I need some trickster build ideas

Options
Nathan13
Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639

I'm starting to play trickster a little more, don't have a lot of perks on him but I plan on getting him leveled up.

Comments

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

I've been running Brutal Strength, Jolt (formerly Surge), BBQ, and swapping the 4th slot out for other perks to try to find a little more synergy or benefit.

I've found that Brutal helps a lot at god pallets and to get them to leave high walled pallet loops faster to get them more in the open.

Jolt is an okay slowdown since his speed makes Pop inefficient, Corrupt only lasts 2 minutes, Ruin is usually gone in a minute and his speed makes it harder to get value from it, and I don't have Deadlock on him yet (which is gonna be my new slowdown or played on top of Jolt)

BBQ for the BP and to know where to go after the hook on bigger maps.

For the last slot I find myself using Lightborne a lot lately cause flashlights physically hurt my eyes irl but sometimes I put on STBFL, Agitation, Bitter Murmur, or I'm All Ears. Once I get around to unlocking it I'm probably gonna use Deadlock as my every match perk and relegate Jolt to the adjustable slot for Lightborne or Agitation.

• LeonxJiwoon
    LeonxJiwoon Member Posts: 455
    Options

Oh yes please post your ideas I wanna learn him too, play . The all kill chars are so well made by bvhr😘

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

For how I play I've found a few builds that are fairly "universal" for my style. My M1 build is Brutal, Pop, BBQ, and STBFL with minor adjustments based on killer power or flashlights in lobby.

For almost all killers I run BBQ and Brutal cause I'm a slave to the BP grind and pallets suck (and it makes Pop a bit faster on the ones I run it on). For ranged killers Jolt is a pretty good slowdown but I feel Deadlock might be more useful in the long run, haven't really tried it out much yet on ranged killers though.

I do have a couple builds for specific killers though like Doc and Hag:

Doc: BBQ, Whispers, Iron Maiden, and Pop

Hag: BBQ, Franklin's, Third Seal, and Undying

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

What perks are you running as of right now?

And what do you have?

How do you play him?

• Nathan13
    Options

I’ve been running brutal, Iron Maiden and a few others that I can’t remember, I don’t have many on him.

How I play isn’t really important because i’m only asking for perk suggestions.

• Equus
    Equus Member Posts: 322
    Options

My favorite build right now has something for early, mid and late game; I like lethal pursuer on him to get a quick first down (early game is a weakness since he's a slower killer). I recently started Hex blood favor which tends to give enough value before it's gone. It is extremely strong since the buff. Tinkerer to get nice and close to down them with knives or get a grab, loads of survivors do not care for the lullaby warning. And to top it off I love No way out; it has given me plenty of late game kills. I especially enjoy waiting somewhere in between gates till it procs. Also love it if the last one waits to long with touching the gate after I close hatch and they simply run out of time.

You can pair lethal pursuer with BBQ for a snowball and Bamboozle with hex blood favor to deny any loops. I've had succes with these in a build.

Iron maiden gives quick reloading speed; pair that with the melodious murder add on and it's insane reload speed. I usually go for the add on alone to save the perk slot.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

Iron Maiden works really well with Trickster

Really... I think it is important

Corrupt, Whispers, Iron Maiden and probably Sloppy

• LeonxJiwoon
    Options

what everyone think on this one

Thana

Ruin

Pop

Corrupt or Tinker for a gen slow down build or

expose all time build = iron maiden, star struck, make your choice , infect fright or death bound i think its call? that alerts when a healthy survivor healed a injure one and they become exposed

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

100% Iron Maiden, it's a great perk on him and combo's very well with BBQ as unless survivors have calm spirit, which who outside of me runs that perk, they can't hide from BBQ if they're not inside it's range.

• Nathan13
    Options
  • glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,976
    edited October 2021
    Options

BBQ for bloodpoints, Iron Maiden to cover up the fact that he practically reloads after every chase, Lethal Pursuer to cover up his horrible early game and get a fast down at the start of the match, and Bamboozle to help him in shack. That's probably my favorite build on him and I almost always get 2ks-4ks with this build. No add-ons needed either.

If you don't want to use Iron Maiden you can use the Melodious Murder add-on for faster reload speed.

• LeonxJiwoon
    Options

Oh that is true bbq + iron maiden sound hella powerful for now the survivor that hides and get exposed decide probably now to dont even go to them and has to be more closer to hook to counter bbq, oof this is scary no doubt. It depends though for if its a big map and the person is way on the other side like yakos am sure even if killer hears the scream that person may leave by time killer tries finding. But on small or balance map it is a very deadly combo indeed.

• Powder_Kegs
    Powder_Kegs Member Posts: 66
    Options

Monitor & Abuse, Iron Maiden, Hex: Devour Hope, Hex: Haunted Grounds

• Nathan13
    Options

I only run iron maiden for the fast reload, but I never get lucky to catch the screaming survivor cause i’m always too far.

• LeonxJiwoon
    Options

Yeah for sure, I do not even like BBQ and dont run it on tricky daddy personally, found other perks that is way more useful just thought what the other person said was a lil interest spark.

• glitchboi
    Options

Up to you if you want to run BBQ or not. Most people use BBQ as a staple to their killer builds for bloodpoints so I put it there.

If you don't want to run BBQ then that's fine.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Trickster can use quite a few perks but also has some traps.

Most of the standerd slowdown works well on him being pop and ruin (yes ruin, don't believe the myth that he can't utilize it cause of his speed. There is little to no difference between 110 and 115 killers in terms of map traversel, he doesn't use it worse then any other killer without a mobility power.)

No way out also is pretty good

Information perks work really well with him. He is extremly lethal if he catches a survivor offguard so you want to enable that.

Infectious Fright even with the smaller terror radius can bring devestating snowball. Downing a survivor at a low loop and then hear a survivor scream close to it allow you to do serious damage.

I'm all ears is nice on him as it allows easier predicting of blades

Chase perks are also pretty good as he does suffer at some high wall loops.

Bamboozle is good for the couple of loops he really suffers at. I don't like it but i know it's good.

His complete lack of cooldown makes blood favor really good... while it last atleast

A mini trap are undetectable perks cause he has a lullaby that isn't affected by it. That said most survivors don't seem to notice so it works way more often then it should.

A bigger trap are any perks that work on m1. STBFL is straight up bad. So is Surge/Jolt. You can bring these while you learn but eventually most of your hits should come from knives

The only times you should m1 is when you're out of knives or when you down a survivor with it. You should almost never m1 a healthy survivor cause of the weapon hit cooldown which you don't have with knives.

• LeonxJiwoon
    Options

I been doing star struck no way out, franklins and death bound and my gosh its working well wierd thing is I play mostly melee with tricky over his knives and most times it seems survivors dont expect it, clapping them flash lights off their hand is such thrilling and new survivors easily wanna try body block only to get 1 hit cause star struck lol. Couple games I get 2 to even 3 of em and doing em a forcing of 2 /3 gen for control is key boy its a pity he be my only killer but it seems the build i use works so far so am not even worried about things like bbq for bp.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    Options

Depends on if you want a fun build for him or a viable build for him. If you want to play trickster to be viable, you need to stack 4 slowdown. He literally cannot compete without it, hes simply too slow and has poor chase pressure.

if you are looking for a FUN trickster build, i recommend pallet munching builds. Destroying loops at mach 7 then machine gunning survivors down is really fun. I recommend using any of these perks in any combination: Hex: Blood Favor, Hex: Crown Control, Enduring, Spirit fury, Bamboozle, Brutal strength, Fire up. Any of them in conjunction will work for a pallet meme build on trickster.

• Opekyn
    Opekyn Member Posts: 83
    Options
    1. Corrupt (Generally good slowdown)
    2. Deadlock (Generally good slowdown)
    3. Monitor (allows you to get in closer range & more FoV)
    4. Whatever (I generally run Nurse's Calling)
    5. Add-ons: Soda & Autograph (Cuts the hits needed to down in half)

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800
    Options

Not going to lie really like how you describe this build! You main him? I assume you main demo bc of the pfp.

Im definitely going to try out this trickster build, sounds aggressive and like alot of fun.

You got any other killer bills you can recommend like for Nemesis for example? I'd love to try out some more!

• glitchboi
    Options

Oh, thanks! I don't main him but I play him a lot, and I don't main Demo either, just using Demo as my pfp because of the DLC getting destroyed this month.

And for Nemesis, I personally use BBQ (Usually a staple to my builds) for bloodpoints and info, No Way Out to make the late game last longer due to his horrible early game, Save the Best for Last to compliment his ability to prevent the loss of stacks with a tentacle hit on the obsession (and it's just good on him in general for faster downs), and Monitor & Abuse to prevent survivors from reacting too quickly from holding W and catch them off guard more easily.

You don't actually need STBFL for my build (I personally use it) if you're really good at landing tentacle hits since he practically has the perk built-in, so if that's the case you can swap it out with anything you'd like! If you don't care about bloodpoints, run Discordance instead of BBQ, it notifies zombies and allows you to climb up to tier 2 & 3 faster and infect more survivors at once by whipping both survivors.

• LeonxJiwoon
    Options

nice guys keep it up lets us show the power of underated tricky daddy

• Nathan13
    Options

I appreciate everyone's suggestions!!

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 684
    Options

I like to run Undying + Devour Hope cause I have a problem and love DH to much and its on every Killer pleaseIneedanintervention. Aside from that, Mindbreaker or whatever its called now and Spies do good work for me.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

Corrupt + Deadlock because Trickster is super slow and has no early game pressure. Next, a tracking perk of your choice, but I usually go with Discordance or BBQ. 4th slot is a flex slot. I like to run No Way Out because you will get gen-rushed as Trickster, and this perk gives you another 60 seconds to chase before the gates open.

Also, Iron Maiden is a noob-trap just like with Huntress. Yeah the reload speed feels good, but it's just not optimal compared to meta perks. You should also be avoiding perks that require an M1, like Sloppy, STBFL, Surge, etc. You should be using your knives for downs. M1ing should be a last resort (i.e. when you're out of knives).

• LeonxJiwoon
    Options

They need to make him have 115% ms seriously though why does huntress/him and death slingers the only 110 and every other kill is 115?

• LeonxJiwoon
    edited November 2021
    Options

Devour hope(noed) with blood warden no way out is pretty juicy, purposely 1 hit someone down camp their body hook it when these survivors get greedy and wanna play hero then as soon as you down hook em go and clap all of em in one hit

A 4 perk that I been enjoying for good results strangely is light born and star struck, as these clicky clicky happy people wanna come up to light u only for me to whack em in 1 hit ty to star struck, making so much clicky clicky people dc. lol ofc ill swap that out for star struck or remember me if no clicky.

• OhAnotherKai
    OhAnotherKai Member Posts: 24
    Options

I love to run thrilling tremors, agitation, pop goes the weasel and the last perk can be whatever I normally use plaything or iron maiden.

The idea of this build is that as soon as I get a down and pick up the survivor I use thrilling tremors to know where to go next, agitation to get to hooks faster and in combination with thrilling get close to the gen that I want to pressure (aka the ones that are being worked on), pop goes the weasel for consistent gen regression.

Plaything may sound weird since trickster has a lullaby but tbh it is not as noticeable as the huntress' and in my experience survivors still get caught off guard by the lack of a terror radius.

And iron maiden makes reloads go brrrrr.

The good sides of the build are that it gives you the ability to transfer survivor to survivor nicely. All the perks reward you for downing the survivor and thus (for me at least) wins feel nicely earned.

The bad sides thrilling tremors whilst is not distance dependent has a cool down of 60 seconds on its tier 3 whereas bbq whilst it can't show survivors that are either 40m close to the hooking or survivors in lockers, it has no cool down and gives extra points. And none of the perks will work unless you get downs save iron maiden.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

Been running Iron Maiden, Blood Warden, BBQ and Bamboozle.

Hasnt really disappointed yet

• Nathan13
    Options

Think i’d rather use no way out than BW but thanks for the idea.

• LeonxJiwoon
    Options

I may drop devour hope it seems bugged? people are unhooking survivors close to the hook I put them on and I get no token for it.

• LeonxJiwoon
    Options

Warden is nice because remember some people try to be heros and wait by the exit gate , once you down and hook someone they now too are in danger of being punished.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747
    Options

You can just go with a slowdown build. I run STBFL, Ruin, Undying and pop. Been trying blood favor as well. Replacing undying.

• Nathan13
    Options

I’ve been using blood favor on Nemesis, and this perk is pretty sweet. Definitely will have to get it on Trickster.

• Trickstar
    Trickstar Member Posts: 31
    Options

I play without Iron Maiden, used to run it back then. I just use the Melodious Murder add-on

• ClumsyTrapper
    ClumsyTrapper Member Posts: 544
    Options

It's not good but I love iron maiden and his reload addon it just feels good

• LeonxJiwoon
    Options

Question guys the rare times I do manage to get main event I do not understand it fully, I know the screen goes fully yellow and you have limited time to use the main event(which is dumb and should be changed to using it when you feel like) when I do push the activate button do I hold it down or what cause the one time I did it sorta like just cancel out.? its abit confusing as am trying to get that down 2 survivor thing for his last story piece , though funny thing with the build I use i still be getting my 4k in matches using m1s mostly on him believe it or not xD.