SWF IS NECESSARY

Options
Mileena_Kahn
Mileena_Kahn Member Posts: 600
edited November 2021 in General Discussions

With all the tunneling and camping that’s been going on you just simply can’t play solo. I’ve been SWFing and my team hardly ever dies. It’s the only thing you can do if you want to have enjoyable survivor matches.

Comments

• Mileena_Kahn
    Options

True I just wish they would buff solo que cause half the time it’s a pain.

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551
    Options

It's not lmao. Camping and tunneling is a choice. If some sort of miracle happened and SWF disappeared and the game's early game is fixed those two aren't going to disappear. It's simply built into the game. A killer can just wake up in the morning and decide that he's going to be a huge asshat that day nothing can stop him even the developers have stopped reports on this type of killer behavior.

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170
    Options

Nah. Most killers enjoy the chase. Standing a hook is boring. But the devs have pushed the game in a direction that almost demands camping and tunneling in early game just to have a chance at playing normally with lots of chases, downs, and hooks.

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551
    Options

Maybe but I'm not gonna pretend and say that Camping and Tunneling exist because of SWF. That's one the most dumbest statement I have ever heard.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

This cycle just keeps spinning

Mostly Genrush cause Killers to Camp and Tunnel

And Camping and Tunneling cause Genrush

Good survivors (loopers) cause Camping and Tunneling

The SBMM causes everything to happen... most likely why cause they haven't figured out how to deal with Survivors on a Per-Killer basis (and if they have then good for them but still)

SWF isn't necessary... solo's can work too (but it all comes down to who's running what perks which makes SWF's stronger then average)

• Impose
    Impose Member Posts: 400
    Options

Because this game was originally built and designed around there being no SWF in the game. So many people forget SWF did not exist. And the game is blatantly balanced around that (well attempted to at least)

• Exxodus21
    edited November 2021
    Options

I didn't say they exist because of SWF. They're so much more prevalant now because of SWF and the devs decisions to make MMR based only on kills and also not to balance around SWF.

Also: "most dumbest" rofl

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    edited November 2021
    Options

In a perfect world, there'd be seperate queues and

Solo would=Killer Ranked match

and SWF would>Killer Unranked Match. SWF would be its own random bullshit. Ah.....the dream....

Just Imagine 2 different killer queues, 2 different survivor queues.

Solo Survivor=Fully ranked and Vetted matches plus the game actually being balanced and patched around solo play making it finally fair for both sides.

SWF+Unpaired= Unranked matches where survivors could power creep as much as they wanted giving devs the liberty to ignore how unbalanced it is. Solo and SWF would be allowed in.

Killer Ranked Matches would only be vs Solo Survivors for all the glory and fame.

Killer Unranked Matches would only be vs SWF+Unpaired survivors and no ranks or MMR.

....The Dream....is probably dead if I'm being honest...sadly...

• UkilledLegion
    UkilledLegion Member Posts: 620
    Options

Ur stupid SWF with ######### discord killed game like a devs killed Legion after 1 st nerf,better if in public will play only solo players but if wanna play discord go to KYF

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,503
    edited November 2021
    Options

Nobody would play versus SWF willingly.

And Killers would need adjustments if they were only playing against Solo's

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

I'd be all about the adjustments to killers to accompany solo queue. Solo queue is what this game was always based around. And its honestly the most respectable survivor players in this game period. Thats why information perks work the way they do. Sure killers like Nurse would make that mode nightmarish....but...she's always needed adjustments. The rest of the killer roster is already primed for play against solo survivors hence why they're so weak and underpowered against SWF teams, because they just weren't made with that kind of power creep in mind. Since they don't perform, you end up with nurse dominating the highest ranks because the only reason most survivors get there is through SWF teaming. AKA BEING BOOSTED!

It would still be better than our current system where balance is basically ignored in favor of appeasing larger crowds of SWF players to generate money on skins. Because for whatever reason, they don't have enough faith in their own art to believe it would sell at the same time as fixing their busted SWF concept.

But like I said at the end....its a dead dream right up there with console optimization.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,503
    Options

Most Killers aren't built for Solo Q or SWF.

They are built for 2 Duo's.

Most Killers would need nerfs with your system.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,423
    edited November 2021
    Options

Really?

Because even in soloQ killers are still camping and tunneling. This is the most ridiculous statement I have read.

Killers aren't Camping and Tunneling because people are in SWF, they do it because they can and it is a playstyle accepted by the developers.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,072
    edited November 2021
    Options

I wouldn't say it's necessarily because of camping and tunneling though. High level play requires coordination and solo queue can't really do that without sacrificing a ton of power in the form of perk slots. You need SWF to consistently beat high level killer players if they're running meta. The top percentile of killer players still aren't losing games.

Post edited by edgarpoop on
  • Johnny_XMan
    edited November 2021
    Options

Contrary to popular belief, not every coordinated team is "swf". It is possible to coordinate in SoloQ as well, and sometimes even better because it forces you to be aware of your surroundings, unlike a player saying: "Killer is on me" because for a split second they saw the killer was on them when in fact the killer had already left them.

As an example, I just played against a Pyramid Head and there was an instance where, I started a gen while he was hooking a survivor nearby. To throw him off I left the gen and went in a certain direction. He went to look for me and around the gen, but I had already left. I was merely a distraction because I knew he had pop and other people were working on a gen that had more progression than mine. Whereas he thought I was told to leave the gen because there was nothing around to loop.

I went to watch the VOD (it was a streamer) and noticed that when he saw my scratch marks his first words were "they must be on comms", which I wasn't, none of us were. They were just very good survivors, and I could tell the moment one of them took a hit for me from the git go.

Moral of the story. Good coordinated survivors don't need comms to do what is necessary. They only need to become experienced and understand how the game works. Which is something that Solo Q survivors lack, even with aura perks.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,152
    Options

I don't really get why you people are having such bad time in solos. I've had some of my best games there.

Have to agree though camping and tunneling usually comes to play in SWFs since its hard to get that 1-2 kills with them otherwise, but again soloQ arent all full potatoes. I've had super hard time as a killer killing anyone when ive gotten solos against me as well.

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968
    Options

The worst part is when you are trying to be a good teammate and swoop in to take a random hit because someone was near you, only for the other 3 to be a SWF and the killer assumes you are a whole 4 man and YOU are the one that gets tunneled despite being the solo.

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718
    Options

You are mostly wrong. The only times I lose badly are a teammate gets early hooked and DC's, the map is Indoor, or the killer is super sweaty. 30% of games are out of your control in Solo Que IMHO. You WILL lose because of these 3 main issues there could also be a selfish survivor that hides too much and won't go for gens enough.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,807
    edited November 2021
    Options

"Hardly ever dying" shouldn't be the bar for a "enjoyable"experience. If things were perfectly balanced, 3-4 escapes would only occur about half the time (and 3+ kills would only happen for killer about half the time). If you go into a match knowing you are very likely to escape (or to 4K, if you're playing killer), that's just not fun, imo.

If you need to be part of a SWF to escape at all, well that doesn't speak well to your skill as a player, but that's almost never the case. No one is entitled to winning most of the time in this game.

• Mileena_Kahn
    Options

I can’t express enough how many times I’ve carried in solo que and have ran the killer more than the others and have done the most gens only to get die to worthless teammates. Being in a SWF or without a SWF doesn’t determine your skill level but being in a SWF gives you a higher chance of having teammates you can rely on

• Jerek
    Jerek Member Posts: 92
    Options

I swear to god that when I bring kindred my team purposely leaves me on the hook as long as possible anymore. And a lot of the time I get rescued literally 1 second to late and lose an entire hook state because of this. It makes solo queueing painful and agitating, when I play with a friend so many elements are easier to maintain.

Solo queue is just a huge gamble, because I have seen horrible teammates throw pallets, give free hits, and just sandbag the hell out of everyone because instead of playing as a team everyone only cares that they survive.

• SilentShepherd
    SilentShepherd Member Posts: 527
    edited November 2021
    Options

just played a game vs an SWF

My opinion :

SWF = custom games only.

SWF = custom games only.

SWF = custom games only.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    Options

I think it just means you get carried by your team as SWF...

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415
    Options

carried by swf ? no sry, the best experience you can have is SoloQ. It´s a challenge too, cause swf feels like a cheatmode. But that´s only my opinion about that.

• Killer_NPC
    Killer_NPC Member Posts: 36
    Options

If you are bad at survivor and can't loop/evade killer long enough - play swf

If you are bat at killer and cant get get 1,2k before endgame - facecamp tunnel noed

(not talking about strategical camping or tunneling when it is optimal play which most survivors think is a same thing but it's not)

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069
    Options

Swf is an excuse for being bad. Instead of getting better, survivors runs on coms and abuse it for information they shouldn't have.

If swf is necessary then camping and boring games is proper response to it.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,807
    Options

I've carried and been carried, that's how it goes. Having three horrible teammates is definitely not fun, but if I can get lesser teammates out, even at my own expense (which often leads to a lot of BP), can be a fun challenge. I think focusing too much on the escape as a condition for a fun and successful game is a problem for a lot of people, but I am not going to tell them how to feel.

Being in a SWF is definitely the most advantaged position you can be in as a DBD player, though.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,897
    Options

Killers will do this against anyone, not just survivors that are SWF. They'll tunnel, camp, and slug at 5 gens even if it's obvious they are going against bad/solo players. It's no wonder people play SWF... Solo is almost unplayable.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,897
    Options

I wish I had your solo games, lol! I have the complete opposite.

• themoobs1984
    themoobs1984 Member Posts: 619
    Options

Enjoyable for you. Not for the killer. 4 coordinated friends versus one guy. I don't understand how anyone can think that's anywhere near fair. This is coming from an unbiased perspective.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    edited November 2021
    Options

Post edited by ShinobuSK on
  • Exxodus21
    Options

I only play solo and I escape probably 60% - 70% of the time unless I'm screwing around with an archive.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,285
    Options

Of course it is, DBD is a multiplayer game released after the PS3/360 came out so it's gonna be there. It could be """worse""", the standard nowadays is to actively encourage and reward partying up with xp bonuses and player referral rewards~

Believing any other approach to "dealing with it" than increasing fairly assumed baseline survivor efficiency and balancing around that (this is the "buff solo and balance around that") even has a non-zero chance of ever happening is delusional.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285
    Options

I play solo all the time. Almost 75% win rate (3 escapes or more) since SBMM.

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Camping and tunnelling are primarily the result of survivors being stronger than killers. Only 3 of 25 killers can compete without having to resort to these strategies, at least not as often anyway.

SWF merely exacerbates the issue, resulting in more camping and tunnelling.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

You know whats really necessary? Killers. If they stop playing who is swf going to play against.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

SWF and SBMM are the reason why tunneling and camping are such common things happening at the moment. If you don't tunnel or camp, you're more likely to lose the game, but if you do, the game gets boring and stale within minutes

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

If you are bad at the game then yes, swf is necessary.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,990
    Options

It's true but not for the reasons you listed

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,072
    Options

When I say coordinate, I mean beyond a basic level that even most SWFs utilize. Not trying to move the goal posts, I just wasn't super clear. Solo queue players can certainly play smart, but they aren't going to be able to coordinate saves and resets in a coherent manner without perk slots.

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510
    Options

People camp and tunnel when there is obviously no indication of swf playing. Stop blaming everything on swf.

• Johnny_XMan
    Options

Dude, even with Kindred they don’t know what to do!

I don’t know how much more “coherent” you can get than that.