Make your own Killer perk /w rules

Options
coldestwinter123
coldestwinter123 Member Posts: 99
edited November 2021 in General Discussions

Make a Killer perk that could compete with some of the more meta perks, with some rules.

1. The perk can't help top tier killers (Nurse,Spirit,Blight,Hag) - if it affects them positively that's fine but it can't be stronger or better used by the previous mentioned.
  2. The perk can't ONLY make one killer stronger. ( it has to be good on several killers not just one )
  3. The effect can't be spliced together from already existing perks ( don't make BBQ and Chilling tremors in to one perk have some originality)

You can spin a perk in a "better" way, as long as the other rules are followed.

In theory this is something that the Designers should kinda be doing already but probably with less restrictions and more towards flavor and identity. Can you do it ? can you actually make a good perk that isn't in the game yet?

Ngl guys its actually harder then you think . hope some one makes a really good one . Good Luck.

quick edit: for example Save the best for last follows all 3 rules. Its actually one of the best designed perks because it has real power(can be used on serious builds not just memes) . It doesn't help ANY of the top tier killers(atleast more then killers who actually can utilize STBFL) . It works on several killers. And its quite original (its literally an original perk)

Post edited by coldestwinter123 on

Comments

• DarkMagik
    DarkMagik Member Posts: 822
    edited November 2021
    Options

Insatiable:When a Chase is started gain a 5% Movement Speed,33% vaulting speed increase,& loss of Red Stain for 10 seconds,after those 10 seconds are up the killer will gain a 5% Movement Speed decrease & for 5 Seconds unless if the killer within the initial 10 seconds can land a Successful Hit,Break a Pallet or Wall it will cause the perk to deactivate(All Effects will be Removed) & make it go on a 40/35/30 Second Cooldown

Post edited by DarkMagik on
  • Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 913
    edited November 2021
    Options

Perk: Destructive tendencies

You see the auras of all totems within 16m.

Every time you snuff/break a totem, the totem is destroyed as if it were cleansed by a survivor.

---

And before anyone asks: Yes, I would trade a perk slot on all of my killers for a fighting chance at eliminating boons.

Not to mention it could give some synergy to that pentimento hex thing, which sorely needs something.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,622
    Options

Hex: Curses of the damned

A hex rooting it's power on your own damned soul. As your rage grows, so does your Curse, hindering all of their activities.

Each time you are stunned or blinded, gain a token, up to a maximum of 3/4/5 tokens. For each token, gain the following effects:

1 token- Whenever a survivor misses a skill check, the generator is revealed in yellow until that survivor stops repairing.

2 tokens- Whenever a survivor is injured, the Broken status effect is applied until they are hooked.

3 tokens- Whenever a survivor is hooked, the generator with the most amount of progress is blocked by The Entity for 20 seconds.

4 tokens- Whenever a hex perk would be destroyed except for Hex: Curses of the Damned, if there is a Dull Totem remaining on the map, that Totem becomes a Hex Totem with the previous Hex applied.

5 tokens- All effects of this perk are now permanent.

The effect persists until the related Totem is destroyed.

------

I like making Hex perks, because I can just go nuts on the effects. I think I followed your rules by making a hex perk that's either nutty or useless on everyone, depending on when it is cleansed.

• coldestwinter123
    edited November 2021
    Options

I think this would be not only fun, but this sounds like something that will actually make into the live game. as for if it could be Meta eh i dont know sounds too weak on paper but could be really strong who knows. But as for the rules, I think Nurse and blight for sure could use this kind of perk better than any other killer. This type of perk for sure scales with Mobility.

This kind of interesting because i think this perk would be really helpful for stealth killers such as ghost face, and pig . 100% vault speed sounds kind of insane ? I have played myers with fired up and bamboozle and in T3 Myers you almost instant vault the window, and for sure thats not 100% that's way less. The real question tho. Woudln't this be the ideal perk for someone like Hag? 4.4 killer Teleports and now wouldn't even hav to instantly swing. Starts the chase right infront of the survivor who sprung the trap. Also how could you see this visually it has to have some sort of a tell for the survivors for both speed up and speed down. Also sometimes the chase mechanic is finicky, would be a damn shame if it didn't work when it's "suppose to" . Other then that could be a real perk.

Bubba and billy would have a field trip with this one for sure.

This is funny because it comes off as pure boon hate, but it actually follows the rules exactly XD . and seeing how boons are very strong, and with new boon totems surely it will be only worse this could be a thing. to cough up an entire slot right now ehhhhhh i don't know, but in the future for sure seeing the trajectory of boon totems .

• Shymare_11
    Shymare_11 Member Posts: 494
    Options

From the Deep:

A monster with monstrous strength. As you delay the escape of your prey, you grow in power.

Each time you damage a generator, From the Deep grows in strength, granting a token.

For each token, gain a stackable 3% regression penalty increase for each subsequent damage action, up to a maximum of a 9/12/15% regression penalty.

A simple perk that makes kicking generators more favorable and worth the 3-4 second time commitment, while being a consistent and alternative slowdown option.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    edited November 2021
    Options

On your own Damned soul

Gonna run this with lightborne

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615
    Options

I've shared this (Probably OP AF) concept before, but:

Hex: Death Spiral-

A Hex rooting its power on the fear of failure.

For each unique Survivor that is hooked, this Hex gains a token.

When the Exit Gates are opened, Hex: Death Spiral activates.

Upon activation, Hex: Death Spiral blocke the Exit Gates for 30 seconds per token. If this Hex is cleansed, the effect immediately ends.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,021
    Options

Hex: BoneKnight - After all your hex totems have been destroyed this perk activates and lets you walk up to a destroyed totem and resurrect after 15/10/5 seconds and restore all your hex perks 1 time

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,044
    edited November 2021
    Options

Thalassophobia:

The maw of the void is inescapable, and trying to navigate its depths will only lead to madness.

Carried survivors lose the ability to see or hear their surroundings, and suffer from the Blindness status effect while they are being carried. When hooked, these effects persist for 20 seconds, or until unhooked.

After hooking a survivor for the first time, 1/2/3 other hooks are simultaneously highlighted and have their auras revealed to all survivors as if a survivor was just hooked on them. The auras of the fake hooks stay visible to all survivors until the hooked survivor is unhooked successfully.

(Basically, Knock Out but for first hooks. Survivors won't know which hook is the actual hook unless they've paid attention to the aura of the downed survivor, and they'll have to start going for saves earlier in case they pick the wrong hook to go to, potentially triggering second stage if survivors are too greedy. Making survivors completely blind and deaf while being carried and for a short duration when hooked also allows this perk to work against SWF, as they won't be able to call out their location.)

• Wiitab360
    Wiitab360 Member Posts: 105
    Options

Cold Efficiency

You remain calm and composed even during the hunt.

When entering a chase, gain a 2% movement speed increase for 20 seconds.

• Cold Efficiency can only be used every 50/40/30 seconds.
    • You can no longer gain Bloodlust.
  • ShadowNurseZFX
    ShadowNurseZFX Member Posts: 491
    Options

HEX: omnipotent Strategies

A hex rooting it's power on your growing power. gain a token each time a survivor is hooked. Maximum of 4/6/8 tokens

each time a survivor dies, you lose these tokens.

1 Token: 1 Random survivor suffers from the oblivious status effect for 5/10/15 seconds. the survivors aura is revealed to you for 3 seconds.

2 Tokens: 2 Random survivors scream and reveal their location, and suffer from the exhausted status effect for 10/15/20 seconds.

3 Tokens: 2 Random Generators Lose 5/10/15% progress and start regressing.

4 Tokens: Every Pallet Is Blocked For 30 Seconds.

5 Tokens: All Survivors Suffer From The Exposed Status Effect For 40/50//60 Seconds.

6 Tokens: If The Final Generator Was Repaired. The Exit Gates Are Blocked For 20/30/40 Seconds. Else, You Gain A 1/3/5% Speed Boost Until The Last Gate Opens.

7 Tokens: All Survivors Lose A Health State And Become Broken For 10/20/25 Seconds

8 Tokens: You Gain A Permenant 100% longer lunge.

------

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,549
    Options

SCOURGE HOOK: DENIAL

At the start of the trial, up to 4 random hooks are changed into scourge hooks. You see their auras in white.

While a survivor is on a scourge hook, the generator farthest away from the hook is blocked by the Entity. This effect persists for 10 seconds after the survivor is unhooked, or for 10/15/20 seconds if the survivor dies on the hook.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,549
    Options

I really like this one! It probably needs to stop EGC or something though since otherwise if nobody is downed or hooked the killer could just bodyblock the totem for 2 minutes and the survivors wouldn’t be able to do anything (if it’s at 4 tokens).

• BaschFonRonsenburg
    BaschFonRonsenburg Member Posts: 305
    Options

Unstoppable:

Your unending service to The Entity has hardened your resolve.

While carrying a survivor, you can break pallets and vault windows at 40/50/60% original speed.

• Karmerdinger
    Karmerdinger Member Posts: 2
    Options

Power Outage

Your victims leave their mark on technology, and you leave your mark on them.

Whenever you damage a generator, any survivor who previously interacted with it will scream, revealing their location for 4/5/6 seconds.

• DatFastBoi
    DatFastBoi Member Posts: 455
    Options

Basically you hear footsteps more clearly ? Not inspired for a name though

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    edited November 2021
    Options

Scourge hook: Hunter

At the start of the trial, up to 4 random hooks are changed into scourge hooks. You see their auras in white.

After hooking a survivor on a scourge hook you gain killer instinct on anyone within 64m of the hook for 6 seconds. You also gain 10% haste for 15 seconds

• BaschFonRonsenburg
    Options

Distinguished guests

The Survivors of the trial play but a simple role compared to your duty under the entity.

when you win a chase against the obsession, gain a token. Upon reaching 4/3/2 tokens, Distinguished Guests activates: all survivors who aren’t your obsession scream, revealing their locations and showing their auras for 8/9/10 seconds. Gain a 2/3/4% haste status effect for 8/9/10 seconds.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Not an original perk exactly, but I’d love to see Monstrous Shrine redone as something like

• Rescues in the basement take 2/3/4 seconds longer
    • You can always see the aura of the basement hooks even when not carrying a survivor
    • All basement hooks count as Scourge Hooks for related effects

(You could even keep the entity timer is faster in the basement too if the above isn’t good enough.)

Also a revamp of Bloodlust to be

• Bloodlust levels activate 2/4/6 seconds sooner

or whatever numbers are reasonable. (6 might be too powerful, I’m just using it as a placeholder.)

And as far as a new killer perk

Persistent Pursuer

• Your movement speed is increased 2/3/4%

A passive always on modest movement speed boost would probably be popular. Again, I just picked 2/3/4 as placeholders, whatever numbers actually keep it still worth using without being overpowered are fine.

• BaschFonRonsenburg
    Options

I absolutely love the idea as basement hook rescues taking longer as well as counting as scourge hooks. The original idea perk would probably be DOA at like 1/1.5/2 though lol

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Yeah, getting the numbers right on a passive movement perk is really, really critical. Too high and it’s broken, too low and it’s not worth a perk slot. Ideally I think it should be just high enough to help a killer get a handful of hits over the course of a match that they might not have otherwise gotten. A way to test it would be time a variety of common loops with slight movement modifications and compare hit results. Then set the speed boost to one that raises the hit/evade ratio an acceptable level for a single perk.

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122
    Options

I roughly a dozen different chapter concepts for fun, here are some of my favorite Killer perks I made.

Set For Disaster

Doomsday approaches, bringing with it the end of all things.

“When the Snake swallows the Sun, then shall the people of Egypt cry out in their unholy deaths.” -Book of Sethumshut, 3.6

• Each time you hook a Survivor, gain a Token.
    • When Survivors open an Exit Gate, the Exits are blocked for 4/5/6s for each Token on Set For Disaster. Once completed, the perk deactivates for the rest of the Trial.

Scourge Hook: I Am Become Death

With access to the most lethal material on the planet, no one shall survive.

“It was a mistake to return. Now suffer the consequences.” -The Ghost

• At the start of the Trial, four Hooks are selected to be Scourge Hooks. You see the Auras of Scourge Hooks in white.
    • After hooking a Survivor on a Scourge Hook, all Survivors that are outside of a 24/20/16m range become Exposed for 30s and reveal their locations to the Killer.

Be My Victim

The one you seek will join you in your myth of immortal death and slaughter.

“We shall die together in front of their very eyes and give them something to be haunted by. Come with me and be immortal.” -Candyman

• You become Obsessed with one Survivor.
    • Everytime you hit your Obsession or hit a non-Obsession twice, Be My Victim gains a token.
    • A token is consumed when the Obsession performs one of the following actions:
      • When the Obsession hits a Skillcheck while repairing a Generator, the Generator explodes and loses an additional 10/12/14% progress. If they hit a Great Skillcheck, then the Generator explodes and loses an additional 2.5/3/3.5%.
      • When the Obsession hits a Skillcheck while healing a Survivor, the Survivor cries out and loses all healing progress. If they hit a Great Skillcheck, they do not lose progression.

Judged

You seek revenge against one in particular and will go through anyone to get to them.

"And I will get him back even as he gloats, In the meantime I'll practice on less honourable throats." -Sweeney Todd

• Any Survivor that takes a Protection Hit for the Obsession is put into the Dying State.
    • Any Survivor that heals the Obsession becomes Oblivious for 40/50/60s. (Has a 60s. cooldown)

Hex: Survive The Night

"You won't die, but you'll wish you could." -Scrap Baby

A Hex that grows in power as the night comes to an end. Time to get serious.

• Every time a Generator is completed, gain a Token, up to a max of 5 Tokens.
    • Every time a Generator is completed, the following effects are activated:
      • Gain a 1/2/3% Haste Status Effect for 15s. for each Token on this Hex
      • 3+ Tokens: Gain the Undetectable Status Effect for 2/3/4s. for each Token on this Hex
      • Tokens: Survivors suffer from the Oblivious and Exhausted Status Effects.
  • HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122
    Options

I just saw this, my perk Set For Disaster is similar. Yours is probably more counterable but mine lasts for less time. When did you come up with it?

This seems like a very powerful tradeoff considering you can 'farm' blinds and stuns. I like the idea though.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

But at the same time it's a hex perk so if you don't spawn on Saloon or Lerys it isn't making it to 5 stacks.

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615
    Options

I came up with it long ago, and it was designed to be a strong Hex with an effect the Killer could potentially drag out if the Survivors don't happen to cleanse it in the first 20 seconds of the game.

High risk, high reward, after all.

• SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327
    Options

Hex: FussyPart - Playing a female survivor makes you anxious. Every time you work on a generator with a male survivor, you need to let some loose. You make louder noises for 10/20/30 seconds after leaving a generator.

• GoodBoyKaru
    edited November 2021
    Options
  • The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,151
    Options

Intertwined Fate: Every time you M1 a survivor you gain a token up to a maximum of 4 tokens, once you gain 4 tokens you hold the active ability button to instantly regress 25% of every generator with more than 25% progress and it starts regressing, Also has an additional effect that when a survivor fails a skill check while on a generator it causes any generator with progress to explode and start regressing.

• Not_Social_Joker
    Not_Social_Joker Member Posts: 44
    Options

Very quick and simple idea.

If you lunge and spin in place, your lunge doesn't end until you stop spinning, where you will then launch forward with little control of your direction. If you miss, you are faced with an extended stun duration, as if you are dizzy from all the spinning.

I thought of this as more or less a silly counter to survivors who dodge the killer by basically running into them when they miss a swing. Even if it doesn't counter anything, it's still a silly perk that I like.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Hex: Restriction

A Hex which protects the vile powers that flow throughout the Trial.

As long as this Hex is active, all other Dull and Lit Hex Totems are blocked by the Entity and can't be interacted with until Hex: Restriction is cleansed.

Hex: Restriction cannot be replaced by Undying. Undying will only affect other Hexes after Restriction releases its hold on all totems across the map.

Basically Corrupt Intervention for totems; direct counter to Boons

Hex: Touch of Corruption

Your mastery over hexes allows you to breathe life back into them.

Once per trial, you can use the active ability button at a cleansed OR blessed totem to rekindle a lost Hex totem at its position. Touch of Corruption will rekindle the last Hex perk that was cleansed at its position.

Hex: Illusory

A Hex that weaves deception throughout the trial.

As long as this Hex is active, all lit Hex Totems will appear as Dull totems and have their auras hidden except for Hex: Illusory.

When Hex: Illusory is cleansed, all dull totems will appear to be lit and previously unlit Hex Totems will become relit.

Basically mind games with bones / hopefully get survivors to cleanse every single totem they see to waste time. Survivors will not be prompted that they are cursed by Illusory until the original Illusory Hex is cleansed. Also, fake lit totems will not act like actual hex totems so if someone is trying to Bless over a deceived totem then they'll be able to see that it's "fake" if there is no slow down penalty.

So yeah, I'm always ready for more Hex perks, specifically defense ones/ones that are super unique

• coldestwinter123
    Options

so far i've read through all of them and i can say, its hard for me to tell if they woudln't be better on the top tier killers.

but the pattern so far is Movement speed, and ramping and ramping hexes.

this one is genius. its super simple but it would actually make kicking gens worth not instantly but over time. My fear with this one comes from 3gen where you are just able to completely deny any progress. For Pop as long as you don't get hooked and play super safe, you are able to essentially denie the perk if you are aware of it . Ruin you just have to find the hex totem. This is like singelplayer ramp could be dangerous with the right numbers. But this kinda helps 3gen killers (Trapper,Trickster,Slinger) and i think some form of this perk could break in the meta ,good job.

personal favorite right there.

-

Be My Victim

The one you seek will join you in your myth of immortal death and slaughter.

“We shall die together in front of their very eyes and give them something to be haunted by. Come with me and be immortal.” -Candyman

• You become Obsessed with one Survivor.
    • Everytime you hit your Obsession or hit a non-Obsession twice, Be My Victim gains a token.
    • A token is consumed when the Obsession performs one of the following actions:
      • When the Obsession hits a Skillcheck while repairing a Generator, the Generator explodes and loses an additional 10/12/14% progress. If they hit a Great Skillcheck, then the Generator explodes and loses an additional 2.5/3/3.5%.
      • When the Obsession hits a Skillcheck while healing a Survivor, the Survivor cries out and loses all healing progress. If they hit a Great Skillcheck, they do not lose progression.

By HealsBadMan

this one is kinda cool, even tho i think some of the effects are too strong. But i like the idea for the survivors to think that MAYBE it would be better if the obsession dies. The idea that you make it harder for your team and there for they might turn on you is quite the concept. some version of this would be cool and could maybe beat out the current meta.

Overall great posts guys, minus on the following rules tho XD i think everyones just excited to share their perks which is great. so i guess keep doing that .