Other cheaters may get ME banned on DbD

Options
GoshJosh
GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

This is a new one. Just had a cheating survivor changing my health state while nowhere near me. Along with flying around with a flashlight shining on the whole map, the whole deal. BHVR, what guarantee do I have action won't be taken against me? And when do you plan to take action against these blatant cheaters?

Comments

• TimeMonster
    TimeMonster Member Posts: 152
    edited December 2021
    Options

Nah - it is not so bad...

I had a cheater once. I tried to follow hes profile and it redirected me to TrU3Ta1ent profile. Kinda be bad if in attempt to report one - someone else get ban because of this

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    Options

There are losers everywhere.. i can understand cheating in a single player game it can be fun, but in an online game.. bothering everyone else, lying to yourself.. because they aren't good if they are cheating, this people have serious issues. I wish we had a better anti cheat.

We can only "detect" the obvious visible hacks, but how many people is there playing with a 5% or 3% increased speed to not get so noticed, wallhacks and more shits we don't even imagine?

• Iliketoplaykiller
    Iliketoplaykiller Member Posts: 352
    edited December 2021
    Options

Maybe you queued with a friend thats cheating? You know guilty by association.

• GoshJosh
    Options

I was solo queue. I’ve seen plenty of cheaters recently, but never quite like this one.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,407
    Options

Had someonelike that a few days ago as well. I heard Bill (the hacker) land next to me when I got healed from down to full, whilst I couldn't see him. Guessing they just turn themselves invisible and teleport straight to you to pick you up.

• GoshJosh
    Options

Yeah, I thought it was just a map bug when I first saw random flashes of white light. Then I was suddenly full healed when using a medkit on myself when I had only been about 3/4ths done. Then I saw him harassing the killer and basically just stopped playing. Let the Entity take me. Poor guy (killer) even ran a Sacrificial Cake.

• Iliketoplaykiller
    Iliketoplaykiller Member Posts: 352
    Options

That hilarious then, not for you but that the hackers that Behavior can't even properly ban. Kind of sad if they aren't banning the actual hacking accounts.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,021
    Options

As long as they keep using easy anticheat hacks will keep happening so the only way for them to banned the right people is repeat offenders. So if you had nothing to do with it then i wouldnt worry too much

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

I wouldn't worry about it, the amount of "evidence" they require would clear you if you weren't being sus.

• GoshJosh
    Options

Glad to have just run into a lobby with this same fellow. Same name and character, amazing swift action to ban blatant cheaters by BHVR.

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551
    edited December 2021
    Options

I made a similar post about this but it seemed like their team are making it sure that people aren't false banned along with cheaters. Also haven't seen a false ban yet.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

I've had the same thing happen to me and those losers in end game chat said I was the one doing it. It's ridiculous.

• SammehStormborn
    SammehStormborn Member Posts: 147
    Options

Unfortunately they get so many tickets from players reporting cheaters/hackers as well as tickets for reports that shouldn’t be filed in the first place, and that’s what takes longer to get bans on actual hackers.

i play on xbox, and got accused of cheating a couple if weeks ago - got reported to xbox and I assume, BHVR, I know this because I had messages from the other xbox player. Needless to say xbox didn’t so anything because I wasn’t hacking (I don’t even know you can on console). The reason? No one is good on hag. Lol.

anyway - today, I actually did face my first hacker, clipped it, and reported it. I thought it was a different survivor at first seeing them instantly get up in front of me - but it was obvious who it was as the game progressed… I’m not expecting immediate action/bans, just because of examples like above. People report for the sake of being salty and angry. People send tickers for non-issues. Until people can just move onto the next game and only report when they should be, rather than out of anger, it will take longer than it should.

• sadakiyo
    sadakiyo Member Posts: 281
    edited January 2022
    Options

the same ######### happened to me and he gave us abillities to insta repair the gens and he was flying around map.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    Options

EAC doing its job like always

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    Options

I think that might be one of the worst takes on the issue I've ever seen. And I'm of similar mind that the competitive aspect of the game is a joke.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited January 2022
    Options

Whoever this is has been posting on other threads hinting that they are a cheater with their "40 epic accounts". just ignore and summon a mod* and move on. no need to give the attention they crave.