This can't be RNG anymore

Options
DwightsLifeMatters
DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
edited January 2019 in General Discussions
I play nurse. Getting only farm and swamp map 10 times in a row.
I play survivor. Instantly The Game map.
Alright, let's play Trapper. Autohaven and farm again.

This is not happening once in a week or so, this RNG is constable happening to me on every season. 
I think I can count with one hand how often I got the game map when I play killer and I play damn a lot.

Someone else has this bad RNG aswell?

Comments

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

It does seem to go in bunches like as survivor I'll get Gideons on stop and it'll be against Doctors and Mirror Myers. When I get farm maps it's usually a Billy herd and same for the Autohaven maps.

While as killer it's a lot of Macmillan Estates and farm maps it seems.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

Did you check offerings? Cause most killers are more likely to use game offerings than any other map offering. And Billy is definitely like to use a coldwind farm offering.

• Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570
    Options

I would love if the game stopped giving me Haddonfield.

Now about Autohaven, Coldwind and MacMillan, those 3 realms have 5 maps each one, while the other maps have either two maps or only one.

The devs should either delete some maps from the original three realms (very unlikely) or make more maps for the other realms(except the swamp, f**k that map).

• BlowHard74728
    BlowHard74728 Member Posts: 60
    Options
    Playing as survivor and it was non stop autohaven and no one used an offering either. Sucked cause Autohaven is one if my least favorite but for a good 15 games it was constant autohaven. 

Every time the killer is doctor we get sent to haddonfield and that map is hell to play on against doctor (again no map offering)
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

I got Autoheaven maps 3 or 4 times in a row as Spirit.

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917
    Options
    For me when i try to play myers, 90% of the time coldwind farm
  • OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Options
    Man just yesterday I decided to play Billy and they could've gave me any other map, but some how I get The Game and the next match I got Lery's??? Like when I play Myers or Doc I never get those maps.

Third game I decided to play Myers and at first I wanted to do Spoopy Myers on Lery's but I didn't have a Map offering to go there, so I decided to do unlimited evil 3 and could you guess what map loaded... Yup! Lery's and all of it's beautiful walls blocking me from stalking people 😢
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Options
    xChrisx said:
    For me when i try to play myers, 90% of the time coldwind farm
    For me aswell, it's a pain 
  • azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Options
    I will say that locations like the farm and junk yard have many multiple maps thus increasing the chance to be sent there. But I agree I've been getting more repeated maps myself, notably the pale Rose. 

Didn't they say in the dev stream they were tweaking the map algorithm?
  • Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited January 2019
    Options

I swear, whenever I am stomping the absolute crap outta the survivors in a match, they are 90% more likely to get the "4%" chance off the hook.

And it happens to often to call it a coincidence.

The opposite is also true, if the match is not going so well for me, they pretty much never get off the hook. Perhaps a hidden comeback system?

• Sel
    Sel Member Posts: 92
    Options

My friend has gotten Swamp 8 times in a row now I'm fairly sure as Killer.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options
    I play nurse. Getting only farm and swamp map 10 times in a row.
    I play survivor. Instantly The Game map.
    Alright, let's play Trapper. Autohaven and farm again.

This is not happening once in a week or so, this RNG is constable happening to me on every season. 
    I think I can count with one hand how often I got the game map when I play killer and I play damn a lot.

Someone else has this bad RNG aswell?
    I feel like you shouldn't be able to get the same map twice in a row. This means 5 players will restrict 5 maps since they all can't play the same ones again but map offerings should ignore this rule.