Selfish survivor

I love it when a survivor who has not played much all game, leaves one of the better player, that has saved them more then once to go through three hooks in once, and then just goes for hatch.

Shows the mentality of some players. I guess there is an " I " in "TEAM"

And then they moan it's killer sided.

Comments

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551

Sounds like a game over anyway if he went for the hatch. Would be understandable if the entire team left you.

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 998
    edited November 2021

Game's about survival, and they care about theirs - can't blame 'em.

Saving others is an option, not a necessity.

Also there might not be an "I" in team, but there certainly is an "M" and an "E."

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

That's Escape Based Matchmaking for you. If you die - your MMR goes down no matter what you did the whole game. If you escape - it goes up, no matter what you do. It's not the survivors that are selfish, it's EBMM that forces people to play like this.

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510

Only got worse with MMR, bhvr somewhat ruined the end game.

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 576

I had one on hawkins a couple of weeks back constantly went from locker to locker never touched a gen nor saved a sole.

I died right at the end opening the exit gate they popped out of a locker & ran around for the hatch they found it but the killer had already found it first.

Then to make it worse the killer backed off & let them have it!

They escaped with the lowest point total of the game.

& I'm pretty sure (but not certain) the hatch counts as void 0 point result for mmr on both sides so playing purely for the hatch won't bump up the rating for survivors or bring it down for killers.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

Their MMR went up, so they were the better players according to BHVR. It's your fault you died after all.

Also, I don't know where you take this rumor with hatch giving 0 MMR. It increases MMR, but does it lesser than escaping through gates, according to the devs.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

Actually, hatch is a draw.

You're right. We can't blae people to escape to avoid lowering their MMR. I... I'm too altruistic myself. I can't leave if the Killer isn't pushing me through the exit gates, so I go back to save, even if I'm the last Survivor remaining because everyone else left.

And I'm punished for playing for my team. I like the idea of a MMR system... but ranks felt better. And I didn't like the rank system.

• Voodoo101
    Voodoo101 Member Posts: 237

I don't blame them. The game after all is do gens and get out. I just feel sorry for the poor player who played hard and well, then hung for three hook cycles, while the person they went out of their way to save and got hooked for left them. They did not even try or go close.

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 576
  • Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,065

This. I still go altruistic at the end whenever the opportunity rises, but I get punished for it and that's what kicked off my downwards MMR snowball. Previously you could die at the end after a good, long game and still pip up - now it's the same as if you're tunneled out three minutes in.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

There is a ME in team!

• mrdead
    mrdead Member Posts: 51

Yep. Punished for being a team player. I gave up completely on MMR and just have to play with noobs for the rest of my life.