The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Sometimes Words Aren’t Enough...

So here are some pictures of how my week is going so far. Please feel free to post your accomplishments/struggles

Comments

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    The Legion camp is justified, cuz exits are open. The others... If you were toxic and bming u kinda deserved it, otherwise your unlucky 
  • Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    The Legion camp is justified, cuz exits are open. The others... If you were toxic and bming u kinda deserved it, otherwise your unlucky 
    yah camping me with noed but whatever, I am used to it just not this many times in only 2 hours
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Koriandr said:
    When killers has to camp just cause you’re better at the game.

When Survivors pretend that they're better than the guys they lost to.

• Speshul_Kitten

Only 10 more other killers to get camped by. Make it a collection.

Dude I have albums of these. Just not all in the same day, I will try today though lol
  • katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,140
    Bubba collecting Meg faces apparently
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

Looks like you just have to learn how to not get hooked!

• Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 594
    What’s interesting to me, is that all of these campings (except The Legion’s) happened when there were exactly 2 generators left.
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Looks like you're hooked on Dead by Daylight! ;D You'll get some bad days and some good. Hopeful you got enough points. That's all that matters top me tbh.
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    What’s interesting to me, is that all of these campings (except The Legion’s) happened when there were exactly 2 generators left.
    Rule of 2s.
  • Orion

@KillerRaccoon said:

Chasing one means three Survivors were still working on generators.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

This is like some games i have, i seem to be always the one downed, hooked, downed hooked and dead in the space of the first 5 mins of the game. It is bad luck...not how "good" you are, i am rank 4....sometimes i wonder how the heck i got here....campers gonna camp, the only thing you can do if you aren't the one hooked/camped is...KEEP CALM AND REPAIR THE FU***NG GENERATOR! :) but yes, point slives matter...lets hope you got some *s

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    edited January 2019

Stop looking down at them, all I see is a few players being highly attracted to you. Appreciate their presence, give them a hug or two instead of constantly running away from them and I'm sure you'll look at them from a differenct perspective.

Some people just desperately try to get some love. Give it to them and it shall come back.

• Mushwin

@PiiFree said:
    Stop looking down at them, all I see is a few players being highly attracted to you. Appreciate their presence, give them a hug or two instead of constantly running away from them and I'm sure you'll look at them from a differenct perspective.

Some people just desperately try to get some love. Give it to them and it shall come back.

lol

• Speshul_Kitten
    Actually in two of those games the last 2 gens popped after about 10 seconds from being hooked. I died anyways.
  • Speshul_Kitten
    Orion said:

@KillerRaccoon said:

Chasing one means three Survivors were still working on generators.

I would hope so, some of those chases were 6 minutes at least. Too bad it wasn’t SWF at all.
  • Orion

@Speshul_Kitten said:
    I would hope so, some of those chases were 6 minutes at least. Too bad it wasn’t SWF at all.

And you're surprised you were camped? Since only the third hook has any long-lasting effects in the game, assuming you don't camp, it's better to take out the biggest pain in the ass ASAP.

• Mushwin

@Orion said:

@Speshul_Kitten said:

And you're surprised you were camped? Since only the third hook has any long-lasting effects in the game, assuming you don't camp, it's better to take out the biggest pain in the ass ASAP.

some people can surprise you though...all meek and pretending they are no good and then BAM they become that pain in the ass....if i am the killer and i have a good survivor, who i just can't get i go off and look for others....i have found as i am chasing them, others have done 2 gens in this time...

• Orion

@Mushwin said:

@Orion said:

@Speshul_Kitten said:

some people can surprise you though...all meek and pretending they are no good and then BAM they become that pain in the ass....if i am the killer and i have a good survivor, who i just can't get i go off and look for others....i have found as i am chasing them, others have done 2 gens in this time...

Unless they go down in 40 seconds or less, that will happen regardless.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

Sounds about console.
    I was legitimately shocked by the amount of facecamping I received while playing on playstation.

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828

My experience of being camped was usually in the lower ranks. Higher ranks it doesn't happen as much. Sometimes I get camped at the very end of the game where the gates are opened or if the killer could never catch me/hit me the entire game.

• Mushwin

@Gamzello said:
    My experience of being camped was usually in the lower ranks. Higher ranks it doesn't happen as much. Sometimes I get camped at the very end of the game where the gates are opened or if the killer could never catch me/hit me the entire game.

Can say i rarely get camped now....yes if i am the one on the hook at the end of the game and they want one kill, well fair enough...

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

who the hell face camps

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    edited January 2019

O.o if leather face is after faces he would be.
    @ToxicFengM1n said:

who the hell face camps

• Misa22
    Misa22 Member Posts: 36
    Yeah i was about to say that the lower you are in rank, the higher the chances of encountering campy killers. 

I only care about the points to keep leveling up my stuff, not even pips, so i prefer to go and hit a survivor or 2 and kick a gen instead of waiting by a hook. Even if that means that survivors are gonna teabag me cause 3 of them escaped.

If the gates are open, like in that legion case, well things change. You got caugh right before you could escape, so it is obvious he is gonna secure the points, or pips or whatever he wants. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@DwightsLifeMatters said:

A DS player......

• Morfedel
    Morfedel Member Posts: 231

after having lived through two evenings of extraordinarily toxic survivors (and I'd heard the term but never really experienced it until a few days ago), I no longer have any shame about camping.

soon as the toxic survivor ######### stops, I'll stop the camping #########.

• Orion

@Morfedel said:
    after having lived through two evenings of extraordinarily toxic survivors (and I'd heard the term but never really experienced it until a few days ago), I no longer have any shame about camping.

soon as the toxic survivor ######### stops, I'll stop the camping #########.

Good luck with that. It hasn't stopped for 3 years. You're seeing the result of it.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Orion said:

@Koriandr said:

Well if they resort to camping, unless the gates are powered, then yes you're a better player.

• Orion

@Poweas said:

@Orion said:

@Koriandr said:

Well if they resort to camping, unless the gates are powered, then yes you're a better player.

How come? Explain your thought process. Why does winning in a certain way make you worse than the player who lost to you?

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    edited January 2019

@Orion said:

@Poweas said:

@Orion said:

@Koriandr said:

How come? Explain your thought process. Why does winning in a certain way make you worse than the player who lost to you?

Ok so basically, if you've tilted a killer enough to the point that you've ran/spun them enough times to damage them (yes there are childish killers who hate getting spun trust me it's a thing they got going for them, be careful who you spin) then they resort to camping you from salt. Unless you were toxic (then you had it coming), then they are, in my opinion, worse then you. Using this to eliminate one survivor who wasn't even toxic makes them a worse player in my opinion. Because the survivor outplayed the killer and the killer couldn't handle it so they camped them. I've been in this situation but I've always held back from camping because it's not fair on the survivor, plus if they get off, you're going to get a load of salt in the endgame chat.

That's my thought process. It's definitely not correct but hey, it's my opinion :3.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Orion said:

@Poweas said:

@Orion said:

@Koriandr said:

This is not a CSGO or PUBG or LoL. This game is an asymmetrical horror game and 2 roles aren't on equal grounds.

You will pretend like you are the better player after getting looped for 5 gens for killing the person who looped you? Go ahead, pretend all you want but even if you 'won' it was because the game gave you 'more powerful' side. A survivor is not supposed to loop you for 5 generators but they were able to do so because they were the better player.

I mean we can pretend like the killer is the better player here for 'beating' the survivor and killing him but even you realize this is not the case. This is not a 1v1 game, this is a 1v4 game. At worst, the survivor won the game for his teammates and made you lose. This is the best explanation imo.

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Delfador said:

@Orion said:

@Poweas said:

@Orion said:

@Koriandr said:

This is not a CSGO or PUBG or LoL. This game is an asymmetrical horror game and 2 roles aren't on equal grounds.

You will pretend like you are the better player after getting looped for 5 gens for killing the person who looped you? Go ahead, pretend all you want but even if you 'won' it was because the game gave you 'more powerful' side. A survivor is not supposed to loop you for 5 generators but they were able to do so because they were the better player.

I mean we can pretend like the killer is the better player here for 'beating' the survivor and killing him but even you realize this is not the case. This is not a 1v1 game, this is a 1v4 game. At worst, the survivor won the game for his teammates and made you lose. This is the best explanation imo.

This words dont belong to dbd now in current state: asymmetrical horror and more powerfull role (as killer)
  • JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    Very surprised to see a P3 Nurse... oh well. Sorry to hear it. Just try not to get caught next time when the gates are available, especially if no one has died yet.
  • ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

@Orion said:

@Poweas said:

@Orion said:

@Koriandr said:

Well it doesn't fully mean that the survivor was actually better than the killer, but in most cases, they were, otherwise the killer wouldn't have to camp like that. Securing a kill by staring at a hook doesn't take any skill at all.