What has been your best or favourite moment in DBD?

Options
Mushwin
Mushwin Member Posts: 4,578

Because there is a lot of...well nagative posts, hey let's do some more positive ones! i understand some are needed, esp with bugs etc, hey i am loving the ideas a lot....but what is a great momet from playing DBD? i actually just find it nice when i am swaying arounf, wiggling about, very much blinking my torch to someone, having a nod up and down moment to someone....i do like it when i do have great team players....i know sometimes moments can't be helped....but what are your good moments?

Comments

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616
    Options

I use Dying Light on pig.
    Reverse beartrap kill and then Dying Light is active is my fav. moment.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX
    XxAtomicAlfiexX Member Posts: 395
    Options

4king as legion on ormand and getting a message saying ''you could have let me win. i never beat a legion before.''. or getting a 4k as legion on coldwind.

• Mushwin
    Options

The first time i was against the pig, with a trap and i slugged to the exit and bam my head went....poof! i very much learned my lesson then lol

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Options
    Not sure if my worst or greatest moment but one of my biggest memories is a game where i played Bubba, the first survivor was already stupid enough to try to loop an LF at the shack where the basement was, he screwed up and ALL of them were running after me trying to deny the basement hook.

They failed blocking then i took them down with single chainsaw sweep, the game lasted like a minute at best.
    They flamed the ######### out of me calling me a camper when i did not even intend to camp.
  • Mushwin
    Options

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Not sure if my worst or greatest moment but one of my biggest memories is a game where i played Bubba, the first survivor was already stupid enough to try to loop an LF at the shack where the basement was, he screwed up and ALL of them were running after me trying to deny the basement hook.

They failed blocking then i took them down with single chainsaw sweep, the game lasted like a minute at best.
    They flamed the [BAD WORD] out of me calling me a camper when i did not even intend to camp.

when i began DBD, i DID camp, i hadn't a clue what was going on, the tricks, how to do things etc, but now i don't camp....i was a baby DBD player lol

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    I had match against with the hag,
    It was just me and another survivor
    I got hooked and then unhooked
    The trap triggered and hag teleported 
    Hag came after me, I was able to dodge the first hit
    Before she could get another hit, I found the hatch and used the key 😁
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Options
    Mushwin said:

@ChesterTheMolester said:

They flamed the [BAD WORD] out of me calling me a camper when i did not even intend to camp.

when i began DBD, i DID camp, i hadn't a clue what was going on, the tricks, how to do things etc, but now i don't camp....i was a baby DBD player lol

I camped like hell when i started cause i didn't knew hooks progressed when repeatedly hooking the same person, like a 3 strikes system. That might be a reason low ranks camp, they could be more clear on that.
  • Mushwin
    Options

i got slap bang in the middle of the summer BBQ i just had no clue.....true i should of done the tutorial, but i am one of those who just go like Xena into a game! lol

• TLE_Zekaris
    TLE_Zekaris Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 11
    Options

I love it when I either mori streamers, then join their audience and say gg, finally murder obnoxious teabagging douches or find people camping the hatch to "reward" them for letting their friends die.
    Those are great things!

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    Options
    My triggered achievement came in a game with 3 dc's and it automatically took a screenshot because of getting the achievement.
  • Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Just recently, I've gotten multiple hits while blinded by Winter Party Streamers.

The ultimate team moment as a survivor: 4 man escape while being face camped by Leatherface at an exit gate hook. How did I/we escape?

A PUG managed to bait him to step 3 steps away, so my friend could unhook me and I could use my key to open the hatch right in front of me.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
    Options

When you're a solo survivor and then the match turns into an Ochido funny montage.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113
    Options

I remember one time i was playing against a camping Bubba, he killed everyone except from me, i was playing daddy Ace and the exit gates were already opened, i tried to rescue David but i didnt realize leatherface had insidious on, so he got an easy down on me, he hooked me and camp, but i kobe out of nowhere, he didnt time the hit right and i got the speed boost, i escaped out of nowhere

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited January 2019
    Options

I have two of them, both were as Doctor.

My first involved killing some fanboys of a certain streamer that a lot of people hate (I got a 4k with two gens left). They were salty after the game was over.

The second was when the game's RNG had given me five gens all on one side of the map (it was Suffocation Pit). They managed to get one of them while I was distracted, but I had still had four gens that were close to each other. My original plan was to patrol them for a few seconds and go hunting for the Survivors, but then I saw the Survivors start running towards the gens. I started hitting them, but then they started doing something that shocked me: they didn’t try to run away from the gens. They were trying to loop me near them. I got a hook and a kill in and went back to patrolling and chasing. They start running to the area with no gens, and then I decide to see how dumb they really are. I stop the chase and start patrolling the gens again. It takes about a minute or two, but I see the Survivors coming back to the gens and still trying to loop near them instead of staying away and trying to distract me or force me to leave the gens (which I probably would’ve done even without any distractions because after two minutes of patrolling I was getting really bored). I take full advantage of their stupidity and kill the rest of them (the last two stayed near each other so I just decided to go and kill them instead of waiting for them to come back to me). One of them got really salty and started sending a bunch of salty messages in Spanish that involved camping, sex with my mom, and me not having any balls. By camping, they mean I didn’t run to the opposite side of the map (that had no gens and no Survivors) to admire the beautiful scenery while the Survivor on the hook can be saved and healed. All four gens were on the same side as the hooked Survivor, so why would I leave when I know all of my objectives are in one area and the Survivors keep on coming even though they know I’m there? The salty Survivor was rank 2, so maybe I prevented them from reaching rank 1 during that game (they probably safetied or single pipped and they needed more than that. I don’t think they depipped at all, so I couldn’t have kicked them out of rank 1).

TLDR: RNG gave me a five gen strat (which turned into four), Survivors were dumb enough to keep running towards them while I was there, I took advantage of their stupidity, got a 4k, and one of the Survivors sent me typical salty messages because I didn’t mindlessly let them repair the gens.

• TheCatLady
    TheCatLady Member Posts: 60
    Options
    Narrowly avoiding death thanks to Adrenaline. I had a nurse that would've downed me for sure had adrenaline not gone off at the exact right moment. 
  • Grandkurama
    Grandkurama Member Posts: 314
    edited January 2019
    Options
    When as a killer you kill a survivor that tbag at the exit gates.

A nea did this and as the spirit I pretended to be still but with a bit of cunning I teleported to nea and I killed her with rancor ... the enjoyment
  • Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

When i just started the game, a noed trapper downed and trapped me. He went to chase out the other survivors, thinking i wouldn't be lucky enough to kobe first try and untrap myself first try (4% and 5%). Against all odds, i got super lucky and barely made it out of the other gate with him close behind, probably confused on what just happened.

Another moment was just a week ago when i got the Where did they go achievement with another solo and a 2-swf. Solo Dwight and me finished the last gen and we both ran from the pursuing Doctor, when we stumbled upon the 2-swfs. They found a key in a chest (they told us in chat afterwards) and when the last gen popped, the hatch spawned right next to them. It all happened so quickly, the gates got powered and everyone was suddenly standing at the hatch, knowing whats about to happen and we were just waiting for Docs reaction. Lucky for us, he was is in a good christmas mood and kept nodding at us and watched us from a distance, while we jumped in the hatch one by one :)

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Options
    Stomping toxic survivors 
  • Luc_ius
    Luc_ius Member Posts: 155
    Options

I met an amazing hillbilly once. The game was normal, no farming. He downed me, I used perk Unbreakable and got up. Then he killed everyone else and let me survive on his will. It was nice of him.

Something similar happened to me also with another killer, I don't remember who it was. I was the last one akive, he grabbed me and threw me on the hatch.

Everytime Myers kills me with mori, I feel betrayed because I am mainly Laurie and I always laugh thinking "how could you do that to me ? We belong together you betrayer :D"

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@Mushwin said:
    Because there is a lot of...well nagative posts, hey let's do some more positive ones! i understand some are needed, esp with bugs etc, hey i am loving the ideas a lot....but what is a great momet from playing DBD? i actually just find it nice when i am swaying arounf, wiggling about, very much blinking my torch to someone, having a nod up and down moment to someone....i do like it when i do have great team players....i know sometimes moments can't be helped....but what are your good moments?

The time I challenged myself to get a 4k game with Doctor where I could only hit people in tier 3 madness and I couldn't hook anyone unless all 4 were down. The match lasted for nearly 35 minutes and I finally got all 4 of them. After the match the group was actually rather chill about it but confused as to why I wasn't hooking anyone. We ended up meeting in another match later that day and they recognized me so we ended up farming.

• Mushwin
    Options

ever had that moment you are injured and try to resuce someone but end up begin to heal youself instead? LOL

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

100% the time I ran a Cuntress with NOED (3) after getting an adrenaline out of the basement and looped the hell out of her. She lost NOED and the guy who unhooked me got healed and both gates were opened. I teabagged her after I got to the gate without getting a single hit. I was only toxic because earlier that game, she camped 1 of my teammates when there was 4 gens left for no reason but didn't camp me. I was toxic as f but felt bad later and was confused when he said "toxic prick, wish I camped you". Literally played scummy the whole game and got mad when he got it back. But then I remembered the amount of times I've felt bad. Still the best moment I've ever had.

• NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343
    Options
    Pallet slamming the killers. Especially, Leatherface. 
  • JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

The moment I reamember the most fondly, was thinking, "Let's see what s**t Sony have given us for free with Playstation Plus" booting up this game that I had never even heard of and being blown away by how different and amazing this game is.

• Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281
    Options
    As a survivor i played against a Myers with Dying Light. I was the obsession ( no DS i'm not gay ) and he found me first. I ran him around for five gens and even evaded his tier 3, also because adrenaline kicked in right as he swung to me. Then with one clever move i evaded him and ended up right next to the hatch. The killer complimented me afterwards ( which is extremely rare on console ).

• Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281
    Options
    Oh and as a killer, i was Myers myself and did an unlimited evil within 3 with Judith's Tombstone. I didn't even had ruin but i got all the survivors, the last survivor i found near the hatch and i killed him just mere feet away from it while it was open.
  • jobasco
    jobasco Member Posts: 32
    Options

My first time getting the hatch escape via key. I was solo queuing and the person with the key was running bond. They found every survivor, gestured to follow them and led us all to freedom.

Was definitely a FeelsGoodMan moment.

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Options
    Got all survs in basment when i play canibal with insidius :) No one expect that what i play and that same with traper when ppl try save each other from basment but every one enter in trap close to basment. 
  • JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    Options
    My first match in Dead By Daylight. Using a Claudette because of her healer sort of description, and this was right after Freddy’a release. I faced a Trapper and luckily got to powering the exit gates. I run away because the Trapper was coming and, whilst I distracted the Trapper with a nearby jungle gym, a David was opening the gates. The horns blare and the Trapper smacks David... and the gates glitch so that they won’t open. We all die aside from those that got to the other gate. And all I could think was...

I love this game.
  • PsychoticItalian
    PsychoticItalian Member Posts: 23
    Options

I had a Billy on Lery's that would constantly body block then chainsaw us. He found me hiding in a shower and trapped me, but missed his chainsaw because I was running back and forth and he was trying to follow me. Smacked right into the shower wall, and I slipped past. Managed to loop him for 2 gens before he downed me.

Another one was when I was playing Myers and grabbed a survivor off a gen and I could see the other survivor they were with freak out since their head was jerking around, and then ran into a wall. After the game, they both said that I had made them jump.

I love going against most stealthy killers, it makes the game actually scary. Nothing beats that moment of "OH ######### IT'S A MYERS/PIG/WRAITH," when you don't know they're there until they're right on top of you.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options
    Two instances come to mind:

1) This was not long after I started playing.  I was Trapper, Exit Gate was open, and there were 3 Survivors still alive.  I hooked one and placed a bear trap on each side.  The other two Survivors snuck behind the other side of the wooden wall behind the hook, but I could see them through the cracks waiting for me to leave.  Right before the hooked Survivor died on the hook, they both jumped out and went straight to the hook from opposite ends.  *snap* *snap*

2) The 'ol classic for me.  Survivor with unpopped Decisive Strike makes it to the open exit gate but is downed JUUUUST short of the finish line.  I slap a Reverse Bear Trap on their head and dribble them back into the trial.  Immediate disconnect.
  • branchini1979
    branchini1979 Member Posts: 295
    Options
    Nothing tremendous happened but I was a solo survivor with 3 other solo's and without comms the team work was brilliant, careful sensible hook saves, doing gens together, distracting the killer to help break chases and I was injured and running to gate when healthy team mates went between me and killer.
    Just thought I'd post this because normally used to playing with survivors that look out for themselves
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,794
    edited January 2019
    Options

One of my favorite moments just happened the other day;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAnqWabiFo4&t=0m12s