Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Should Blight techs be removed?

Wedeguy
Wedeguy Member Posts: 278
edited November 2021 in General Discussions

I see that some people want to have all of Blight's techs to be removed from the game since they were not an intended feature by the devs.

I'm talking about stuff like : Hug tech, Scoot Slide, Moon Rush, High DPI flicks and S/Z flicks. basically all of the fun and technical hard to learn stuff of blight.

What is your opinion of that guys?

From one side, yeah they were not intended and give advantage to the killer.

From the other side, it makes the killer much more hard to learn, fun, rewarding and STRONG.

Do we actually need to nerf more killers in a survivor sided game so just all high MMR games will be against "No game design works against me" Nurses?

Don't forget that all of his techs are counterable if you can realize you're against a good blight and you're expecting him to do them.

Comments

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551

Nah I think Blight is fine as a Survivor. I can still make plays against God Blights but a God Nurse? Yeah you're not doing anything but maybe survive a lunge with DH.

Billy probably my favorite killer to go against got Nerfed to smithereens and I'd hate to see that happen again.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

Okay and how about nerfing Nurse and leaving Blight?

At least Blight still plays DbD and not "the Nurse game". The problem is not how many "strong" Killers there are but how much effort they need and how much counterplay they offer. I would be okay with 5 strong Killers if all of them would require the dedication it takes for a Blight player to become good (and as long as they are playing DbD).

So overall...

No, make those techs official and leave them. Its not a bug, its a feature.

• Wedeguy
    Wedeguy Member Posts: 278

Blight won't be S tier without all these techs.

His lunge and turning will be so restricted that survivors that are good with fast reflaxes would easily couner him.

• JohnWeak
    JohnWeak Member Posts: 854
    edited November 2021
    • They were not intended so they should not exist
    • They are impossible to do on consoles, so they should not exist
    • Killer is tier F without those techs
    • Killer is unplayable against good survivors even with those techs
    • Only 0,0001% of the killer playerbase are able to play Blight properly to win against average++ survivors

So Blight needs a complete rework, without the techs he is a pathetic M1 killer and with the techs, he is buggy but can be strong if mastered but as i have said, there are only 1 or 2 good Blight players in the whole community... it means a lot of how clunky and unplayable this killer is.

Globally, the design idea around Blight is great but the global game design around loops doesn't fit for that kind of gameplay.

1. Main gameplay features = looping = running around object with tight angles and a pallet.
    2. Blight can't turn enough during a rush to be able to run around the loops.

When on earth did the devs thought Blight design was a good idea ? Next they will do a plane game under water ?

Blight is then never played as Billy and Oni.

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990

Yeah lets just have weak/B tier killers instead lets also ignore the fact that killer is supposed to be the power role

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

No, we should have strong Killers that are hard to play as. Blight is the hardest Killer to play even without the Techs, with them he is even harder and stronger while still being counterable by good players. He should keep his techs and flicks

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

Then he should be reworked. I understand that this upsets people, but it's hard enough being a console player with all of the performance issues while also having to deal with Tech Blights.

• JohnWeak
    JohnWeak Member Posts: 854
    edited November 2021

Yes, skill required to play him should be lowered, the skill cap is way way too high and hardware limited (needs an expensive high DPI mouse, 120 FPS and 144Hz screen for exemple).

As it is designed, Blight has nothing to do in the game, same for the nurse that is impossible to counter when a great player plays her. Oni is also DPI limited and should not exist as it is, Billy same.

When you do the list, there are many killer designs that are terrible.

The community considered those killers tier S or tier A but with the SBMM we now all see that most of the killers are tier B at best except the nurse which is tier SSS but impossible to counter when mastered... which prove how bad the design is.

In fact, more i play killers since the SBMM release, more i see the DbD's flaws and i'm starting to completely hate the game.

Everything is clunky when you play killer. Movements are not smooth, interactions are slow & clunky, there are bugs everywhere and bad designs decisions all the time.

Some exemples :

• blight bump registering as a slide
    • unable to set a trapper trap next to an unset trap that spawned there, adding extra operations just to set your trap especially when your bag is full
    • impossible to snuff a boon unless you are in the good position, 1cm accuracy needed...
    • survivor position teleporting at each down
    • pallet bodyblocking working half the time

The killer gameplay really feels like a PS1 game... It reminds me of the first Tomb Raider, everytime clunky, never smooth.

It is obvious that BHVR has used way more ressources to polish the survivor gameplay which feel modern and smooth...

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

Nah he's fine. If blight uses techs then that means that they have practiced blight alot. Just because console can't do it doesn't mean pc players should be punished.

• mynameisBlade
    mynameisBlade Member Posts: 325

I would remove them. He would still be fine. Deathslinger on the other hand..... GEEZUS did they F HIM UP...

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

Blight himself should be removed. Or at least banished to RPD

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Blight is fine. Only thing he needs is MnK support for consoles

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

Either straight up remove them or fix them + let him do what they allow him to do by base no matter the platform/input device, and balance around that.

That's the core thing I dislike about it. As far as I know it's not really something available to all players on all platforms, and while there will always be differences between platforms being able to bypass the intentionally implemented limits of a killer because you play on the "right" platform goes a bit beyond unavoidable differences like input devices and game performance.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

I mean theres and option to opt out of cross play use that if you can't go against pc players.

• Stealthyfeng123
    Stealthyfeng123 Member Posts: 76

I say in genaral bhvr needs to make surv nerfs not only killers and their perks the survs have S ton of strong perk while the most good killer perks are hex that makes them incrible weak or have years of cooldown

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

Maybe not soon but eventually.

Whether these 'techs' require skill or these are just exploits, if certain killer is strong and annoying then it gets nerfed.

Like most killers.

• Omputin
    Omputin Member Posts: 142

You can’t limit everything to be doable on a controller. That’s fault of BE for not implementing mouse and keyboard support for console version to make it fair.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    edited November 2021

I think they should stay, all of the techs when put together are what makes blight an actual threat. Take them all away and he is just another killer that can be easily beaten by good survivors. He would no longer have control in most of his chases. He is still definitely beatable as well, you can totally win against him even in solo queue.

I think what needs to happen is for BHVR to make him more accessible to console. I think that this is possible.

I actually think that these kinds of things are what makes killers unique and have a high skill cap. All killers should have something unique they can do in chases like Blights' techs.

Post edited by Yords on
  • Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Yeah, because in an asymmetrical game having the killer actually be a threat is illegal right?

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited November 2021

DPI flicks need to go but hug tech and abusing the dev's collision failures is fine. It is the same with Oni, that 180 you can only do on pc is a legitimate removal of counterplay.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

Blight has techs? All I ever experience when I play him is sliding off every single object like it's butter in a chase. I can only use his power to traverse the map, otherwise I'm just throwing.

I still play him, because he's the best killer on console for traversing the map quickly, but using his power in a chase is often a losing gamble. So, my opinion on what Blight needs is consistent, working collision. Unfortunately, every time the devs touch him, his collision has gotten worse.

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

Well there’s still Nurse. I think having 1 truly competent killer out of 25 is a pretty good job so far. If we aren’t careful, things could get a wee bit OP, so it’s best to air on the side of caution.

Honestly, so long as we still have DH I’m not too fussed.

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

They were not intended, yes, but that's true about many things in the game that make it currently work. Survivors aren't intended to hug walls. Survivors are almost certainly not intended to be able to turn faster by making their camera turn the other direction to spin. Flick Billy is not intended ect. Bottom line, the devs (including the guy whom was in charge of Blight) know about the techs, took actions against the ones they weren't fine with, and left the rest alone. They are fine.

Blight's not unplayable without the techs, but they're a welcome addition.

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

The most used techs are things that are related to Blight's collision mechanics, and are the same between PC and console. Unless they changed Blight on console again, the techs that haven't been patched out are for both types of hardware.

I don't see Nurse as a design failure. If anything, she shows how broken the maximum potential for survivors are since she ignores the chase mechanics and can still loose to survivors that have a strong grasp on the game's macro decisions.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Yes, if it is not intended by the devs, it should be removed. Blight is definitely strong enough without that.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,410

I'd prefer they fix his broken add ons and oversized hitbox but I'll take whatever I can get.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

They should get rid of dpi flicks and keep sliding techs.

• Impose
    Impose Member Posts: 400

No. For the thousandth time no. You don't make games better by removing cool things you can do. Intended or not. 90% of the cool mechanics in games nowadays are the result of people doing an unintended mechanic that actually works really well. The ENTIRE fps genre is currently built on a movement that was an unintended mechanic.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

You always make great posts on here and I agree with pretty much everything you say. I say remove the techs as well. Blight will still be an awesome killer without these.

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886

I opened this thread to basically write the exact same thing. Take DPI bs away, keep the rest. All the little techs are what defines Blight.

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718

I feel like I've done everything with this game in 2 years, but play on a mouse and keyboard or with 120fps LOL Consoles SUCK!

• YukiShiori21
    YukiShiori21 Member Posts: 46

Nerf a S-Tier killer but no survivor tuned down?

I don't think so.

If all killers are nerfed down to hard to kill, high elo will only play against nice nurse then not fun to play.

That's a lose to everybody.

If you survivors insist that, you need a decent nerf as well.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

Well, let me tell you about another video game where uninteded interactions lead to some of the best gameplay. Maybe you know this small indy company called Riot and their mostly unknown character Lee Sin. "Ward Jumping" was intended, but the Insect was not, yet they kept the Insect for it was a cool and flashy technique that required tons of coordination. Or maybe you know this other character called Yasuo and his technique "Keyblade"? Never inteded, yet up to now a very important part of his kit and another cool and flashy move.

Or maybe you know this other retro game called "Devil May Cry"? The main character, some guy called after an ancient drama, has the ability to keep opponents in the air by shooting them with his pistols. Totaly not intended, but the fans enjoyed it and thus they kept it in the game. Now it is one of the signature mechanics of the game.

The thing is, just because it is not intended is not a reason to remove it.

Flick-Billy is a dangerous beast and should stay just as Blight techs. They could just make them official and let people enjoy them if they want.

I hope I could show that your point is valid. Some of the best techs in gaming come from unintentional interactions. Going away from this when most of the community enjoys it would be pretty bad.

Blight techs and Flick-Billy as well as Oni should stay. However they should give consol players the ability to performe like this too by adding more options to tune your controls.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,045
    edited November 2021

Why are people talking about DPI flicks like they're still a thing?

Is everyone just mindlessly commenting on something that they know nothing about? Does anyone even KNOW what tech Blight currently has? lol

The stuff that Blight does on PC is the same that he does on console. The majority of his tech right now is collision tech, and both PC and console players use it the same. DPI has a very little effect, if any, on his current lunge. That was patched. Consoles have the same capabilities.

DPI Flicks are GONE

• DatFastBoi
    DatFastBoi Member Posts: 455

I still don’t have a clue why people can’t just accept that they’re gone. McLean patched everything that needed to be fixed and let other techs go, as they are fine the way they are.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

They do not give a direct advantage to the killer. The techs open up more fun mind games that are more difficult to achieve rather then "bounce until guaranteed hit"

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 796

that's a wonderful idea! wouldn't it be great that high mmr survivor is restricted to waiting 10+ minutes to only get matched against Nurse and only Nurse with zero variety?

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

I honestly think they should stay because I think those are a huge part of why his skill ceiling is so incredibly high. And I think there should be at least one killer like that.