Is it banneable to milk a surv til he/she ragequits?

Options
BACKSTABBER
BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

Milking: massive tunneling, downing, catch&drop x4 times to revive, then down etc repeat many times til ragequit

not necessarily the last surv, ofc the surv has no choice to escape. neither killed/sacrificed

Comments

• TheOwl
    TheOwl Member Posts: 185
    Options

Yes. What you described is holding the game hostage for the survivor which is reportable, and bannable, under the griefing category.

If you are curious, you can find that rule here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Options
    I have done something like this to get my 4th Myers Mori for the achievement. The survivor run always to a locker to deny it, so I kept doing that over and over till I got it.
    @Peanits that's not holding hostage is it? Took like 5-ish minutes just for the last survivor 
  • PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    Options

It was the Survivors decision to deny you the mori, they were asking for it and therefore it was certainly not you holding the game hostage. They had a chance to make it end sooner.

• Timo425
    Timo425 Member Posts: 20
    edited January 2019
    Options

I was doing LF daily against a really good 4swf and caught the first survivors when gens were almost done. I just kept chainsawing that guy and letting him go.. He didn't catch on that I was doing LF daily but for some reason he said "fair killer". Go figure..

• witulo
    witulo Member Posts: 40
    Options

Just let the survivors escape, otherwise you'll be holding the game hostage. Honestly its getting pathetic...

• BACKSTABBER
    Options

@witulo said:
    Just let the survivors escape, otherwise you'll be holding the game hostage. Honestly its getting pathetic...

true, I would like a DBD only punishing hacking, nothing else

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    Options

@BACKSTABBER said:

@witulo said:

true, I would like a DBD only punishing hacking, nothing else

Just... no. No. That’s beyond ridiculous. You need to understand that taking advantage of the game purely for the sack of winning, whether it be, bodyblocking someone in the basement, or whatever; the rules we have now are good enough and fit the games overall structure. By no means should we get rid of them.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

I'm, like, 99% sure that it is, but if it's not, it should be. I hope you were reported.

• BillyBoiMain
    BillyBoiMain Member Posts: 164
    Options

Milking: massive tunneling, downing, catch&drop x4 times to revive, then down etc repeat many times til ragequit

not necessarily the last surv, ofc the surv has no choice to escape. neither killed/sacrificed

I really hope you get banned, just like Ochido.
  • redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Dude that falls under taking it hostage and griefing because you went out your way to make them quit
  • Morfedel
    Morfedel Member Posts: 230
    Options

@BACKSTABBER said:

yeah, thats bannable, and also a serious dick move.

• BACKSTABBER
    edited January 2019
    Options

Dude that falls under taking it hostage and griefing because you went out your way to make them quit

well in reality I never did to the point of ragequit, just tunneling some random

yesterday's live stream with my bubba they laughted so hard and had a great happy ending

from 3:06:00 to 3:19:00

Post edited by BACKSTABBER on
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options
    It better be.

Why tf would you do that to someone anyway?
  • BACKSTABBER
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    It better be.

Why tf would you do that to someone anyway?

because regular game is boring after 400hrs gameplay,

we had so much fun; kind of new game mode to tunnel a target and they try to defend,

since DBD has no game modes we gotta invent them

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

Yeah man, it's reportable because you are going out of your way to ruin someone's game. If I'm a survivor and you caught me fair and square, at least take your sacrifice and don't waste even more of my time. In theory you'd eventually die due to the dying state timer but this would take hours.
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

I think you need to explain what you did better. Were there multiple survivors or just one? Were you playing a public match? Were you dribbling them instead of hooking?

In that scenario, they may actually be able to sneak away and do a gen. If they were the last one with five/four gens left, that's cruel, though, if they just want to get out and are unable to get away for long enough to do anything with the gens.

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Options

I think you need to explain what you did better. Were there multiple survivors or just one? Were you playing a public match? Were you dribbling them instead of hooking?

In that scenario, they may actually be able to sneak away and do a gen. If they were the last one with five/four gens left, that's cruel, though, if they just want to get out and are unable to get away for long enough to do anything with the gens.

He said before it was not the last survivor just some random he decided to be a dick to and repeatedly slug and dribble till they quit