¿Is it really hard to play killer side or the main killers are just dramatizing a lot?

Options
2»

Comments

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815
    Options

It's really that hard, but still worth it.

• mrmain21
    mrmain21 Member Posts: 48
    Options

The game has balance issues on both sides. Depending on which side you ask you'll get a different answer.

Both sides will continue to cry even when they win, just the nature of forums and this community I guess.

Most streamers still win most of their games but they get upset with how much harder it is than before, this applies to huge killer streamers and huge survivors streamers.

If they made maps balanced they would have to completely get rid of tactics that are too strong or would be assuming the game where balanced better, also matchmaking would have to be truly fixed.

A large issue is, with proper matchmaking and balance, the games are still going to be incredibly hard to get more than a 2k and it should be. Most people act like all the players they play against are so bad and the only reason they lose is because the other side is OP. No one on the forums EVER gets outplayed.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    Options

Sometimes "outplayed" is as simple as "favourable map and spawns". Which is not a good situation.

• mrmain21
    mrmain21 Member Posts: 48
    Options

Sure to get screwed by rng sucks and also happens to both sides. Either way im a huge believer in map rebalancing. But I was just attempting to adress the game also isn't balanced around having balanced maps. Maps need to be smaller, but at the same time people want better totem spawns, gen locations are already incredibly close on some maps. It just brings more problems and almost just makes me wonder if making map pressure easier in another way than making maps smaller.

Hard to come up with a solution that doesn't make the top end killers so much stronger and also make more killers viable.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,543
    Options

Killer Mains might be in the upper MMR bracket... so their matches feel different to those that don't only play Killer

Survivor Mains might be in the upper MMR bracket... and plus they can get a SWF group

To me it's more about the playstyles that are being played rather then the game itself

• Ussu
    Ussu Member Posts: 177
    edited November 2021
    Options

As far as I've experienced since I began playing, killers have disadvantage. It's difficult for me to get sacrifices consistently, although it depends on which killer I play and I've only been playing for 2 months. So maybe I just need more time to practice. But I often have trouble with swf teams or when they genrush. In these scenarios there are times when I don't even find survivors till after all gens pop. When I finally do get several sacrifices in one match, I can expect immediately a string of 5 or more matches with 1 or no kills. It's frustrating if you're trying to play the killer role with honest effort. Even more so when you're trying to get the tome challenges that require sacrifices.

What makes the survivors have an advantage I think is the swf situation. But bhvr can't exactly make swf impossible. It's kinda the point of this game really, for up to 4 friends to chill together for a night of co op gaming. If bhvr prevented mic use for friend groups in matches, or prevented people from inviting others to matches, most players would move on to a co op game that allows it. Bhvr really can't stop it for a game like this.

But they could stop nerfing killers.

They could also add more survivor objectives to lengthen the match a bit for killers to have more of a chance

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    edited November 2021
    Options

It is hard to play killer but its not THAT hard imo.

In stress levels yes, its much more stressful to play killer than survivor but at the same time, its 1v4 so killer needs to be harder and stressful otherwise we would have too many killers on too little survivors.

So it kinda works.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Options

It's fun, it's usually perceived as being balanced (which, as any game designer will tell you, is much more important than actual balance), and it's thrilling. I highly recommend getting in character.

as for difficulty, it really depends on the survivors and which killer you're playing, and your skill with the killer.

playing no-blink nurse against an optimal swf? hard.

playing legion against people who don't know how to mend? walk in the park.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,619
    Options

It's not hard to play killer. It's hard to win with killer. Some people, who probably never played killer, think it's just "Oh, you hit the survivors, and then you hook them, repeat, and then win." There's way more to it. You have to play around what the survivors are doing because when they play well, you have to play even better, and that still won't guarantee you getting good results. You're not in control as the killer. You doing good is dependent on you going against bad survivors. When all 4 or even 3 of the 4 survivors play optimally and use meta perks, it's almost an impossibility that you get more than 1 kill. You're never gonna be able to get 12 hooks under normal circumstances. You have to pretty much 2-hook and 1-hook people and use massive stall with perks to slow the game down, and that's just to play the game normally you know, not even putting you at an advantage. There is no dramatization in any of this. No dramatization AT ALL.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Options

no, I meant the perception of balance. if your players feel like a game is balanced, they'll have fun, even if it isn't balanced. the thing with dbd is that the perception of balance is more precarious since if one player feels like they pulled something amazing off, there's a chance the other person will feel cheated.

obviously, people have fun in different ways. (if you read any of my other posts, I'm sure you'll see my constant talk about that)

as for getting in character, I do it, it's fun, and I like it. it was just a piece of advice.

I don't mean to sound belligerent, and I hope that clears things up. :) gl in the fog!

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 884
    Options

Depends on where you play, at higher levels it's unbalanced (with the majority of killers) if you play against 4 survivors who know what they're doing. A lot of it is dramatized though, some killers were used to get 4k's most of the time and know they realized they're not as good as they thought.

It's definitely more stressful and outwearing but this is not a balance issue, it's in the nature of 1v4 games. If they would make it so that killers could chill on the map and walk around without consequences and still be able to win all matches, it would be HEAVILY unbalanced i think.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

Dropping out of high mmr or purposely keeping away from it doesn't change the fact that the game is like this. I think any streamer that plays killer on the regular will agree that the game is borked at decent mmr levels.

• Lordofweed
    Lordofweed Member Posts: 297
    edited November 2021
    Options

Original in japanese"

Translated:

Text only:

・ 2 to 3 rounds per game, each round has a character BAN

・ At the end of the match, 1 point will be given for each person executed by the killer, and 5 points will be obtained if all are executed.

-Do not use the same survivor character in the team

・ Do not use the same items and parks within the team

・ Survivors are not allowed to bring their keys, and can be used if picked up during the match.

・ Survivors are prohibited from using item add-ons

・ Killer is prohibited from using Ultra Rare add-on, only one type of Very Rare can be used

・ Prohibition of offering

Hope this helps.

Note: Tournament Rules can differ from each other. Those rules above are true for the JP Championship only.

• Zachcjjj
    Zachcjjj Member Posts: 528
    Options

i think people are incredibly over dramatic about how hard it is to play killer especially on the forums lmao

• whispersenthusiast
    whispersenthusiast Member Posts: 106
    Options

I think a lot of killer players make it more difficult than it needs to be. They focus so much on slowing down and protecting gens that they don't improve their chases and decision making. A lot of the best killers can run one or two slowdowns (or hell, no slowdowns) and still 4k against good survivors because they've perfected their mechanics in chases (for killers who need those, like Huntress or Blight) and have great decision making - they know when to abandon a chase, when to continue it, when to slug, which survivors to pressure, which gen too kick etc.

That being said, it can be very tough against SWF with voice comm coordination, however most of the struggle will come from you not being that great at killer as opposed to the SWF being a sweat squad. I'd wager only 1% of 4 stacks are that sweaty, and even fewer are that sweaty and good at the game.

• Stryker
    Stryker Member Posts: 220
    Options

You know that somethign is wrong when if a player get matched against people of his level(in term of skills), that person is certain going to lose most of the times 8/10 or will sweat alot.

the game isn't balanced and survivors clearly have way more advantages than killers, this is a fact, and the only way for the killer to actually enjoy or have a bit of fun in this game, is that he has to pray that he gets matched against soloQ/less skillful than him "players", otherwise is an unfun sweatfest for him.

so, no, killers mains aren't dramatizing, and i think the recent changes "(boon totems, deathslingher/wraith/pig nerfs) have established that.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    Options

... no? Just because the game is asymmetrical, doesn't mean that one side should be harder, and that one side should definitely not be more stressful.

And definitely not the sort of stress that the current balance engenders, which is along the lines of "I'm losing and we've barely gotten started and getting into a winning position is so much out of my control".

Which is, like, kind of backwards. The big, dangerous killer with their special powers and knowledge of where all relevant objectives are, is the one who starts off every game in a losing position and forced to play reactively more often than not. What?

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551
    Options

The MMR experience is all over the place.

When I queue up as a Killer I get survivors who is just seriously dedicated to Holding M1 and even if your first chase is really fast. Three generator pops regardless.

As a Survivor this is the type of killer you get and I've been getting escapes almost all the time.

A baby killer with below 50 hours in the game.

For context. I have 2k+ hours in the game.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

"Killer needs to be harder and stressful otherwise we would have too many killers and too little survivors"

This is an A-symmetric game myth. And has never been proven true a single time across all A-symmetric games. F-13 Jason at one point was absolutely overpowered and broken, didn't imbalance the queue. Hunter Predator on release could absolutely dive a 4 man team and clean everybody out before they even had a chance to react didn't imbalance queues on Predator. Evolve Stage 2 Wraith absolutely disgusting and very broken in a lot of stages of Evolve's life, didn't imbalance the queues. And this games Beta killers were absolutely disgusting given the ruleset at the time....and it didn't imbalance the queues. Spirit came out as an extremely powerful and easy to use Nurse....didn't imbalance the queues.

This whole "Oh well obviously this role needs to be more annoying to play and have more convoluted bullshit added in to stress the player because muh uhhhh....bad coding..."

Its BS and its Copium to deal with bad dev choices.

• Fobbo
    Fobbo Member Posts: 452
    Options

If you are a low tier killer its hard but if you play a good killer you have a chance at least thats my experience

• Impose
    Impose Member Posts: 400
    Options

The problem is that equal skill in this game does not mean equal output.

4 Survivors evenly skilled with 1 Killer. At low ranks this means a killer who can't mindgame, but also survivors who cant loop, or who play immersed and do nothing.

At mid skills this is probably when the game is at its most balanced, you get some survivors who play cautiously but dont do the things that actually make them strong. This is also where you see actual Killer mains playing the game. They can mindgame to some extent, they know how to play killer.

At high skills the game becomes so blatantly survivor sided that it actually stuns me that people think this game isn't like 90-10 survivor sided.

One mistake from killer usually means the loss of chase and at least a gen. Good survivors turn two health states into AT LEAST 2 minutes of chase. Even playing Nurse doesn't alleviate this problem. Depending on map you can just auto lose (the game, cowshed, disturbed ward, badham, haddonfield), or have a chance to win (every other map). There is no longer such a thing as a killer sided map. Besides Coal Mine and Azarovs Resting, there is no map that favors a killer. And even then those maps really only favor certain killers.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,224
    Options
This discussion has been closed.