Anyone Dislike Huntress?

Typically I do not hate killers in this game based on what their kit does. But Huntress, I highly dislike playing against Huntress, and playing against her. Granted, by all means, I am not the best Huntress. But there is something about ranged killers I really dislike. Huntress just feels so, brain dead, but skilled at the same time for me. When I am a survivor and I hear that hum, I groan. Wondering if anyone else feels the same as I do about Huntress. There is just something about Huntress and Legion that makes me really annoyed to go up against them. The fun from the match is instantly removed when it is these two killers. Playing as them too.

Comments

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I hate her but only because after MMR she is top most seen killer for me, even more than blight and nurse.

In fact, some days she is in 50% or more of my games.

So yea, not a big fun of her anymore

• RoaderFrost
    RoaderFrost Member Posts: 170

I don't like Huntress without style. She is much creepy with that "goat" skin. So adorable when hatchet's fly past you.

Huntress is easy recognisable by lullaby and somewhat scary because of that. With Monitor and Abuse she can walk to you too close for comfort.

Mostly I'm not sure what to expect about Huntress perks, but if I check the locker and find Iron Maiden been used... I can almost feel that hatchet flying into my back.

She is slow, but hard to play against. Still it's fun.

• Fobbo
    Fobbo Member Posts: 452

She is not that fun to go against but she is not the worst

• RoachesDelight
    RoachesDelight Member Posts: 312

I'm on the fence about Huntress, for me it's because she's so common for my games as of recently so I'm just sort of sick of going against her.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,291

I don't mind Huntress, outside of the hitbox issues on her hatchets. They're so absolutely massive that they can phase through solid objects and are open to wilful abuse, and that deserves some fixing.

Outside of that, I've never had much issue with Huntresses.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Huntress and Pinhead are the most boring killers to go against imo.

I'd rather go against 1000 nurses and blights and spirits than face those 2.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Yes. I see her almost every match and her hatchet hit boxes are the size of a bus.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,700

she's the most common killer I go against and yeah her hatchet hit boxes are busted.

• lkalin91
    lkalin91 Member Posts: 150

I got over 3k+ hours and only played huntress once to realize I would never enjoy playing her

I don't mind playing against her ,but the hitboxes have always been atrocius

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I don’t hate Huntress but overall I like playing the melee killers more than the ranged ones. And since I don’t play her very often I’m a bad shot as well which probably just reinforces me not enjoying playing her as much as a melee killer.

• BabuDweet
    BabuDweet Member Posts: 556

I main huntress, and I like going against her but if they're like god tier then I don't like her cause I get my ass handed to me😂

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

my 2nd most hated killer right after Blight. These australia sized hatchets are not fine

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

Very not fond of playing against her in Blood Lodge.

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 968

THE ONLY THING I HATE ABOUT HER THE HATCHET HITBOX -makes me feel like I'm dodging boomerangs really big boomerangs😅

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

She really need a buff. I think her lullaby just gives too much info to survivors. She's too slow. Her hatchets arent in lockers when she isnt the killer anymore. Little twigs in trees shatter her hatchets into oblivion. Her mori needs an update. Her teachables are pretty bad. Some maps you have to travel to another realm to find a locker. Her constant humming makes it hard to hear survivors. I think she's weaker than clown at this point.

• SudoK7
    SudoK7 Member Posts: 68

I love playing as and against her. It's fun junking out hatchet throws but i will admit her Hatchet hitbox is a little too big. I remember one time I had threw a hatchet at a suruivor who was vaulting a window and after it hit them even tho they had already made out the window behind the the side of the shed.

• BadLooperQ
    BadLooperQ Member Posts: 277

You sir have good taste for disliking Killers. Blight is my #1 most frustrating killer to go against. And they seem to be spreading way more than the average Huntress, Pinhead or Nurse in my matches.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

I hate the refrigerator sized hatchets she can throw at you sometimes. But generally I have no issue with her.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

Huntress isn't even close to brain she's top 3 killers with the highest skill ceiling.

• Citrusfruit
    Citrusfruit Member Posts: 73

Yeah, I don't hate huntress as a concept, I just hate it when a hatchet hits the air six feet from my body and I go down. :|. I have the same problem with twins, I don't mind going against the killer so much as I hate the hitboxes combined with the killer having bad ping.

I'd be ok if they gave her more hatchets to compensate, but if anything needs to get validated, it's a huntress hatchet. I hear a hum and it's just... "Oh, it's going to be one of those games..." and the problem is, I don't think she's OP in the slightest, and I wouldn't mind the hits as long as they look like they actually hit me.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

Her hit boxes are something else I gotta admit. A scary huntress is one that can snipe you from shack to that gen in the cornfield.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

I don't like her because I don't think a killer should have the ability to down someone from across the entire map. I realize it takes some skill but it's still stupid IMO.

• AstroLive8333
    AstroLive8333 Member Posts: 160

Agreed. I also understand it takes skill, but at the same time, the survivor gets downed without hearing the heartbeat. She should be slightly nerfed, and have it take 2 hits to down someone, and also have a 50% to find a hatchet in a locker, not having her find it every time

• BigChapAlien21
    BigChapAlien21 Member Posts: 250

Generally don't like playing against her. I haven't grasped how to loop or avoid her effectively. It also doesn't help that a huge majority of Huntress players I go against are heavy tunneled and campers which, while are fair strategies, suck to be on the receiving end of.

I run into more camping Huntresses than camping Bubbas.

• SloppyVoldemort
    SloppyVoldemort Member Posts: 452

I dislike the humming all the time, it gets really annoying after 2 matches against her.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

Nah I love playing against Huntress. It's just sad that I never get the chance to play against her because apparently, no one plays her

• dallasmedicbag
    dallasmedicbag Member Posts: 571

I just hate the fact that they made her lullaby non-directional, like why? the lullaby is coming from her vocal chords so why in the hell is it non-directional? is the entity the one singing the lullaby?

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,535

The lullaby is kinda annoying after these years - i wish they would add two other songs or so for her to have some variety.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,264

You described my exact feeling when I play against her.

I don't like her humming and the instant hitting through windows and pallets.

I don't know if I'm bad at avoiding ranged weapons but she is destroying me every time.

The artist kinda reminds me of her, i dislike them equally.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

As a Huntress main ill give some advice.

Her Hatchets can hit like a fridge or they can get stuck on a piece of grass and miss, that goes both ways.

If go through a window or pallet duck instantly or go left or right instantly. These things do not help you outrun a Huntess.

Hard looping is your friend, Huntress has a slower movement speed to make up for her long range shooting. You need to hump those rocks/trees whatever to keep distance.

Her skill level is high but so are the rewards.

Watch a master huntress in action. Which can show her potential.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

I don’t mind Huntress, it’s more that if I see her more than once or twice in a day I just get bored of her.

A couple months ago I had a streak of like 4 days where nearly half of my survivor matches were huntresses and I just wanted to see literally any other killer.

And it’s really just huntress too, eg. I never get bored of blight, but I see him all the time.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

Spooky atmospheric killer powers: you can hear them doing things but they could still be anywhere

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 998

Beachball hatchets that magically hit you behind objects while not touching your visible character model are pretty annoying.

Otherwise I don't mind Huntress.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I don't like to play her since my aim is terrible, but I'm one of the few who genuinely enjoy chases with her.

Huntress chases are some of the most fun, and thrilling chases to me yet. Dodging hatchets is stupid satisfying.