The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Freddy Krueger before 4.7.0\ VS /Freddy Krueger after 4.7.0

StefanBlaze
StefanBlaze Member Posts: 45
edited November 2021 in General Discussions

* Disclaimer *

There are many letters in the text

If you think Freddie is a strong maniac who needed a nerf, then please read the end of the story, or list in a non-negative way what I did not take into account.

I decided to touch upon a topic that is painful for me, namely the constant nerfs of someone who does not need to be nerfed, as well as about his "USEFUL ADDONS". For at least a fraction of the objectivity, I will compare Freddie only with Freddie.

Once a year a patch comes out that either slightly strengthens or greatly weakens poor Freddie. That is, the changes on this maniac are very easy to feel.

Before the 4.7.0 patch

Nightmare was a common maniac whose strength was in the fact that he could put several puddles on safe pallets, cabbin, main. And there are 2-3 puddles to chase. Play on such nightmare, it was much more convenient to catch the survivors in safe pallets and windows. But one way or another, such a number of puddles did not prevent the survivors from moving to other places, or those who were out of the chase could easily disarm Freddie. If it is not near puddles.

At the moment, the number of puddles has been halved. That is, now, instead of closing some buildings in advance, and forcing the survivors to go where they need to. Your puddles are used exclusively in pursuit. Pass only 5 of them. Of course, no one bothers to put in advance ... one puddle on the totem ... and already 4 .... In short, now puddles are exclusively a skill for chasing and in order to close the loop. If the survivor is constantly running from pallet to pallet without doing unnecessary circles, then this ability is useless.

(I hope we still keep in mind that this all works only on sleepy survivors.)

Fake Pallets.

Great addon for closed maps, because there are a lot of pallets on closed maps. But this add-on has two drawbacks if there are at least 2 people in the lobby playing Discord.

As then and now, fake pallets are easily counterbalanced, simply by throwing them off. After all, some attentive survivors who went into a dream may notice that in some places there are pallets where they were not there before.

Now instead of 10 fake pallets and we have 7 of them

Now let's talk about the world of dreams.

Getting out of it before the 4.7.0 patch was easy. You might have been woken up, you might have failed a skill-check, or you might have walked up to the clock. No matter how like the world of dreams, it was not really a strong thing. Only Freddy's punches and a passive timer could get you back there. The dream world was ONLY a threat when Freddie used Tonatophobia, hex: ruin and two pairs of chains to slow down the repair. Or you play against Freddie on a closed map: meat packing plant, laboratory, institute, Midwich scool. Those who have survived both then and now remain calm in the world of dreams, and washed away from what would wake up. This will improve visibility and remove the effect of forgetfulness.

I forgot to mention that I am currently using an alarm clock. You have extra time .... Great, among other ways to get out of sleep, we also get an extra 30 seconds of wakefulness. This is 60 seconds for the transition to sleep mode + 30 seconds of the timer and protection from going to sleep when Freddy hits. In addition, each time you select the watch, you increase the sleep timer.

I will not discuss teleportation in any way. Since this is that useful thing when playing this maniac both now and then. It helps to save time and gives Freddie some control over the map.

ADDONS!

Let's first talk about add-on effects. The game has a large number of effects: fatigue, injury, bleeding, blindness, forgetfulness, immobilization, weakening and slowing down. The nightmare has 4 add-ons that give only 2 effects, these are bleeding and blindness. This is certainly cool, but can I please do something other than two effects? Why not combine the two effects into one purple addon? Or add other effects, such as fatigue or injury, if you hit the survivor within 3 seconds of being hit? As a result, we have 2 add-ons that give the same effects, which are very situational.

By themselves, these cubes can be taken in builds with puddles and boards, and in my opinion this is the only + of these addons

Now even more useless addons.

Addons for Fake Pallets. Why are they useless, you ask? Well, by themselves, they are not useless, and they exchange puddles for boards for you. The problem is that there is no difference between these addons. The number of fake pallets will remain the same, and only will change ... highlighting auras ... highlighting auras when throwing off boards .... The developers have a certain good sense of humor.

Now comes the fun part.

Chains

I must despise these 3 add-ons to slow down the repair before being reworked, they were in some way strong add-ons. Now, these addons increase the volume of sounds. And that's not a bad thing. Really not bad. But of these 3 addons, I can only call the purple one. And for good it was necessary to change only the purple add-on, and leave two old ones, but reduce the % to the slowdown of the repair-heal in the world of dreams.

The rest of the addons I have no desire to discuss, the only thing I will say. That besides cubes, there are no more add-ons that increase the number of puddles or something like that.

Summing up everything.

Before the nerf, Freddy was a walking maniac with good map control, with the right play for which and with the right build, you could drag out the game. And counter the map

But as then and now, he does not have any add-ons that would somehow improve his puddles. Now, Freddy is a walking maniac, whose ability is tied to the pursuit, the only thing that still saves him is blink.

Post edited by StefanBlaze on

Comments