So how’s everyone’s games as and against Spirit been?

GannTM
GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

I’m not gonna lie, I’ve played as her many times and played against her 3 times (only 2 of those Spirit’s actually used their power) and she is the most universally fun killer in the whole game right now imo. I still have the control in the chase and I don’t feel helpless as survivor either. The back and forth counterplay is the main thing that makes her so interactive right now.

BHVR, I know y’all deserve a lot of backlash for all the ######### you do but this is one of those times when I’ll give you massive props. How many people agree with me?

Comments

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

I've only played as Spirit once, and played against her once. Guess I'll have to become a Spirit main.

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 567
    edited November 2021

Never liked using her personally but she's just not my style of killer.

Playing against her I never really felt it was unfair any killer in the right hands can destroy a team.

Sure spirit might take less skill than some others but I never bought into the whole pick spirit auto win argument i've beat a lot of spirits including some very good ones.

Having said that I haven't played against a single Spirit in 5 weeks & 3 days (I'm a stats nerd)

Edit for clarity I played 2 / 6 hours virtually every day until 3 weeks ago now I play roughly 8 / 12 hours a week at present.

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551

Still as strong as ever due to how fast she is.

As usual people overreacted "mah mah spirit is dead"

• ManOMaker
    ManOMaker Member Posts: 284

I’ve made sure to play at least one game of killer as spirit every time I’ve loaded up the game (which hasn’t been much tbh). So far, nothing actually feels different from how she was before the nerf, the only thing different is that it doesn’t feel completely unfair if I demolish the survivors. I even went up against a sweaty swf with full BNP, flashy outfits and teabags, that was a blast of a game because they got what they deserved when I destroyed them.

As survivor I sadly haven’t actually played against a spirit once. :(

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,709

I've really been enjoying playing as her, I played a few games with her last night and had a lot of fun with her. Won two, lost two. I could definitely tell that the survivors knew where I was more frequently than they could correctly predict before, but I still felt in control of the chase and it was more rewarding to down people knowing that they had more information than they used to with old spirit.

As survivor I've only seen her twice since the update. One of those games was fun, the other one I didn't get chased much unfortunately.

• themoobs1984
    themoobs1984 Member Posts: 619

Been same as usual. The effects of her nerfs have been exaggerated and full of hyperbole.

• alex511
    alex511 Applicant Posts: 56

Don't see her anymore lately, i wonder.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,709

Yea I mean she's definitely weaker but she's still really good. The dust change would've been bad but they didn't go through with it thankfully. I think she's in a good spot now.

I think a really good blight is probably stronger than spirit now though simply because he didn't get nerfed at all. But that's fine.

• themoobs1984
    themoobs1984 Member Posts: 619

Blight is much harder to play with successfully than Spirit I believe. That's probably why.

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633

Shes easy to face, before i needed to guess what she was doing now i know when she use her power so i have a huge advantage in chase

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I've faced her a bunch. She finally has good counter play.

She's still a 100% hit at short loops and pretty good in the right hands at medium sized loops. I still feel like if you don't have Iron Will she can be extremely annoying but I always run Iron Will so it's fine.

• slendermansmoom
    slendermansmoom Member Posts: 544
    edited November 2021

my gameplay hasen't change

might be because i run devour,noed,undying,retrubution.

but yeah spirits nerf doesn't feel noticable

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

She feels much more fun to play as and go against.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

Pretty much gone from higher ranks, which is I guess what people wanted, not sure why....but I guess. Out of dozens of games you might see her once. AI killers incoming.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Honestly she's fine how she is right now but I don't like the add on that gives her killer instinct during phase because it literally takes all the skill away and it becomes pretty brainless

• GannTM

I’m glad people are enjoying her now. And yes, people exaggerate too much saying Spirit is dead now.

• GannTM

I mean literally every other killer shows survivors when they use their power where Spirit didn’t which is what made her unfair before.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I've played her 2-3 times recently...

One of those was a 4K

Another one was a 4E

And the last one was a 1K 3E

I still haven't gotten the grasp of her power but I'm learning

Also some of her addons make no sense

• Wampa1
    Wampa1 Member Posts: 175

Until recently I played spirit main.Since the update I find she or more likely me has lost her rhythm due to the changes,which although subtle have left her a little flat.She is still playable just less fun.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    edited November 2021

Certainly better than old spirit. I don't feel as helpless, but its certainly still difficult to fight a threat you cannot see. I don't roll my eyes when i see its a spirit anymore, so i'd say personally the changes were good. Her addons are kinda wack though, those probably need to be looked at.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

Played against spirit 10 times in the past week.

Fun, but powerful, I noted a lot of 3 or 2ks with not many 4ks.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Taking your suggestion, I took her out of retirement.

I agree, the rumors of her demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Although, no doubts , MDR and Cherry Blossom is broken.

Perhaps strongest combo she's ever had!

• Killer_NPC
    Killer_NPC Member Posts: 36

Played a couple of games against her and the audio cue helps out a lot , but she is still such a great killer i think the balance was just right but as people here said , lots of folk overreacted and stoped playing her

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Be careful not to make her popular. Survivors will just start to hate her again.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,111

This would be easier to answer if I had actually gone against a Spirit once since her nerf.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

I have yet to play against even one spirit player.

But playing her? She feels almost exactly the same, with the exception for safer loops. And as for her addons they are meh. A few are questionable like the one that blocks vault locations (does it block dropped pallets?).

MD ring is still broken btw

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

The chase music is insanely loud and needs to be toned down. Other than that she's ok.

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633

Exept spirit the only cue she have for hitting a survivor in her power is scratch mark and buggy sound.

Pre nerf i used to play against her with the same mentality as her so i could more or less guess what she was doing. Now i have all the info so the interaction with her are a lot easier and she still have all the downside honestly her running at 175% movement speed change nothing if im at a window or a safe pallet. If im in a deadzone or in a loop like the car loop in bandham i should get hit by her but in any other place were its a safe loop like a killer shack or jungle gym she will never get me with her power unless i ######### up. All that is because i know when she use her power.

The reason she still a top 3 killer is because the other killer are so bad they cant even compete with the mobility the top 3 provide

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

Same gameplay loop, but now with less gambling, like her chase music though, its refreshing to loop a spirit consistently too.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

In the highest of tiers, yeah, she's suffering a bit but just as you shouldnt purely balance things towards the lowest set of players, you also shouldnt balance things purely towards the highest set of players(you need to keep both in mind, as both sets of players need to face her). But amongst all other tiers, she is so much more fun to face, heck, some of her new addons make her a pallet shredder, which was one of the only things you could really use against a Spirit.