MMR is broken

We all know by now that DBD MM isn't the best, but ever since they added MMR it seems like all u get matched up with is ppl with barley a 100hrs on the game. I swf with my bf and even with both of us carrying the team it's still not enough due to our teammates being newer players. How has your MMR experience been so far?

Comments

• RaingerPlaysDBD
    RaingerPlaysDBD Member Posts: 27

It's functioning as intended. It's just poorly designed, so your experience is poor. Additionally it should be taken into account that Dead By Daylight is an A-Sym game, and there haven't been really any mainstream A-Symm games with massive success like DBD so It's not too big of a shock that the MMR isn't great.

My MMR experience is that it's lackluster.

For Killer; Characters I enjoy, I drop quickly because I tend to play pretty well and then it becomes a stressful competition. It isn't "slash the Survivors" anymore, it becomes very much a time trial. If my scheduling in a match is off and I'm not exactly where I need to be, I suffer heavily as Killer and it's very disheartening.

For Survivor; I consider myself a hardcore veteran and only really get razzed if I were to face back to back to back amazing Nurses who remove all my skill (once you hit that level, It just becomes a game of hoping they make a mistake). So MMR isn't really that much different. Been running No Mither every round for about 4 weeks, and matches are no different or even better (IE Survivors are strong at high Elo).

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

Idk what it is. I felt like it worked for the first few games when SBM first went live.

I was surprised I wasn't carrying the team anymore, and gens were popping fast. However we annihilated the killer.

After a day or so. Now I'm stuck w scrubs and we all end up dying.

I saw a ally player w 8 hours. At that moment, I felt like I didn't want to play DBD anymore.

I'm back to carrying my team and end up dead trying to save the noobs.

90% of my games I have the most points. The other 10% is when I get tunneled and/or camped.

Please don't tell me I'm playing w scrubs becuz the game thinks I'm a scrub. This game MMR is broke. And we all know it.

What's worst is they got rid of the hatch. I really don't care no more. I just play and die.

I saw my wife play who only has a few hours in, and she was playing against the pig w 4000 plus hour. The pig brought OP add ons ready for a sweaty game. Once it was realized Survivors were scrubs, she let everyone go. This game was prime example of extreme lop sided match.

I wish I would of saved that game. But it was on the Xbox and Xbox video recording mechanism is broken.

We need to bring back the old ranking system. The devs can keep their puny points they're giving out now.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Are you saying killers are winning?

Easily?

That is a different tone than most of the posts on here.

• noctis129

Well.. I'm saying the game is lop sided. Either killer gets bullied, or the killer annihilates scrub Survivors. And the lop sidedness is extreme.

Putting a 1000 hour survivor w a 100 hour survivor needs to stop.

That's what I'm saying.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Not sure how you thought I was referencing you and not OP.

But, after reading your post I'd say old system was just as bad. Smurfs were everywhere.

The problem with this game is everyone thinks it's competitive, instead of a party game. And the comp scene doesn't help.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

They aren't unless they are competitive players. The regular players who play for fun are being destroyed by the MMR and how The Devs told everyone how it is scored. I played 8 games last night and only got 5k total. Most of the games everyone brought in a Tool Box with a BNP or 2 had BNP and 2 had purple flashlights with the best addons.....I even lost 3 games in a row by not getting a single kill and my MMR didn't drop in the least. The issue is there are less and less Killers playing now because of how one sided the game has become, so casual Killer players like me are feeling the pain and troubles.

But the Devs dont want to affect Gen Speeds, deal with how strong SWFs are, the Maps in general need a major rework still.

People have said "THE END IS NEIGH XX WILL DESTROY DBD" But what will destroy DbD is The Devs own hubris and not caring about how THIER changes are affecting Both Sides

• filipeaa
    filipeaa Member Posts: 11

Mine is terrible, solo q is terrible, yesterday i'd play with 3 friends (2 are new on the game) and i scape every single match, when i play solo, i almost never scape because my teammets only do gens and leave.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

My experiences have been...weird.

What I think happens a lot right now:

• Killer queues are lightning fast. If I'm waiting for a minute on offpeak hours, that's a long time.
    • Survivor queues can be really long.
    • Survivors may end up with quite different skill levels in their groups because of this - the system starts expanding search parameters.
    • If a killer dodges a lobby, the system grabs the next killer in-line with significantly relaxed parameters. This is where you get the really one-sided games.

The old system was a million times worse.

After a while, red rank survivors complained bitterly about their admittedly ridiculous queue times. BHVR compensated by removing all killer matchmaking protections.

I started right after they did this and it was a bloody nightmare. A killer with less than 10 hours up against full SWFs with 7000 hours between them, who would stomp me and then tell me to uninstall in postgame.

SBMM has it's quirks, but it's just so much better.

I see this a fair bit. It has to do with the sheer imbalance of people playing survivors vs. killer. Survivor is a far more relaxing experience and is thus more appealing. I know that I'll sometimes switch over when I'm having a particularly frustrating session.

If the system was to wait and match you more accurately, a lot of people would be waiting for ages.

No.

Ranks were just too easy to smurf and red-rank survivors end up with silly queue times and killers end up suffering when BHVR inevitably removes matchmaking protections for killers again.

SBMM has it's quirks, but it's so much better.

I find that, when I reach this point, I need to start easing up. I mostly like playing around with funky perks/addons, and playing ultra-sweaty isn't my idea of fun.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

I agree check my response to his on my feelings and opinion on the situation.

• LaFlamme
    LaFlamme Member Posts: 20

As a survivor it's a lottery, one game i'm against a top tier killer, next game they barely know how to swing.

As a killer it has been hell. Every game I get put against survivors who know how to play. I don't mind it so much on my mains but a month ago I bought ghostface and my first matchup was against 3 streamers all of which were very good.

I'm not sure how the new MMR system works but from that experience I'm guessing it doesn't take into account if you are new to a killer?

• kingsparda97
    kingsparda97 Member Posts: 11

I've had a 50/50 experience on killer where if I play GF I will get survivors that have DH and know how to loop and if I switch to clown I'll get babies that don't know what's going on. But my MMR experience has been wayyy worse on survivor.

• noctis129

"Ranks were just too easy to smurf"

That is what's going on right now. Ppl are smurfing, if anything, ppl are smurfing even more. That's why the current system is broken.

• matticus1204
    matticus1204 Member Posts: 1

It’s absolutely broken now though. I just bought a new killer to finally try get into being killer, played my first game with level 1 cannibal and I’m in Ash IV and lost the game with 4 hooks. Looked at all other players at the end, 3 of the survivors were in Iridescent I and the last was iridescent III