Why is it take so much time to find a lobby as survivor?

Options

Can you notice this or its just me? It is quite unusual to me because if there is a new killer it is usually short que as survivor because of everyone want to try out the new killer.

Comments

• lovemeplz
    lovemeplz Member Posts: 84
    Options

Yesturday, survivor lobby were fast today its back to normal. The survivor meta is still op and killer try the new killer already and its not like her perk are game changing so they already back to playing survivor

• Actionjacksn
    Actionjacksn Member Posts: 186
    Options

I was a dedicated killer main with many hundred hour of playing time who just switched to survivor so i know what u're talking about, but it is still unusual to me....

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718
    Options

I'm waiting for Elden Ring. I have nothing that interests me right now. DBD has gone downhill there are too many bugged updates and unbalanced issues that have been introduced with bad map designs. They won't listen to Tru3Talent or Scott Junds balancing ideas. It's been years of lobby glitches on XBOX and bad fps. Winning takes no skill just press some buttons mindlessly, run boring meta rinse and repeat. Solo q is full of disconnecting babies. I cant do it LOL.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,339
    Options

Alot of it can be time of day, off peak in Oceania, survivor queues are fast and killers are slow, but in peak times it's the opposite.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

I can only play between 5pm - 9pm eastern and survivor takes an eternity. No biggie though got time to drink, piss, smoke, change diaper, etc before next game.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Some combination of MMR, boons, DH accidentally getting buffed alongside getting fixed, hit validation in general, a hold W perk getting added, alongside all the old complaints, bugs, toxicity, SWF etc etc. Not saying I think all these things are necessarily bad but altogether killer does feel like a bit of a chore right now, for me at least. I want to try out artist and the new perks but at the same time...meh

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

As others have said, it's because playing killer right now is frustrating, both because of the difficulty and helplessness the role can confer and due to the treatment of killers by survivor players.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    Options

Its sort of a combination of everything. The release of a new killer, the generally unfun killer experience with MMR, The overwhelming strength of boons, a sizable portion of both sides currently testing out the VHS beta, etc etc. Lots of stuff right now is causing a shortage of killers which is resulting in absurdly long survivor queue times. Combine the lower killer count with behaviors already abysmal matchmaking system and you get absurd queue times.

• Actionjacksn
    Actionjacksn Member Posts: 186
    edited December 2021
    Options

Is everyone got VHS beta key except me? πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺ Btw thanks for the answer! πŸ˜„

• Fnatic47
    Fnatic47 Member Posts: 396
    Options

I brought the new killer because of his perks its gonna be cool making my build to Nemesis :D

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

It's a little slower at night but it's like 1-3 minutes during the day

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510
    Options

For me it's fast in survivor queue during early day to evening, while it's slow killer queue. In the late evening it is slow survivor queue and quick killer. What does this mean? Nothing except maybe that more people are playing survivor with friends after work.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    Options

Play at a different time and you get instant queues.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,285
    Options

I haven't experienced a survivor queue that made me go "huh, this is taking a while" for a long time though?

Seems like I'm not alone in that either, but clearly we must all be lying πŸ™ƒ

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Ive been taking many breaks from dbd since last year. Only play when friends want to swf and they all uninstalled when sbmm was introduced. "I came" back for a bit when pinhead released but left again before boons. Been playing another play through of evil genius 2 while I wait for Endwalker.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options
  • JexxTron
    JexxTron Member Posts: 228
    Options

I have about 45 friends from many time zones. so I spy on their usage as it is interesting. in the morning, there are few survivors playing and lots of killers. ( yes I friend request killers who give me the hatch or gate) In the evening, lots of killers and survivors but I think the matches at night are more balanced. In the morning, the survivors are not paired well in skill and the killers skill level seems to be more random

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

Try crossplay on in the EU morning until 5pm (I really can't play outside those hours). Instant lobbies on survivor, I wish I could've those on killer.

Not in the EU? Just move in, 4head.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

To be fair Tru3ta1ent and Scott sometimes have bad ideas and ideas that contradict each other. They also have good feedback too, of course, but it’s not like they even agree with each other let alone always have ideas that are actually good.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

I wonder why. Maybe it's because Killer isn't fun, unless you throw multiple games in a row to forcefully lower your MMR

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    Options

If you have hundreds of hours from Killer, and have literally switched from Killer to Survivor yourself, what part of slow survivor queues is still unusual to you?

• Fuzzycube
    Fuzzycube Member Posts: 214
    Options

I find before evening it's easier to find a surivior match and after it's easier to find a killer match, although the matches tend to be quite a bit tougher.

I think it might be because more people play in groups (Survive with friends) in the evening.

• Maverick_74F
    Maverick_74F Member Posts: 159
    Options

Because when killers asked for balance changes we got a dead hard buff and a slinger and pinhead nerf.