
    alex511 Applicant Posts: 56

In their recent poll they asked you to rank what turns you off the most and cheating was a choice so they are at least thinking about actions but imo they have to, it's too much out of control atm.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

People who have been reported for blatant hacking came back to the game on the same steam account, even though their report had received the response that they were investigating the user and couldn't divulge if they were punished. It's public knowledge that the penalty for hacking is an immediate ban for life.

They purposely ignore questions about cheaters, and refuse to release a any statement about the cheaters in game, or if they are doing anything about it.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

How do you know someone was kicked off and came back on the same account? The Steam user name is changeable, it’s quite possible to make a brand new Steam account and then change the displayed user name to match an old account. And there are definitely people who have complained on forums about being “unfairly banned”. Also it’s not surprising they don’t discuss individual cases, or that they don’t discuss cheats since they don’t want to draw attention to ways people might try and cheat.

And finally I think there’s a large segment of cheating that occurs on shared IP addresses at gaming cafes and dealing with that is trickier than dealing with individual accounts. If a cafe owns the game and 200 people play on it every night, but some of them cheat, should Behavior ban that cafe entirely? Do they even have that recourse? It’s not a trivial question.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,957

no endorsing would be them giving links to places where hacks can be found

*cough*escape from tarcov*cough*

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709

Easy Anti Cheat is not theirs, it is a third party program.

They do not disclose their actions against individual players and unless you have inside knowledge you cannot state whether reports have any effect.

The ease and control that cheaters have is something that should be addressed by them, but doesn't mean they don't care.

DC from a game is by no means an indication that there was a cheater in the game, so naturally you will be hit by the time out. If they were able to detect them, they would kick out the cheater.

While BHVR could do more, it doesn't mean that they promote it.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

I got a little more familiar with how EAC works, so yes, apparently EAC only detects files being changed not 3rd party programs and scripts since they are not detected as "a manual edit".

To put simply if you mess up with let's say, custom perk icons you can get banned but cheaters that actively cheat and do crazy stuff like insta healing/massive speed boost/jump etc won't be banned as the game is detecting those as "perks" or falling from a high place.

To do something against cheaters they would need to get an actual anti cheat, secondly they would need to set something like a "what is happening in this match" thing, so they can confirm that someone is healing every 1 second and stuff.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662
    edited October 2021

BHVR really need to beef up their support. The last time I reported a blatant cheater (and a progress cheater) with video evidence it took them about 22 days to be banned. That's 22 more days the cheaters could have been cheating for.

I haven't bothered reporting anyone since because it's not worth my time: 1) Staying in the cheaters game, 2) Recording them, 3) Uploading it to YouTube, 4) Filling out the report form, getting my cloud id, their player64id etc etc if it's going to take 22 days for just 1 cheater to be banned.

I hope BHVR remove the increasing ban penalties and simply have a standard ban of 5 minutes. I've played against 4 cheaters today and so after my 3rd DC I've been banned for 15 minutes. I can understand a 5 minute ban but with all these cheaters infesting this game (and in some cases forcing people to DC) they need to relax the ban penalties.

• SeannyD115
    SeannyD115 Member Posts: 583

Other game companies go after sites that sell cheats but behavior doesn't seem to care.

As long as cheaters can keep buying new accounts from these sites that sell cheats the problem will never go away

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,957

big companies with lot of money go after sites that sell cheats

This discussion has been closed.