Would a first person option for survivors make the game more fun?

supersonic853
supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,501
edited November 2021 in General Discussions

I have seen a couple of the videos where mods allow this to happen and it makes the gameplay a lot more interesting when ya have a bubba right behind you with his chainsaw revd. I feel like if you wanna make the game more difficult on yourself for fun itd be a nice option. Who would use it if this was a option?

(Remember when this game was considered "horror"...me to lol) this might bring back a little of that.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735
    edited November 2021

Would be interesting if they would make it as a event mode or perk (No Mither - just difficulty increase) or something. First person would make play Survivor feel super fun I think.

Imagine for example Oni rushing towards you and you see him just few meters behind you when you turn around :D

• supersonic853
    edited November 2021

Ah Shi- SLAMB

Myers might be even more terrifying with scratched mirror as well.

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551

Gives me a headache but I don't think it would bring back the horror vibes from the first time you played DBD. You're just too used to how the game works now. Might be fun for another mode and probably eliminates the problem with widescreen.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Honestly I wouldn't think so.

Most of my enjoyment from the game doesn't come from the horror anymore (especially since it isn't a horror game and hasn't been for years lmao) and a sudden return to that would be... Weird. And I don't think it'd be fun.

But if it's an option (I'd never use outside of challenges 🏃) then sure lol

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

i would definitely like to try it.

always hated first person view in games actually but I guess playing killer made me more comfortable with it.

i guess it needs some adjustments besides obvious UI work. I don’t want to looks at gens for so long for example.

• supersonic853
    edited November 2021

Idk a tinkerer billy with his chainsaw revd just popping up behind me with no warning i might scream lol. Or like the no warning swings from ghostface while shrouded. But i guess those 2 already can kinda scare people. Oh and first person lockers imagine just hearing the TR and suddenly the door opens lol.

• supersonic853

Well while survivors are on gens sometimes they do look to the left and right so maybe allow that? Just obviously you cant 360 your head while on a gen.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,264

During the chase we are staying close to objects and pallets, we can't really run in the open. the view makes me feel motion sick with how the camera moves and the objects we always see from the front.

I like the third person view personally.

• Miles
    Miles Member Posts: 461

Yes, im bringing up outlast again, but that game is just so good.

first person camera work like in that game may make it work. simply just dont make it so your camera spins while dropping a pallet.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

It could make it more spooky, fun? I don't really know.

I think we could still have the choice to use 3rd or 1st person since neither gives an advantage.

• NinthPixel
    NinthPixel Member Posts: 60

That would be the one way to balance Spine Chill. You get Spine Chill but you get either a FPS camera or an over the shoulder camera like RE4.