Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

HAD A GAME A HACKER HELD ME HOSTAGE

A hacker held me hostage and forced me to DC and eat a 5 minute penalty ban with no bloodpoints. How is this even allowed? also why would the hacker do this? I'm not a streamer so what does he get out of it? I hope this issue gets sorted out in the future because these people are mentally ill with an evil heart.

Comments

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,565

Report them, it’s the only thing you can do. Make sure to record the game if at all possible.

• itsquiet27
    itsquiet27 Member Posts: 246

I recorded them but I'm on ps5 and I don't know how to upload the clip on my laptop. Also not sure about the seconds allowed and what not. Can you even report them without viewing their steam ID? because I'm on ps5

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,565

I don’t know the process for anything other than PC, so I can’t help you there.

The forums have a “Help” section that maybe has some answers for you. Otherwise, I’m sure one of the moderators will see this soon enough.

• itsquiet27
    itsquiet27 Member Posts: 246

hopefully and thanks for the assist. I really hope these blatant hackers have a stop some day because this is just absurd. I was playing the game normally and hitting the targets and he was trying to show me he was blatantly hacking so I ended up giving up and going AFK and getting on my laptop until the match was over but he decided to keep me in game even after the end game collapse. So then I thought alright he is holding me hostage then I DC and ate a 5 minute penalty ban and now here I am on the forums complaining about it loool

• gelukrait
    gelukrait Member Posts: 172

You can upload from your PS5, do following steps:

1. Report in game (ending screen game)
    2. Create youtube account
    3. Link it to your PSN account
    4. Go to capture gallery, choose your game, choose the clip
    5. Click share button on chosen clip, then choose youtube
    6. Make a ticket report on BHVR website (https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000942011)
    7. Choose additional information -> hacker
    8. Add link in description field
    9. Open the game, get your cloud ID
    10. Fill your cloud ID and PSN ID in report
    11. Fill name of hacker in report
    12. Pray that BHVR CS will read your report and react

Source: trust me, I made 1-2 hacker reports everyday while I still played this game (due to high MMR). I stopped playing now.

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046

Just...turn off crossplay. Devs don't care about us, players. If they did, they would do something about hacking.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

The devs really could do something about it. I rarely encounter someone that is outright cheating, but people that holding game hostage, without hopping on a gen are more common.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

Still haven't seen a hacker myself after a year of playing the game! Feel like I'm missing out.

Unless I just encounter the sneaky ones who manage to pass it off as normal gameplay!

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,886

There's only been one instance where I was reasonably certain I was up against a hacker, but it was subtle. There was one survivor I just couldn't seem to close ground on nearly as quickly as I should have. Like they were moving at 105 or 110% vs. my 115. At first I thought it was just me but I got them in the open a couple times and still couldn't close ground on them.

I ended up killing them (because they weren't very good), but it was still shady. Makes me wonder how often it happens and I don't notice.