Let's Hear Your Funny Dead By Daylight Stories From This Halloween Event!

Options
StarLost
StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
edited November 2021 in General Discussions

Just had a hilarious match.

So, after getting matched against three extremely good full SWFs in a row, I queue up and see a full SWF of barcodes, two with legacy skins.

I go 'nope, hackers' and dodge the lobby.

I queue up again and get another full SWF.

Fine then. I grab my nastiest addons and perks.

I've got everyone on their second hook before they get their second gen done. Obviously just a bunch of chums, probably new, that queued up together. Why they got matched against me I have no idea.

Felt kind of bad, so let them farm.

I guess I overreacted a little :).

How about you? Any decent stories from the last month?

Comments

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Options

I played a wraith match with devour recently, I hadn't played wraith in about a month, and I lost two gens in two minutes. I got a hook or two.

and then I turned it around.

probably a swf.

I had people DC'ing by the end.

• Magicmaster0702
    Magicmaster0702 Member Posts: 217
    Options

There have been multiple times where mid chase I smash a pumpkin and hear a whoosh. I then immediately get the [BAD WORD] out of there and hope to god I actually escaped. Alternatively it's also hilarious smashing a pumpkin mid chase as killer and jump scaring a survivor cause you're moving so fast.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    edited November 2021
    Options

Had 2 fengs just today.

One was named trick, and one was named treat.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,598
    Options

I missed my DS because someone kicked a pumpkin and the game froze.

• MikeyIsHere
    MikeyIsHere Member Posts: 44
    Options

I played a few matches and remembered why I quit playing in the first place

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 938
    edited November 2021
    Options

I suppose the funniest thing I have to share would be my time trying to fit "For the People" in my build since CoH's release.

It's both satisfying for me, and depressing for killers, when I insta heal someone from a downed state (especially at end game) and cause everyone's escape.

In particular, there was one game where someone got saved off a hook with borrowed and got body blocked between me and the killer, who was waiting out borrowed. I insta healed them, and they turned into my body blocker as I ran to the exit in the opposite direction.

The same scenario happened again later, but instead the survivor didn't know I was trying to insta heal them and kept moving so I couldn't get it off. I think they thought I was griefing them by locking them in a position and they were panicking lol

Fortunately the game went so smoothly, and the survivor who died laughed it off after.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    edited November 2021
    Options

Was playing Clown on Badham earlier tonight and couldn't find this Jeff the whole match. I heard a locker close and looked around for lockers. The first locker I see I just stand in front of, contemplating whether I should waste my time and check it. Then Jeff jumps out of the locker and I end up hitting him as he ran away.

I chased him all the way down the street and used my Afterpiece Antidote to catch up to him. At that point he panicked as he saw me speed walking towards him and ran into a house where he got cornered by a window, ran around in circle and I ended up downing him as he vaulted the window.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    edited November 2021
    Options

Oh man, that reminds me.

Earlier today I had the most satisfying, schadenfreude-tastic game I've had in months.

Full premade, obviously smurfed their MMR down and were just out to be bastards. Clicky clicky teabag teabag with jacked up flashlights and a toolbox, with a Haddonfield offering and 'further hook' offerings.

Fortunately, I recognized one of them from a game yesterday, mostly because of how BM they were in postgame.

I picked my favorite Pinhead setup (Iri Box+Pillar addon, Plaything+Retribution+Lethal Pursuer+Discordance, or as I like to call it - the 'I can see you, enjoy the chains' build).

The game started rough, was getting looped to pieces. Clearly very experienced players.

Then the first hunt started, and lasted ages. With the help of my chains, I managed to snowball, and once the Plaything+Retribution combo was working, they had no chance. I tunneled down the BM one, two DCed a few minutes later and I gave the last one (the only one who wasn't being a butthole) the hatch.

They then called me a hacker in postgame, because they couldn't see the box XD.

Post edited by StarLost on
  • Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 938
    edited November 2021
    Options

Oh, actually have another one from just now.

I was playing Play With Your Food Ghostface, and my obsession kept running at me all game trying to make me hit them. I refused to hit them because I didn't want to deter them away from me, and instead just ran away to end the chase repeatedly.

Post-game chat revealed they had Mettle of Man, and were desperately hunting me down trying to get value from it.

Meanwhile I was running away from them to get value out of Play With Your Food.

So we both had perks no one really uses, and tried so hard to get value from both of them that we basically swapped roles, with the survivor hunting me down while I kept running away from them without each other knowing why.

Was hilarious in hindsight.