Hackers are now more common than ever

Options
Babawizwiz
Babawizwiz Member Posts: 347
edited December 2021 in General Discussions

I played 5 games in the past day, and 3 were filled with hackers. 2 of them were survivors who were always faster than the killer, impossible to catch up, and 1 was an artist who teleported outside the map and sniped down everyone with her crows, had aura hack as well.

Ive only met a handful of hackers from almost 2 years of playing, but it feels like they're all popping out.

With epic games offering dbd for free, now everyone can just cheat and just make a new epic account. I don't know what the devs were thinking with this partnership.

This is going to be like csgo going free to play in 2018, the only difference is that VAC is a much better anti cheat and players could play in third party servers which dbd does not have.

EDIT: Didn't know the game was only free for a week, that's on me

Comments

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148
    Options

That's a reason why I'm glad I brought my mmr down.

• lovemeplz
    lovemeplz Member Posts: 84
    Options

I wonder how much time it take for a hacker to get ban and how long the ban is

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

The bans are permanent but known cheaters have said that it takes at least a week for their account to get banned.

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551
    Options

First two match of the day was subtle cheaters. Had a trickster only increasing movement speed when he's throwing knives out, He's getting shots in that would never make sense because of Distance yet he's catching up even without the shoes add on. Also stopped bothering hiding his wall hacks by the end, Probably thought no one was spectating him anymore but I was.

Had a pyramid head that was getting Bloodlust pretty fast or increasing his movement speed. He's catching up faster than any killer I faced and I've been running that same situations for years. The way he was catching up was too fast.

Also had a Plague match sometime later where her puke stayed on the generator permanently despite not puking on it anymore. It could be a visual bug or just a bug by itself though

• RoaderFrost
    RoaderFrost Member Posts: 170
    Options

Regarding the Plague. Watch the add-ons. Getting Corrupt Intervention and 2 add-on for object infection time is a good tactics. You just bleeeeeee on 4 gens and survivors have very limited options. Wait 2 minutes or get infected.

Base object infection duration is 40 seconds. Limestone Seal +20 sec, Haematite Seal +30 sec. So one bleeee sweep and gens stay infected almost for all Corrupt Intervention duration.

Guess, infected survivors can... reinfect the generator.

• Myla
    Options

Thing is she puked on the generator when on early game and this infection lasted until mid game. If the generator was infected I would have saw the green puke on it.

Here's a picture of me getting infected from this gen. I don't know if there's an add on that hides infection on an object.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140
    Options

They decided it was a good idea to put the game for free on Epic Games. So enjoy this becoming CSGO 2.0 but even worse because in CSGO they have more effective methods of detecting and banning cheaters

• Babawizwiz
    Babawizwiz Member Posts: 347
    Options

there isnt, might be a visual bug or just hacks. Definitely my first time seeing it, cause usually hackers do something stupid like straight on teleport and speed hack

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

Last night my swf partner got sick from touching a gen that wasn't green at all. We are in crossplay off lobby but that doesn't stop hackers.

• Myla
    Options

Yeah visual bug is my first thought too since the Plague didn't get any kill afterwards and a Killer's power remaining on the map isn't anything new, Clown had his smoke stay permanently on maps like The Game but you know I had two subtle hackers previously in one day so I am skeptical regardless.