Fixated name change

Options

I noticed fixated name got changed to self-aware. Was this because of the stranger things license ending?

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,227
    Options

Yup- all the Stranger Things perk names got changed when they were swapped to general perks instead of character perks.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

That’s right, Fixated was one of Nancy’s perks, and all the perks and such in that Stranger Thing’s dlc pack had their names changed. Definitely related to losing the license, maybe they’re worried about something being trademarked or tied to the old license, etc, who knows?

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    edited November 2021
    Options

The perk names had zilch to do with the show, besides Babysitter. They weren't licensed material. So I really don't get why they had to be changed. I for one will still be calling them by their original names.

Oh, and his name is Jesse McCree!!!

• SudoK7
    SudoK7 Member Posts: 68
    Options

Don't really play overwatch anymore but I'm never calling McCree Cassidy

• KnotEnthusiast
    KnotEnthusiast Member Posts: 464
    edited November 2021
    Options

Still calling perks by their old names after they were changed due to licensing is whatever. But making a point to continue calling a character named after a sex offender, after his victims changed the character so they don't have to work on a game labeled with their abuser's name is a weird hill to die on.

• SudoK7
    SudoK7 Member Posts: 68
    Options

I see your point but McCree in Overwatch isn't the same ######### who abused those people and I don't associate the two. If people want to call him cassidy that's fine but me personally i'm still going to call him McCree.