Boons can be nerfed when NOED is nerfed

to this day a broken and cheap perk than turns a 1k into an easy 3/4K with no downsides that simple

Comments

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Noed doesn't need a nerf and boons block it. If survivors don't leave after they see the icon appear, the fault is on them and not the perk.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

You have tools to stop NOED from even triggering.. use them.

• Vampwire
    Vampwire Member Posts: 709

NOED isn't even a good perk. You play with 3 perks for the whole game and if you win you never use it. At most it secures one kill in egc since any smart survivor will just leave when they see the killer has it. It's annoying but it's also really preventable. If you worry about NOED then do bones.

• shane32
    shane32 Member Posts: 383

Oh that bust be why I never get to use it! Every time I put it on its gone in like 5 seconds. Would be cool if I could put it back up like something else.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

Boons buffed NOED

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Noed doesn't need a nerf and boons don't even really need a nerf but if I was gonna change anything to make the game better for both sides it would be to make them limited to 2 times so you bless a totem, it gets destroyed, you only can do it one more time in the trial, that's stops killers from complaining about nonstop boons and it stops survivors from wasting the whole match blessing totems and getting their team killed because they aren't doing the objective.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

NOED is not a good perk mostly regarded as B-tier or C. Boon perks are much stronger they work all game.

• The_Medicine_Man
    The_Medicine_Man Member Posts: 65

Typical survivor main. 🤡

• Cynthesia
    Cynthesia Member Posts: 5

NOED is generally to counter hard gen rush. If you hard rush them, and didn't do any totems, then also lose a chase, maybe yes -- perhaps you deserve to perish. Not always the case, as it is a 4 person activity, and even the one who did the most can be the one who suffers from it due to incompetent teammates just the same as how any of the 4 can be carried.

Clearly, if players can re-enable and scrounge around for multiple Boon Totem lighting, they could have always cleansed totems, just chose not to recognize it as something worth doing before now.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

1 noed a match vs 46 boons a match

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

Maybe it isn't "op" but it's a great perk. I don't get why so many people think it's not good, it's top tier specially in today's meta.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

If it is an easy 4k then there is something really really wrong with you/ your team mates when 3 people can't open 1 door and leave or find the totem.

• Zozzy

Depends on your mmr rank. A decent team or swf will clear all totems before the last gen pops, or at least find the totem after a single hook.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

There is a big difference between NOED and Boons. One is uncounterable and op while the other one is NOED

• vacaman

This is not true at all, I have never in the entire 4k hours of this game seen my NOED not activate due to all totems being cleansed, and i've faced a lot of SWF, why the hell would they waste time cleansing dull totems? Sure, sometimes they cleanse it very fast once its active but most the time you at least get 1 down with it before they realize they have to cleanse it.

Getting 1k out of 1 perk is more than enough to justify the slot.

• LeonxJiwoon
    LeonxJiwoon Member Posts: 455
    edited November 2021

The last thing I can think of to fix this constant endless problem is maybe if like resident evil project resistance, voice chat should be enabled featured in DBD where you can actually communicate with randoms to ask to help cleanse totem, again the major issue of the perk is not with SWF it with RANDOMS. 🙄 You maybe the only one doing the totems and unlucky to find just that one last totems so this excuse again about team mates fault while true is still bias as heck unless they add a voice chat feature noed in solo queue will forever be an issue.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

Please nerf both!!!!

• Nickeleye
    Nickeleye Member Posts: 278

I have really enjoyed slapping NOED on builds lately. It's not even close to being as strong as boons. Sure it's useless most of the time. But that 3 out 10 times when your chasing that salty tea bagger and the last Gen pops. It's so worth it when your putting him on the hook. If you don't camp and play for hooks throughout the game. They never see it coming.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Depends. If it is solo, at most it can feel pretty cheap. If it works against a SWF, it is the SWF's fault for not cleansing all the totems.

• Zozzy
    edited November 2021

God you must be low then because even as a solo survivor i have been on teams that cleanse all the totems. This has only happened during a new tome release and people are doing the cleanse totem challenges, but it has happened and we did escape because the totem timer is shared between 4 people.

If everyone cleanses a totem on sight then there was only really 14 seconds of downtime to cleanse 4 totems.

• vacaman

I guess I'm the terrible one at the game and not the ones wasting time cleansing totems instead of just spotting them. Keep cleansing them buddy, you are helping my killer games lol. Are you going to pretend that in your TOP MMR league everyone's cleansing totems? I feel like i live in an alternative reality in these forums sometimes.

• NOED is the noob identifier.

It's not a strong perk, it's not even a good perk.

It's a litmus test. If someone complains about it, that is proof that they are a low skill survivor. No one of average or above average skill should have trouble with it.

• jarjargist21
    jarjargist21 Member Posts: 444
    edited November 2021

Huh you cry about noed? Even though you can easily do the bones and use boon to stop the hex also it's the killers 2nd chance perk.

Like survivors have DH, DS, unbreakable, and soul guard.

Boons are a bit strong. They can be relit multiple times.

I even bet you don't even play killer in higher ranks.

Yes noed is fair for killers. Specially if the games has become a literal sweat feast. Once noed is gone it's gone, it doesn't get relit

You have serval perks that even help you to find totems. So the BS you cry about has no point.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

X being OP is not and never will be a justification for Y being OP, unless Y directly counters X.

NOED probably needs a look, but it's far from as effective as you make it out to be. Learn to figure out which perks the killer is running, and anticipate it.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742
  • Nothing about NOED is cheap... you do totems or you don't do totems. It feels cheap because people feel they should be rewarded for doing the bare minimum, which is repairing generators. Then they belive they should be able to leave without any problem.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

And what if one solo player goes off and tries to cleanse all totems when the killer doesn't even have it? They will just waste time, in solo queue there is no time for cleansing totems since you have to assume you are always playing with noobs. So yeah, a perk that can screw over people just because they have no means of communication can feel pretty cheap at times.

• It's literally free BP... and you're checking for other hexes at the same time.

• Not necessarily, but oftentimes yes.

If it's part of a specific build, or compensating for a lack of lethality for certain killers, or playing around the endgame with particular strategies in mind, it's fine.

If it's just, there, in their build because the killer doesn't know how to pressure gens, then you can probably correctly assume they're new to the game and rely on it as a crutch/just don't have anything better.

If it's there alongside a bunch of other strong teachables and the killer definitely seems like they know what they're doing, then they're prolly just trying to cover their bases or play in a brutal, unforgiving or merciless manner.

Survivors can gut this perk before it ever comes into play. If you're as annoyed by it as the op, adjust your build to let you do 4/5 dull totems each match, and just check the last one once all the gens are done. You can get it done with Small Game or Detective's Hunch pretty easily. That's what I'll do vs killers without an insta-down if I'm not going for meme builds.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Just ran a pig for 4 gens then all 4 of us got dropped by noed in the basement. Most undeserving 4k ever, such a dreadful perk. I cleansed a couple of totems so that was a waste of time after all. Boons are bad but noed is the devil.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

NOED isn't remotely as good as either boon?

• Casm
    Casm Member Posts: 61

If you're playing against NOED killers and NOED is getting the killer 2+ extra kills, it just means you're playing at the lowest MMR with the worst players in the game. Once you get a little bit better, you'll come to realize that NOED is actually pretty weak (basically 1 kill if you're lucky), easily counterable, (break 5 totems or break the hex once it's lit) and overall just bad, only useful vs the worst of survivors.

Good killers don't run the perk because it's just terrible and unreliable and isn't useful against even half decent survivors. Once you raise your MMR to a mediocre level, you'll come to the same conclusion. You'll quickly notice that there are very few killers that actually run the perk because they'd rather win games rather than run a clutch perk that's completely unreliable against everyone but the absolute worst survivors.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    edited November 2021

normally noed gives 1k because the rest would leave unless there are few survivors remaining in that case could be opressive, its true, but normally noed killers are terrible at the game so normally that doesnt happen, what normally happens is the killer getting stomped all game and finally survivors messing up HARD in order to what you described happens. then we have the survivors that just can not give the killer 1k and need to go for the save no matter what and thats when the killer gets more than what he should of.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

We are talking about a game right here that is extremely killer biased, the devs are killer favored and biased for killer mains as you can see how the killer meta is super overpowered and still getting stronger with broken perks released every update and never nerfed. Cenobite with broken addons and perks that is super oppressive and not nerfed but Boons was already nerfed before going live. They'll never nerf NOED. It rewards very bad killers which is how the game is designed.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

not like DS, Dead hard and others didnt gave bad survivors extra chances, oh its sluzzy, should of known.