Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Killer is unironically a joke right now

2»

Comments

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Solo Q is still mad easy.

I play Solo and Killer - 50/50 (probably more Solo due to challenges).

I usually get 20k+ and an escape (escape ~60% of the time).

I'm assuming you know, but most people actually switch off from killer to survivor because it is way less demanding/stressful (requires less mechanical skill, time management, etc).

There's a few people in this thread that post the same things in every topic - Just because they say it a lot doesn't mean it holds any weight at all.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

Agree 100%.

I used to pretty much play only Killer but thats drifted now to about half and half to, so I could totally see why someone would just make the switch completely.

I also could name multiple streamers who used to stream Killer mainly, but for some reason (I wonder why), are now complete survivor mains. Not only that, but they'll act very toxic as well (probably because it gets views), which is just pathetic if you ask me.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,224
    edited November 2021

Killer isn't that difficult. Make good decisions, run a good build, play efficiently/well, and you'll win the vast majority of your games.

Most killers I play against fail at the basics or spend an eternity chasing one survivor while the easiest 4 gen set up of their life gets broken. The game hands killers a gen lock on many maps. Suffo Pit or Azarovs? Literally never cross the map. Play one side of it and you have a 4k.

I keep hearing how MMR has made the game unplayable and aside from the odd edge case here and there, the game isn't that much harder now than it was before. There aren't that many actual death squads out there. Nothing that even approaches comp game speed.

• JPA
  • WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Too many weak killers

• filipeaa
    filipeaa Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2021

It's bad too, but it's impossible play killer and have fun, the same frustation we have with camping, noed, slugging is the same playing killer and have your hits cancel because of the new validation or new dead hard.

• filipeaa
    filipeaa Member Posts: 11

You are joking, right?

You have to use a full build to counter something that are fast as hell, there are only 2 regressions perks on the game, one being a Hex who can easily destroyed ou now transform in a boon that can be re-lit infinite. Killer it's unplayable and for the mains survivors will be much worse, you'll se much more camping, slunging and noeds, that not healty for none of us, main killer, main survivors or who play both iqual.

• ShadowNurseZFX
    ShadowNurseZFX Member Posts: 491

its because we haev had enough of BHVR's bullshit and clear favoritism. and until survivors get the needed nerfs. i will not be touching killer

• ShadowNurseZFX
    ShadowNurseZFX Member Posts: 491

keys are.... based statement, the only items i see are med-kits and flashlights

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Flashlight saves need timing. You can't just blind them at any time during the stun lock, this isn't 2016.

• Shenlong1904
    Shenlong1904 Member Posts: 293

Opposite for me, atleats 10 minutes for one killer match. For survivor, it is so fast i cant even go to the bathroom while waiting

• Fobbo
    Fobbo Member Posts: 452

When i started playing without the mentality of winning its not stressful to me but you might feel different

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

Killer's always going to be more stressful regardless of attitude because there's never a breather in a match unless most people are hooked and it's endgame. It's not a role that allows for idle time or not attending to something.

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565

Yep. This game was always survivor sided (intentionally or not) but the addition of boon totems made me realize the devs aren't even trying to hide it anymore. They want group of friends playing survivor have fun, so they'll stick around and spend money on skins. But how do the devs do this? By adding 2nd chance perks all the time. Now it really doesn't matter if the killer is better than you or your friends, you have so many extra lifes in form of perks that is actually harder to lose than it is to win.

Now, I'll admit that even being a killer main since 2017, I'm still guilty of this. I play ocassionally with my friends (which 2 of them started playing recently) and all it takes is one of us running boon totems to secure a 3-man escape at least. And when I play soloQ, DS, DH and BT made me escape more games than I can count.

Not to sound crazy but almost every feature seems carefully made to benefit survivors more. Map oferrings having the same weight in both sides even though its a 4v1, boon totems being able to be used over and over again even though they can have more impact than some of the hexes right now (and with no risk, mind you), maps that still have infinites even though these should have been fixed years ago, and the list goes on.

And this is not a theory, these are facts. Behaviour has proven way too many times thay they just don't know how to play killer at higher levels. Otherwise boons wouldn't have made it even to the ptb, or nerfed already weak perks like lullaby or hangman's trick, or release every killer with bugs or broken features (Victor unable to open lockers on release, legion being OP on release, etc. Proving that they don't even test all the features correctly)

It's pretty sad because I still like this game, but if bhvr put all of their effort in making killer unfun, I might as well listen to them and go play something else. Oh, wait, there's already another asymm game around the corner and it actually looks good and balanced? How nice of BHVR to push players away to that game, very considerate from them.

• JPA
    edited November 2021

OK. Could say the same for solo Q then, just don't have a mentality of winning.

My response still stands though to the guy who immediately brought up Solo Q in a thread about how unfun Killer is.

Also, playing meme builds gets boring after a while. There's only so much you can do within the limited scope of a DBD match until you get bored and just start playing the game to win.

Even if I'm memeing around or just playing Huntress and going for long range shots, I'll still end up stomping teams, then my MMR gets too high, and then I get unfun games again.

Also, even if you are playing without the intention of winning, I'll still end up getting triggered by a toxic game at some point

I'll just keep it uninstalled for now.

• BillyAndStu
    BillyAndStu Member Posts: 120

SoloQ is annoying but more often than not it depends on the killer being played. If youre not nurse, spirit, blight your chances go way down. Everything in the game currently favors survivors. All survivors have to do is hold forward at the start of a game when they get hit and if you chase them you lose 2 gens at least. The game borderline punishes you for hitting survs.

• BillyAndStu
    BillyAndStu Member Posts: 120

I feel like the biggesr problem is that if youre playing a killer that cant tp/sprint across the map, you basically get punished for hitting healthy survivors. I feel like if youre gonna give survs squad buffs that can be activated an infinite number of times killers need a broad buff. I feel like if survs get a speed burst killers should have no/reduced hit cooldown time. Do survs REALLY need a sprint burst and a killer alow down for getting hit? They already have half a dozen second chance perks, with more on the way.

• JPA

Yep, you chase them and lose gens, or now you let them go and they will heal up with a boon.

• Fobbo

I did not mean that it is supposed to be the way to play. I just said thats my mentality because thats how i have the most amount of fun

• xTalon32
    xTalon32 Member Posts: 413

That's all I ever do and it's exceedingly easier now than the last time I played. I just played my first match in over a year and it was the easiest match I've EVER had.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

For gen time you can always run the super gen build (Pop/No Way Out/Corrupt/Deadlock)

• JPA
    edited November 2021

Yeah I get it, your advice is definitely sound, and changing priority to not winning is a solid way to get less stressed on the game.

I was just pointing out that, potentially, Killer can be way more stressful than Solo Q, because of the 2nd poster who just made the instant "solo Q is worse" response to this thread, which I disagree with

• Fobbo

Yeah killer is definetly more stressful. I think survivor is pretty chill compared to killer

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

i play solo q most of the time. Its not as bad as people say. If you're a bad looper you're gonna do bad. But if you're decent you'll be fine. Yeah your team might be either terrible or good. Imo I escape at least 50% of the time, some days it goes higher. Its a 1v4 the survivors already have the advantage.

• Whymee
    Whymee Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2021

It's all about money. The original killer and survivor getting more ugly for selling more skins. Ruin was nerfed because "too many people using it". In real they sold the "solution" undying with the new killer. Seems a new meta now to nerf perks and sell them again.