Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Should iron will be nerfed

2»

Comments

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

When survivors are injured their breathing doesn't even exist. So it doesn't amplify anything.

Also Iron Will applying when downed has shown to be a bad idea as there is a bug that has been in this game for years now where someone who is downed can be silent and the killer can't find them and if it's a situation of slugging for 4k and the killer kills the 3rd survivor the 4th literally can't be found because for some reason people move.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

A perk slot that can be used for better effects, let alone that it HAS a prerequisite of being Injured and it doesnt work while being downed.

How is that more of a prerequisite of 1 hex totem being cleansed(Haunted Grounds), or 1 dull totem remaining(NOED) in the trial, or picking up a survivor, or hooking 3 survivors? The only prerequisite that Devour Hope has, is not being cleansed.

Also, funny cherrypick to grab the only instadown perk that actually is relatively difficult to get working, Devour Hope is more comparable to Off The Record in terms of "removing" gamemechanics than Iron Will. I am talking about any instadown that exists in the game that doesnt require you going out of your way to benefit from it. Which is effectively every single instadown except for Devour Hope.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Yes, but it's only when they are injured, Stridor amplifies downed and healthy survivors too.

"Also Iron Will applying when downed has shown to be a bad idea"

I agree, which is why Stridor cannot be buffed to counter Iron Will, because doing so would require Iron Will to also be buffed. If Stridor counters Iron Will to injured survivors, but also amplifies downed and healthy survivors, you're effectively removing the usability of an entire perk. That's not good game design. So the secondary effect would need to be to have Iron Will applied to the dying state also, so that Stridor is also countered a bit harder by Iron Will. Forcing both sides to effectively run Iron Will and Stridor, meaning you might aswell make both basekit.

"because for some reason people move."

Then dont slug for a 4k.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513

I like your idea.

alternatively, it could have a "hold breath" button on E. hold your breath for too long and you go into the dying state. :P

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

I suppose Version 2. Although I'd change it so crouching also makes a survivor's injured grunts 100% quiet, regardless of movement. This would make it so you can still have moments where you can reposition yourself slightly without being heard.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

Iron Will should just remove injured sounds, not all sounds from survivor.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

Which is the problem. It only works while uninjured.

Also in what logic does it make sense that cause stridor gets buffed that iron will should too? You said that perks shouldn't counter perks but when i mentioned buffing stridor your saying to buff iron will which is the counter to stridor.

"then don't slug for the 4k"

I mean... they can also just. not move. you know. to not get slugged to death.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

Exactly. Wanting IW nerfed is silly. I have no problems with it when I play killer.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267
    edited November 2021

Perk is okay. It's better to have the unnecessary stridor nerf reverted. And to have niche/useless perks buffed.

• Ecstasy
    Ecstasy Member Posts: 426

Maybe I'm missing something here, but what sort of midngames are you even talking about where you're able to see the survivor--when that absolutely means they can see you--making it irrelevant whether they're audible or not?

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

V2 is actually good

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    edited November 2021

Faking a vault and going on to the next tile is one prime example.

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565

Stealth still exists in this game, i run iron will on claudette and in maps like dead dawg saloon or yamaoka you become invisible for the killer if you crouch on bushes. Blood trails are a joke and the only times they're useful for the killer is when near a source of light or in an indoor map with a clearer floor.

Aura perks all require conditions to activate them, and as far as I know, by playing stealthy you activate none of them. Killer instinct is so situational only a few killers have it, you can literally forget that mechanic even exists and your games won't change a bit.

Even if you dont play in a dark map, with iron will you can become invisible for the killer just by going behind a tree, or crouching and standing still. There's a reason this perk is top tier and busted not only against spirit, but because it removes a very important mechanic for the killer to find survivors.

Being injured is supposed to be a handicap, but with iron will I don't even brother trying to heal most of the times.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

You can't nerf Iron Will, what will all the toxic flashlight dead hard neon hair Neas do without it????

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

It should be fixed so it doesn't turn off breathing.

• TransverseCaster
    TransverseCaster Member Posts: 543

Iron Will as is should be base kit. Tier I at least.