Am I the only one that doesn’t like the name The Cannibal for Leatherface?

Venom
Venom Member Posts: 32

I feel like it doesn’t really fit what the character is all about. Sure he’s a cannibal but I feel that name would’ve fit a character that centers around that as a power or appearance such as a Hannibal Lecter inspired killer or monster like The Hag. I would’ve much preferred if they’d gone with something like The Butcher since that represents his role in the Sawyer family. I’m sure someone’s got some better ideas but I really think “The Cannibal” isn’t very good one, it’s not like it’s going to change but it’s always bothered me.

Comments

• βLAKE
    βLAKE Member Posts: 544

Leatherface and his family eat human flesh. That makes him a cannibal. Plain and simple.

• Venom

@Venom said:
    Sure he’s a cannibal

It’s like you people don’t even read what I write.

• Fropps
    Fropps Member Posts: 66

I clicked on the thread to disagree, but I think you're right. His character doesn't really revolve around eating meat, but butchering people. He even has those meat hooks and a freezer! He's a goddamn professional.

• Venom

@Fropps said:
    I clicked on the thread to disagree, but I think you're right. His character doesn't really revolve around eating meat, but butchering people. He even has those meat hooks and a freezer! He's a goddamn professional.

Thanks. I have no problem with people who disagree btw as long as you tell me why rather than just downvoting.

• Punikki
    Punikki Member Posts: 1

I disagree, it's fine. Leatherface is a cannibal afterall. For now he is unique since there aren't other human cannibals in the game.The Butcher would fit just as well but it doesn't strike someone like The Cannibal does.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

@Punikki said:
    I disagree, it's fine. Leatherface is a cannibal afterall. For now he is unique since there aren't other human cannibals in the game.The Butcher would fit just as well but it doesn't strike someone like The Cannibal does.

I mean.. Lisa is sort of human. Her Mori is her eating someone too.

• Venom

@Punikki said:

Like you said there’s no other human cannibals for now but I’d be hella down for there to be one based around that in the future and this name is kind of wasted on a character who is a cannibal but the name doesn’t represent who he is extremely well.

• Spectrobyss
    Spectrobyss Member Posts: 31

@yeet fatty sounds awesome :)

• DarKnight_Doom
    DarKnight_Doom Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2018

@Venom said:
    I would’ve much preferred if they’d gone with something like The Butcher since that represents his role in the Sawyer family.

I agree with you. Inside the game's lore, "The Cannibal" is a strange nickname, no survivor saw him eating human flesh. "The Butcher" would fit much better.

• Valkari
    Valkari Member Posts: 33

I would have preferred "Mr Tum Tums".

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited May 2018

@DarKnight_Doom said:

@Venom said:
    I would’ve much preferred if they’d gone with something like The Butcher since that represents his role in the Sawyer family.

I agree with you. Inside the game's lore, "The Cannibal" is a strange nickname, no survivor saw him eating human flesh. "The Butcher" would fit much better.

If we're going with lore logic, 'Wraith' also doesn't fit.

Should have been 'Reaper' instead since he saw to his victims deaths, even if it was indirectly.

• mr_horde83
    mr_horde83 Member Posts: 17
    Even if it dosent completely revolve around cannibalism that doesn't take away from the fact that the cannibals a cannibal but the butcherwould also be fitting but I agree with the post that it doesnt strike like the name cannibal I hear butcher I think of a deli I hear the name cannibal on the other hand.....totally different image and emotion hits
  • mr_horde83
    mr_horde83 Member Posts: 17
    Lf main here to btw
  • Venom

@mr_horde83 said:
    Even if it dosent completely revolve around cannibalism that doesn't take away from the fact that the cannibals a cannibal but the butcherwould also be fitting but I agree with the post that it doesnt strike like the name cannibal I hear butcher I think of a deli I hear the name cannibal on the other hand.....totally different image and emotion hits

You could say the same thing for the Shape. When I think of the word shape I think of squares and triangles not a killer in a white mask. Don’t get me wrong I love that name and it’s a callback to the original but I’m just giving an example. When you think of a butcher sure that evokes the guy at the deli but when you think of a killer butcherour most likely think of a butcher that kills people like cattle to eat which is exactly Leatherface. But like I said someone probably has a better idea but I still think the name the Cannibal is wasted and doesn’t fit extremely well.

• DarKnight_Doom
    DarKnight_Doom Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2018

@Mc_Harty said:

@DarKnight_Doom said:

@Venom said:

If we're going with lore logic, 'Wraith' also doesn't fit.

Should have been 'Reaper' instead since he saw to his victims deaths, even if it was indirectly.

When I said "game's lore" it wasn't about the killers stories, maybe I used "game's lore" wrong, sorry. What I'm trying to say is: If you noticed, the killers names is all about survivors perception about them. So I think the best name (from a survivor perspective) for Leatherface is "The Butcher" and not "The Cannibal".

• Stnek
    Stnek Member Posts: 7

Leatherface & his family did eat people though. That's why he was butchering them in the movies.

• it fits him. myers in the first halloween movie was called the shape.

• Venom

@MrChills said:
    it fits him. myers in the first halloween movie was called the shape.

BOI! Is it normal for people in the forums just to read the first sentence because I literally ######### said it fits him and how it’s a callback to the first film? I literally want to facepalm so hard that it’d go through my skull. He also wasn’t called the Shape ever but he was credited as such in the end credits.

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405

I like the name cannibal personally. The butcher would have worked just as well though.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Agreed. I don't know why, but I don't like the name Cannibal either.

Maybe "The Slaughterer" would have been better? Idk

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Others being better nicknames/titles, maybe.
    But i'm not BOTHERED by Cannibal.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

**Leatherdaddy ** is the ONLY accurate name for Bubba. Prove me wrong.

• bambusratte_xD
    bambusratte_xD Member Posts: 39
    It's a licensed killer so his nickname is probably given to him by them. Ez
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    How about "The Camper".

Sounds much scarier imo