A simple idea for make survivor afraid again

Options
OxyReap
OxyReap Member Posts: 90

It's just an idea. Don't cry or what ever. Just tell me your opinion.

While in chase, survivor can't see behind them, their screen is locked forward, or at 90°.
First : It nerf the pallet looping, it won't be safe anymore if you don't have permanent info on the killer.
Second : You will be more afraid of a killer who is chasing you, you don't know how close he is, only when red thing appear on you.

The only problem i see it's gonna be harder to juke. Maybe delete bloodlust if you had that.

What do you think ? I don't say i want it to be in the game, just want to debate on it.

Comments

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    no, they get rid of swf and they won't need to keep handicapping killers with things like this.  microphones are overpowered.  
  • OxyReap
    Options

But, it's handicapping survivors, not killers. I'm not getting your post.

• EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    microphones handicap survivors?  if you camp and tunnel, yes.  not my idea of a good time but knock yourself out.  besides, borrowed time gets them loose every time.
  • OxyReap
    Options

You should read again my post. I don't speak about mic buddy.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    edited June 2018
    Options

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    microphones handicap survivors?  if you camp and tunnel, yes.  not my idea of a good time but knock yourself out.  besides, borrowed time gets them loose every time.

### are you talking about? That has nothing to do with this thread.

@ OP: That WOULD be scary, but also as someone who always forgets to look behind themselves, you get over that pretty fast actually.

• OxyReap
    edited June 2018
    Options

@mintchapstick said:
    @ OP: That WOULD be scary, but also as someone who always forgets to look behind themselves, you get over that pretty fast actually.

Advanced players look always behind them, and pallet loop and drop pallet in last moment. If they can't see behind them like they want, it wont be safe anymore IMO

• EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    OxyReap said:

You should read again my post. I don't speak about mic buddy.

i brought it up, yes.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Options

@EpicFailTryHard said:

######### are you talking about? That has nothing to do with this thread.

take a valium, chappy.  
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@OxyReap said:

While in chase, survivor can't see behind them, their screen is locked forward, or at 90°.
    First : It nerf the pallet looping, it won't be safe anymore if you don't have permanent info on the killer.
    Second : You will be more afraid of a killer who is chasing you, you don't know how close he is, only when red thing appear on you.

The only problem i see it's gonna be harder to juke. Maybe delete bloodlust if you had that.

What do you think ? I don't say i want it to be in the game, just want to debate on it.

Just completely remove 3rd person from a survivor. This would turn DBD into an actual horror game, even if they are playing SWF
    Sure delete bloodlust if survivor runs in 1st person, that would make mindgames at pallets actually possible if he doesnt know 100% of the time where you are

• OxyReap
    Options

@Master said:

@OxyReap said:

Just completely remove 3rd person from a survivor. This would turn DBD into an actual horror game, even if they are playing SWF
    Sure delete bloodlust if survivor runs in 1st person, that would make mindgames at pallets actually possible if he doesnt know 100% of the time where you are

That's too much, it's impossible to stealth when ou don't have any clue where is the killer, and the killer gonna have 4 kills 90% of the times. That's too much imo.

• Master
    Options

@OxyReap said:

@Master said:

@OxyReap said:

That's too much, it's impossible to stealth when ou don't have any clue where is the killer, and the killer gonna have 4 kills 90% of the times. That's too much imo.

Sure it would require some rebalancing, getting rid of aura perks e.g. but it would be a start
    And yes, if you want to look around a corner, then you should have to peak ######### :angry:

• Silas
    Silas Member Posts: 307
    Options

@OxyReap said:

That's an interesting concept. Although I do think they should trash the killer's red glow too, it always seems out of place to me.

What about another mode in which everybody is playing in first person and there is no terror radius/chase music unless you see the killer on your screen or are attacked. It'd make killers overpowered, but they could balance it by spawning more survivors on the map. Then again... that would be one funky ass loading screen.

⚆ _ ⚆

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Options
    Nurse would get 4ks every game
  • switch
    switch Member Posts: 489
    Options

Or just make survivors see 1st person, this whould kill pallet looping, make survivors fear the killer.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

Or make their vision first person, like killers. Pallet looping nerfed, immersion is better.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Master said:

@OxyReap said:

@Master said:

@OxyReap said:

Sure it would require some rebalancing, getting rid of aura perks e.g. but it would be a start
    And yes, if you want to look around a corner, then you should have to peak ######### :angry:

Staring into a gen would be complete ASS. Stop making all these ideas to change the core gameplay, that almost always results in the games death. Just balance it. Add comms to solo, then hella nerf survivors. Done. Balanced. Core gameplay still as intact as it used to be. (Mute buttons obviously included, you shouldn’t have to ask about that)

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    Options

God, no. No first person for survivors. I already can't play killer very much because first person in DbD gives me really, really bad motion sickness.

I usually like first person, especially for horror, but there's just something off about DbD in first person that makes me really sick after a few minutes of playing, and I'm sure I'm not the only one with that issue.

• OxyReap
    Options

I agree, first person is too much. Just deny survivors to look right behind in chase is already huge change. So, can we go back to the subject and give your opinion.

• OxyReap
    Options

Posted it in Balance feedback. Since i got great feedback from here & steam.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/4655/great-change-for-a-better-game/p1?new=1

• Master
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

@OxyReap said:

@Master said:

@OxyReap said:

Staring into a gen would be complete ASS. Stop making all these ideas to change the core gameplay, that almost always results in the games death. Just balance it. Add comms to solo, then hella nerf survivors. Done. Balanced. Core gameplay still as intact as it used to be. (Mute buttons obviously included, you shouldn’t have to ask about that)

Well of course you can still look around in 1st person, so when doing a gen you could look around ofc
    I agree that the only true way to balance is by adding ingame voice comms, but devs said taht it is not going to happen

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Master said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

@OxyReap said:

@Master said:

@OxyReap said:

Well of course you can still look around in 1st person, so when doing a gen you could look around ofc
    I agree that the only true way to balance is by adding ingame voice comms, but devs said taht it is not going to happen

Did they really say that? So they basically publicly stated that they don’t want to balance the game
  • Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,207
    Options

Would get glitchy real quick when you snap in and out of a chase when the killer is close to you. Sounds good, doesn't work.

• OxyReap
    Options

@Nick said:
    Would get glitchy real quick when you snap in and out of a chase when the killer is close to you. Sounds good, doesn't work.

Glitch can be fixed, but I know what you mean there.