If Dead Hard was banned and you had to choose a new perk instead...

Which and why?

Personally, I never use DH so I would like to know what perks people who do would replace instead.

Comments

• Microchipd
    Microchipd Member Posts: 108

I would use lithe as i have more control over sprint burst when i use it

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

Lithe

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

Sprint Burst. I have it 99'd most times and its far more punishing than DH is.

• Mileena_Kahn
    Mileena_Kahn Member Posts: 600

Sprint burst so I can 99 it and get to a new loop

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

I dont use the perk as I find it more fun to use non-exhaustion perks.

However I'm fairly sure those who do use it would switch to SB.

• Rancid_Discharge
    Rancid_Discharge Applicant Posts: 193

I would switch to balanced landing no hesitation. It's so much fun and makes the most unsafe areas into literal God loops.

• lugZas_exe
    lugZas_exe Member Posts: 57

probably Sprint Burst because it has kinda the same effect, but SB gives you more distance. The Downside is just that you need to manage your exhaustion properly.

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886

Lithe, I already use it quite often anyway.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

I already don't run Exhaustion Perks. I'd be happy to see Dead Hard removed from the game.

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

I don’t use dead hard much, I’m usually running stuff like built to last, fast track, detectives hunch, streetwise, etc.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

Probably Lithe, Shadowstep, or Flashbang.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758
    edited November 2021

Either Sprint Burst or Balanced Landing.

99 SB is fun and tactical.

Many killers swing lunge attacks whenever I drop down hill and proc BL.

I think all Exhaustion perks are crutch but I like these 2 because they are also fun.

• awustzdn
    awustzdn Member Posts: 317

Sprint Burst. It's not even a contest. It's good enough as it is that people already run it over DH sometimes.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I'd have no difference in my build. I have the slightest bit of self-respect so I don't use Dead Hard anyway.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited November 2021

I stopped using Dead Hard because I hate that perk as killer (I'm killer main) and I felt hypocrite using it considering how much I hate that perk.

I use Lithe instead. Lithe is the second best exhaustion perk after Dead Hard imo.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662
    edited November 2021

Maybe Resilience, at least some of the time? Then my main build would be Resilience, BT, Spine Chill and Ironwill. Resilience helps vault things like windows faster so it'd help in close chases and when combined with Spinechill you vault 15% faster. It'd be like a budget DH. It also helps genrush and opening gates faster - all combined with Spinechill is very nice.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

No mither

• xRam40I9
    xRam40I9 Applicant Posts: 55

None, I'd riot and cry that bhvr hates survs until they give my get out of jail free crutch back.

On a serious note, probably SB

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

Lithe

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

Never used it

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    edited November 2021

I'd just ditch exhaustion honestly, DH is the only exhaust perk I care about tbh.

I typically run Boons, IW DH

Object, resilience SC DH

Bond, Open Handed WoO DH

so yeah. I'd probably just start running BT for once in my life.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I don’t use exhaustion perks period

• Sweet_Tour
    Sweet_Tour Member Posts: 558

I wouldn't have to change anything. I stopped using Dead Hard a long time ago. The last time I used it was when coldwind and Bubba were still Thier old versions and then I dominated him in shack when I should have went down.

I dead harded through him for the window. And i just basically proved my point that it was a stupid perk. So i never use dead hard because I don't want the cycle to continue.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Lithe or Sprint Burst. If I had to pick one, it would be Lithe.

• TheDuhJ
    TheDuhJ Member Posts: 475

I'd sub it for an information perk, maybe counterforce or alert.

• LeonxJiwoon
    LeonxJiwoon Member Posts: 455

Smash hit because stunning the killer then they waste time to break the pallets am miles away and can move on to something else.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited November 2021

I stopped using DH just because I got so pissed when I pressed it, I got exhausted yet I still got hit. I prefer SB over lithe. Yes lithe gives you more control but I find if I fast vault something I am forced to run to another jungle gym. Where as without the boost of speed I probably could have looped that same jungle gym 2 more times. Plus SB allows me to work on a gen and get away before that first hit.

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 938

Hard Dead

• BadLooperQ
    BadLooperQ Member Posts: 277

Considering I always get a hit with lithe anyways because of ping/middle vaults, I prefer balanced landing, even though is super situational.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

I run Lithe instead already anyway because:

1: it's saved my ass so many times already in endgame

2: I can use it to prevent a chase or escape a chase instead of just extending it.

3: despite being somewhat map dependant, like the crap map that is getting removed or Rotten Fields, it has the most use ability after sprint burst without the down side of having to walk everywhere.