If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

New Killer Concept - The Leerer

Options
lethargicsauce
lethargicsauce Member Posts: 87

(Based on Otz’ wish for a camera-using killer)

Time in-game when I started this concept: 192 hours

Time in-game when I finished this concept: 213 hours

(Trigger Warning for anyone who may get affected by stalking and generally creepy behavior)

Paragraph #??: Say Cheese!

The Leerer:

Terror Radius: 24 meters

Speed: 4.4 m/s (110%)

Difficulty: Intermediate

Height: Average (5 foot 6 inches)

Weapon: Mic Pole (a microphone rod with heavily worn mic foam and a broken end)

Successful Basic Hit Animation: The Leerer adjusts his hold on the Mic Pole and adjusts a volume wheel.

Mori: (I don’t have an idea for this yet, if something comes to mind I’ll do it, but I’d take suggestions too!)

Locker Grab Animation: Regular for male survivors. However, for female survivors, The Leerer runs his fingers down the side of their face before grabbing them.

--------

Power: Phantasmal Polaroid;

You have 6 Phantasmal Polaroids that can be placed around the map. Placing a Phantasmal Polaroid takes 4 seconds, and picking it back up takes 2 seconds. When a survivor moves within 16 meters in front of a Polaroid, and within a 45 degree arc, the camera flashes. When a survivor has been flashed, they suffer from the Exposed status effect for 25 seconds. Their aura is also revealed to you for 6 seconds. There is no limit to how many survivors a camera can flash at once. After flashing, the camera goes on cooldown for 35 seconds. At any time, you may pick up a Phantasmal Polaroid. If you flash yourself with the camera (basic attack when using Live Feed, more on that later), you are given the Haste (+5%) status effect for 8 seconds.

--------

Special Ability: Live Feed;

At any time, you may look at a Phantasmal Polaroid and press the secondary ability key to possess it. When a Phantasmal Polaroid is possessed, you can look through it. While looking through a camera, the amount you can turn is limited to 180 degrees total. Whatever direction you are facing when you exit the camera is the direction it will be left facing.

--------

The Leerer’s Teachable Perks:

Stalker: After looking at your Obsession for 30/25/20 seconds (with the “looking arc” being a 35 degree arc), gain a token, up to a maximum of 4 tokens. Tokens are not built up while in chase with the Obsession. A token is consumed upon putting a survivor into either the Injured state or inflicting them with the Deep Wound status effect. When a token is consumed, the aura of the survivor closest to them is revealed in a range of 18 meters, and if the revealed survivor is hit with a basic attack, they will be inflicted with Deep Wound. This effect lasts for 10/15/20 seconds.

Scourge Hook: Fly on the Wall: When a survivor is unhooked from a scourge hook, every survivor suffers from the Oblivious status effect for 8/16/24 seconds and cannot see your Red Stain.

Hex: Paparazzi: When your Obsession enters your terror radius, Hex: Paparazzi activates after 5 seconds. This perk stays active for 15/25/35 seconds. During this time, all survivors in your Terror Radius have a Killer Instinct effect, and the aura of your Obsession is revealed, along with them suffering Oblivious for its duration. When the Obsession enters your Terror Radius, all survivors that are also in your Terror Radius (along with the Obsession) suffer from the Exposed effect for as long as the perk stays active.

--------

The Leerer’s Add-ons:

Brown Add-ons:

Acid-Caked Battery:

Considerably increases camera flash cooldown (+15 seconds).

Gain 100% more Bloodpoints for usage of Phantasmal Polaroids.

Lens: Flaked Flint:

Phantasmal Polaroid flashes inflict Blindness for 25 seconds

SD Card: Winter:

Allows for Phantasmal Polaroid to have fully 360 degree control when using Live Feed

Tabloid:

Increases the range of camera flashes moderately (+3 meters and +20 degrees)

Yellow Add-ons:

Lens: Plastic:

Phantasmal Polaroid flashes inflict Mangled, which lasts until the affected survivor is healed

SD Card: Spring:

Survivors who have been flashed give off the Killer Instinct effect for 18 seconds

Lithium Battery:

Considerably decreases camera flash cooldown (-15 seconds)

Tattered Mic Foam:

When using Live Feed on a Phantasmal Polaroid on cooldown, its cooldown immediately ends

Flash Powder:

Increases the duration of status effects caused by Phantasmal Polaroid flashes considerably (+10 seconds)

Green Add-ons:

Lens: Abraded Glass:

Phantasmal Polaroid flashes inflict Deep Wound, but decreases the duration of Exposed moderately (-10 seconds)

SD Card: Fall:

After being flashed, survivors suffer a 30% penalty to repairing and healing speeds for 20 seconds

Lens: Smudged Glass:

Phantasmal Polaroid flashes inflict Oblivious for 25 seconds

Photo: Through the Window:

After placing a Phantasmal Polaroid, survivors in your terror radius give off the Killer Instinct effect for 8 seconds

Restraining Order:

After a survivor has been flashed, reveal the auras of all other survivors for 4 seconds

Purple Add-ons:

Lens: Crystal:

Phantasmal Polaroid flashes inflict Hindered (-5%) for 25 seconds, but decreases the duration of Exposed moderately (-10 seconds)

SD Card: Summer:

When using Live Feed, survivors in a 16 meter range around the Phantasmal Polaroid will have their aura revealed

Photo: In the Shower:

After placing a Phantasmal Polaroid, every survivor in your terror radius suffers from Hindered (-8%) for 12 seconds

Autograph:

You spawn with 2 more Phantasmal Polaroids

Iridescent Add-ons:

Lens: Iridescent:

Phantasmal Polaroid flashes inflict Exhausted for 25 seconds, but decreases the duration of Exposed moderately (-10 seconds)

Selfie with Her:

Decreases the amount of Phantasmal Polaroids that you spawn with tremendously (-4), but they will instantly put survivors into the Dying State when flashed

Comments

• pimin
    pimin Member Posts: 51
    Options

Okay I love this concept and good on you for doing so well with the power.

Small Criticisms:

The Perk Balance is too far in the killer's favor with Stalker and Hex: Paparazzi

I'm going to outline a couple changes I'd make just to make it fairer for survivors and explain why. You can take these with a grain of sand.

Stalker:

• Aura reading is more powerful on a killer than you realize. As such I suggest lowering the time it shows auras and putting a limit on the range of the reading. 6/8/10 for the aura reading, and roughly 16 meters for the limit.
    • The Effect cool down is nice but unneeded, in general if your chasing/ injuring the obsession you won't again unless you let them escape heal up and return to annoy you.
    • The exposed effect doesn't need to be there. according to what the perk does you have to injure the Obsession to make it activate in which case the exposed effect wouldn't matter unless they get a last second adrenaline.
    • you have too many things that tier up. generally speaking, you should keep a minimum of 1-2 things tiering up and the rest should be constants.

Hex: Paparazzi:

• So, I would again say Aura reading is a little too powerful but as this is a Hex, I can let this slide though. Maybe replace Aura with Killer instinct for the non-Obsession survivors, as the Obsession is the one that activates it.
    • Again, this cool down is very unneeded. Hexes don't need cool downs due to a sense of the fact they can be bricked in under 30 seconds if the survivors are lucky enough.
    • A little wordy and i had to read it like 4 times to fully understand the effect. (No slight against you)

Fly on the Wall:

• Oblivious and Undetectable are pointless to be run together. just a small thing.
    • Maybe give a short (very short) aura reading when the survivor is unhooked centering on the hook. 3 seconds with a range of 12/16/20 meters

• lethargicsauce
    Options

Tried to fix some of the issues you raised, I hope it's better this way.

• lethargicsauce
    Options

Looking back on this concept, I have absolutely no clue how Hex: Paparazzi made it off the drawing board in its current form. It's insanely overpowered. No cooldown or downside whatsoever, and no skill required to use it.