Is Boon: Shadow Step meta?

Options
WishIcouldmain
WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,081
edited November 2021 in Polls

Yeah, I don’t think so being hidden is nice but it’s more small in the potential game changing moments compared to COH. And this is why after the glitter of their initial release more people are just running COH. But, what do you think?

Is Boon: Shadow Step meta? 32 votes

Yes
21%
PleassBuiltInNoedmusstang62SakurrasadakiyoBoobaTacitusKilgoreplayhard 7 votes
No
78%
TapeKnotblue4zionanarchy753pushkinaRoboMojoWarcrafter4TatariuHannonFilthyLegionMainbm33CrowmanglitchboiFobboBwstedWishIcouldmainGannTMFantasyGuiltiiAurelleBennett_They1Them 25 votes

Comments

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options
    No

Still decent, but in my opinion at least, it's not nearly as strong as circle of healing.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,118
    Options
    No

I don't see it at all these days, so it's definitely not meta.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options
    No

Where's the "kinda" option?

It's not meta in and of itself, but because Circle of Healing is so obscenely broken it's sort of falling into the meta just because bringing both gives you two boons with no extra effort. If you had to pick which boon went on a totem instead of it being every one you have equipped then we wouldn't see Shadow Step often at all.

• Hannon
    Hannon Member Posts: 221
    Options
    No

No, it’s not really great

it might be helpful in some situation but still

not as useful as lucky break (for example)

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    No

I rarely ever see Shadowstep.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options
    No

As much as I've seen it work, I've seen it do nothing. Most high skilled killers track using sound or blood.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,976
    Options
    No

The only reason the perk isn't meta is that getting a good spot where the totem has good value is RNG.

You have good spots in main buildings that can turn an already strong building into an instant chase loss. But on the other hand you can get spawns where there are little to none LoS blockers making the perk not as good. Staying inside the zone just to block aura is not worth it most of the time and running it with CoH to counter Nurse's isn't worth it, because Nurse's isn't really meta atm either.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,547
    Options
    No

It’s good but it’s not meta. I only ever see it if it’s paired with COH and almost never by itself.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Options
    No

It's decent without being game breaking. it promotes bloodhound, which is nice.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    Options
    Yes

I wish there was a "sort of" option. If used well, it can eliminate location tools like BBQ and bitter murmur to make doing a gen much safer. Combine its scratch mark effects with COH at a decent loop and it suddenly becomes much harder to effectively catch them before they fully heal. It can be meta in niche scenarios, but alone its just better distortion.

• sadakiyo
    sadakiyo Member Posts: 281
    Options
    Yes

yes swfs abuse indoor maps + shadowsteps at high mmr in my games