The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Question for killer mains

LylakLavender
LylakLavender Member Posts: 339
edited November 2021 in General Discussions

So I was in a match and 3 of my teammates DC when we were going up against Nemesis. I was trying to do a gen and the killer found me and killed me. Now I ask was it fair that I was punished for my 3 mates quitting? I didn't expect to live but I was hoping to get some points. Is this a good thing or a bad thing as I feel I was at a disadvantage right away. I assume they were survive with friends since they all DC at same time.

Comments

• LylakLavender

And I was using a cake ☹

• LylakLavender

Understandable. I feel like I wasted a cake though. It was an anniversary one. Was trying to share the love lol

• lavars
    lavars Member Posts: 312

yeah, that sucks, but that is something they should do when the team dc (depending if they are hooked or not) and either forfeit the game (could be abused though) or just give back the offerings. but it be like that

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Yea.... I wasted a cake on Trickster due to the entire team leaving as the matched started

Also had 2 players DC when I was playing Huntress... so I let them do the gens I got my hooks in... It took awhile cause no comms

But to the point... that Killer probably just wanted the match over with (sorry about the cake though)

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

Unfortunately your always at the mercy of your teammates best to learn and move on thye have to wait at least

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,352

Those matches suck but I don't really want to stick around doing nothing just so you can get some extra points.

Better to just end the match and move onto the next one.

• jinxykinz
    jinxykinz Member Posts: 107

Is it fair? No, not really…but most of DbD isn’t exactly fair. If I encounter a situation like you described, I usually just down them and get the game over with. Sometime I’ll give hatch if I’m in a generous mood,

• lordfart
    lordfart Member Posts: 538
    edited November 2021

As Twins I used to get a lot of DC's as soon as they would hear me switch to Victor at the start. One match 3 of them DC'd as soon as they heard it, I ended up messaging the remaining survivor that I found hatch and to come and get out because the match was pointless and unfair at that stage. I didn't wanna farm I just wanted to queue up again so I could actually play the game. Sucked because I'm not a scummy Twins and survivors learn that pretty fast when they don't DC as soon as they hear Victor, but yeah I cbf'd farming coz the game was just ruined. Sorry that happened to you

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

To answer the question:

No, it's obviously not fair to give you a bad match because of selfish teammates.

However as a killer who's played since 2017 I typically don't care about what's fair or not. I just want to play a normal match so I will probably kill the survivor and move on unless they do something funny like looking up (some survivors look so goofy when they look up) or if I need bloodpoints as well (which isn't the case right now. I'm sitting on 2.1 million bloodpoints for the next chapter).

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

So the killer was just suppose to sit there and watch you do a gen for 80 seconds so you could get enough bloodpoints for 2-4 nodes?

I would have just killed you and moved on to. Maybe look for the hatch to give you if it isn't to hidden.

In that scenario you don't blame the killer for killing you but your teammates for leaving you.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,199
    edited November 2021

Killer isn't obligated to do anything in the survivors interest.

That said, if there were 1 or even 2 DCs I'd go easy and farm some points with you.

But 3 DCs? Never had that before, and frankly it sounds like the game is a write off at that point. You're not winning, it'll take you forever to repair all the gens. Might as well end the game as quick as possible by hooking you right away. It'll save you a DC penalty. Unless you can get to the hatch first which is just as good.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

It's your teammates fault, not the killers. Placing blame on the killer rather than the survivors who put you in the situation will always be such a weird phenomenon in this game.

I'd probably let you have the hatch in such a situation, but I'm certainly not going to let you farm gens and such for minutes. My time is valuable to me, you know?

• cantelope
    cantelope Applicant Posts: 343

Yeah... farming is boring as it is. Farming with one survivor is miserable and boring.

I'd let you have hatch but I'm not waiting around. As soon as I'm bored I'm going to hunt for you. If I see you doing a gen I'll hook you.

Just leave.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,883

I think jacking up the abandoned/quitter bonus would take some of the sting out of this sort of thing. As a killer, I feel bad for a survivor who gets abandoned early on, but I also want my points, and I want to play the game.

That said, is chasing down a solo survivor from the beginning of a trial any more fun than farming? I don't think so. It's just a sucky scenario all around. If it weren't for not being able to differentiate between DCs and crashes, I would suggest far more punitive measures for those who disconnect (like a longer timeout and giving up a percentage of your BP/shards to your teammates.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,082

You have hatch. The option for a free escape, and its points, is there.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited November 2021

I would've downed you and carried you to the hatch. Sorry I don't want to waste time while you farm, thank me for being merciful at least.

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989

Sucks for you, but I'm sorry to say it is not the killers responsibility to help you farm (or even assume its what you want). The game has been killed by the DC so he/she probably just wanted to end it quickly and move on.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

This is why the DC penalty needs to be stronger.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,308

Sadly it's impossible to know what random teammates do, the only real way to make absolutely sure that sorta thing doesn't happen is probably to never play outside of a 4man swf where none of you are ragequitters again because you never know when someone decides to quit for whatever reason.

In situations like that I honestly don't care how the match ends, I just want it to end as it's a complete waste of time to remain in it at that point. Either getting killed or getting hatch is preferable as both are quite fast, honestly don't care which happens.

• The_Medicine_Man
    The_Medicine_Man Member Posts: 65

Like others said, just kill and move on. The game is done anyway, no reason to waste time.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

There should be an option to cancel a match if someone DCs on the first two minutes. This would refund everyone their items, addons and offerings.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Yupp. The cap is usually 1 million but it doesn't apply to specific bonus points such as the new grade reset points, the bloodpoints we got in exchange for our Hawkins offerings and bloodpoint codes.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

He should have been cool and let you drop pallets until you find the hatch honestly.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

There was another post recently that one of the ideas was to have a way that a killer could simply immediately end a match with the game treating all the remaining survivors as escaping. It would help deal with things like matches where survivors have ragequit and the killer doesn’t feel like continuing an unfair match, or where survivors are hacking to try and force a disconnect, or where the match is effectively over because the endgame collapse is already in motion and the remaining survivors are just waiting around in the gates, etc. Basically an option where the killer is allowed to concede escapes to the remaining survivors could maybe be a good feature to address multiple situations. (That being said, I’m saying this more off the cuff, so it’s possible depending on the implementation there could be an exploit in such a system I’m overlooking involving killers farming with survivors or something, so I guess take it with that caveat.)

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

I mean, we could sit there and play tiddly winks farming points with you and basically be bored out of our minds (which if no one is aware, farming points for killer without lots of people to interact with takes a long time.)

Or we can just kill you and get the match over with so you can move on to a more fair match quickly?

I don't think its anything personal, but more like "Alright this match is over with, lets just get this done cause I don't have all day to mess around".

• LylakLavender

I didn't say it was the killers fault. I know it was the other survivors fault. I just wanted to get some points even just to finish my generator which was at 1/2 way then he could have killed me. Please don't put words in my mouth. Maybe I worded my OP wrong.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

This. It's not the killer's fault your teammates DCed.

• LylakLavender

Again. I never said in my OP it was the killers fault. I know for a fact it was my team's fault. I simply asked is it good or not. Maybe I worded it wrong. I understand and know killers do not like to farm as it is boring and time consuming to them. I don't blame them. With that said I just felt like my cake which was rare a 4th anniversary was wasted. I am done with this post now. Thank you to all those who read what I said.

• planet
    planet Member Posts: 27

Sorry you copped that. As a survivor the only thing i learned was how not to be a killer. Im now a killer main, its more fun. I get the point of the game but when i see a survivor struggle i cut them a break. And i make sure they know it. Dont let bad ones ruin it for you. Survivors just want to play and have a good scare and a challenge. For me its more important to entertain them than get points