Does the demogorgon have an understanding of why it's in the Entity's realm?

Options
DarkAbsence
DarkAbsence Member Posts: 1
edited December 2021 in General Discussions

I was thinking to myself of this very question this morning, when I logged on and went up against a Demo. I'm personally a very big fan of Stranger Things, and I started questioning Demo's understanding/mindset of what it does. Clearly in the Entity's realm, just like any killer, well... It kills survivors. But does Demo even know why it's in the Entity's realm or what it's doing?

Demo's Trailer: http://fumacrom.com/37oyT

Comments

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure the Demogorgon was just being controlled by the Entity and was just mindlessly following tasks.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    Options

I consider him a little baby like the monster from Cloverfield. He just acts on instinct and has no malice.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    Options

It is kind of strange that Demo is carrying and hooking survivors. If Demo was running purely on instinct, it'd just be eating everyone.

For that alone, I'd say the Entity has to have either conditioned it or actively commands it.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

Demogorgon doesn't need explanation, it needs food

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,494
    Options

My personal canon is that the Entity and The Mind Flayer were roomates back in their college days when they were attending Lovecraftian Horror Community College and Demo was on-loan from the Mind Flayer.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,498
    Options

Of all the questions.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,958
    Options

I'm pretty sure it has the mind of an ordinary animal but is extremely vulnerable to being mind-controlled. The Mind Flayer and the Entity use this to their advantage.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    Options

Its an animal. A power lifting psychic humanoid animal, but still an animal. it has no greater understanding of why its in the trials than maurice does.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,382
    Options

I’m not even sure whether it even realises something is different.