Thanks MMR

Options
SwampViking
SwampViking Member Posts: 34
edited November 2021 in General Discussions

I get to alternate every game between 0k and 4k. Every single game. Now every game tonight except one I get 1-2 hooks before they get it down to 1gen. Thanks. I really enjoy playing this ######### game now.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

The biggest downfall about SBMM is that if there aren't enough high-ranking players currently online within your region, then you'll be facing off against people you have no business playing with or against. Believe me I feel your pain. I'm a very casual player myself, and I rarely touch killer as it is, and when the new ranking system went into effect I played one match with Doctor and one match with Pyramid Head, and I only managed one hook with Doctor and one kill with Pyramid Head. It was miserable. The other night I played three back-to-back matches with Nemesis and I only managed one kill in each match.

Technically speaking I should have the lowest of the low when it comes to SBMM for killer, and yet I just get walked all over. It hasn't been fun at all, and I feel everyone's pain with the new MMR. The amount of people playing killer is dwindling, and unless BHVR does something soon, the queue times for survivor is going to get ridiculously long.

• SwampViking
    Options

I have been trying to do a kill 12 survivors challenge for 5 games. not a single kill. It's stupid

• SwampViking
    Options

Guess I'll just do what I see other killers doing, throwing multiple games in a row so they can actually play the game. Not deal with the BS.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    Options

MM is broken or non existent. In soloq i get a lot of eyesores that can't loop the killer a single time and to top it off ialmost every killer tunnel and camp from hook 1. So its ######### up for both sides.. The only ones that rejoice are SWF in this game.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    edited November 2021
    Options

SWF is what leads to a lot of enjoyment with this game. Unfortunately dead by daylight was not designed with voice chat in mind, and of course BHVR won't remove it because it's too popular of a feature. But the downside is that the killer has no perk that can adequately counter survivors benefiting from being fed so much information. And unless you're devoting hours each day into mastering the mechanics of the game, you'll just be walked all over, which has definitely led to many players like myself playing less and less.

• BadLooperQ
    BadLooperQ Member Posts: 277
    Options

I see a lot of killer complaints and I feel so embarassed of myself cause I used to be a rank 4/5 survivor in the old ranks and now I feel like I'm playing on the old Yellow/Brown ranks lol. I'm in elo hell now and I think I'll never be able to get out from it from the looks of my games where I barely escape 2/10 times now. Heck, I didn't even escaped 5/10 on the old matchmaking. Playing Solo is a headache ;( . I was super excited to see the implementation of MMR but my only fear was exactly what it ended up to be: skill=escapes.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

SBMM had a few days at the start of the Halloween patch where I think it was disabled, and tonight felt the same for a few hours.

That said, it's a million times better than it was before, especially as a less skilled player. It's very difficult to enjoy the game when you have absolutely no chance at getting kills, because your dozens hours aren't close to the 6000 combined hours of your opponents.

Try the game again tomorrow. Something was really squiffy tonight.

It was worse before. Much worse. Remember, BHVR completely disabled all killer matchmaking protections for half a year, so you'd get games where you were up against multiple red/purple survivors in an SWF constantly.

Now, I'd say that as a comfortably intermediate player, I mostly find myself up against other intermediate players and usually get my 2 kills, sometimes 3. There is the odd head-scratcher where I get thrown up against very new players (they probably had a long wait) or crazy SWFs (they likely smurfed their MMR down). Hopefully the system continues to be refined.

A lot of killers are in a bad mood right now, due to boon totems and the recent overnerf of a very popular, but not especially strong pair of killers. There also seem to be a lot of ultra BM SWF squads running around at present.

That said:

• Tunneling is the right way to play this game. If you don't have a survivor dead by the time 3 gens are done, you've probably lost. You aren't going to eliminate tunneling, as - while it's probably frustrating to go against - that's the nature of the game.
    • If a killer is facecamping from hook 1, that's a bad killer. He'll lose all his BP, and probably lose the game. I play survivor on occasion, and I've only ever seen 1 instance of actual facecamping outside of the 'I've literally killed nobody this game and the gates are open' scenario. And that was a particularly annoying survivor with a clicky macro.
    • That said, BHVR recently said they have a new anti-facecamping system in the works, which is probably going to turn hooks into an annoying safe-zone and break the game again. Savvy survivors will already lead you on chases around hooks, because they know you have to choose between leaving the chase or taking a BP penalty, which is pretty damn unfair.
    • Proxy camping (i.e. patrolling back to the person on hook while patrolling gens) is entirely acceptable, as BHVR recently confirmed.