Lobby abuse by killers

Options
wimlin
wimlin Member Posts: 30
edited December 2021 in General Discussions

Joined a random pug and we happened to all pick Mikela Reid because 3/4 already had her. We did not know eachother and weren't even an swf(not that it should matter). 2 Killers dodge lobby then third decides to go except he DCs during match loading. Now I have to wait in another 10 min queue while the killer gets no penalty at all for intentionally starting the match and dcing during loading. Yet I get a penalty if I dc the last hook because some killer double tunnel and camped the hook on me just to let them know how I feel about their gameplay. How does your system of fairness make any sense whatsoever? At the very least a disconnected load should give the people who didn't disconnect an instant queue.

Comments

• SomberNokk
    SomberNokk Member Posts: 732
    Options

You uhhh... You want BHVR to patch in more killers into queues..?

• jinx3d
    jinx3d Member Posts: 519
    Options

Its the same for surv. if a survivor dcs while loading it ends the match for everyone. Its not bias, and it doesnt need a punishment because youre not ruining a game that hasnt started and wont start

mikaela has some of the best perks in the game atm, imagine that 4 times, nobody would want to play against that

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968
    Options

Honestly its been long enough that now I just assume all survivor teams are all running 4 boons no matter the character. And I'm usually 50-75% right every game.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

I had a teammate quit during loading like 2 weeks ago....lol it happens often but this one sticks out. 2 anni cakes and a party streamer while I brought a yellow cake with WGLF. My mouth was watering and boop to endgame screen.

I sent the DC a message just joking around "Really? You suck ass right now" got 24 message ban.....SMH in 12 years of xbox live I get my first ban for sucks ass.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974
    Options

Having 4 of the same person is a headache to anyone trying to play fairly, according to survivors, or avoid wasting time with the glut of State Farm Accident Forgiveness perks. The thought of having 4/5 totems blessed and reblessed then blessed again and reblessed once more really sucks.

The way around it is boring and ineffective. Target switching to build pressure would be a joke. You can't rely on avoiding the just unhooked person tanking a hit with borrowed time. It's a situation primed for abusing the mechanics intended purposes.

That is why it's good to have a backup ready to go. If I enter a lobby and something like that happens I tend to not be so mean to the person that changes. If they want to be indistinguishable from each other I'm not going to try to be decent.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,732
    Options

Four of the same character hints towards a 4-man SWF and also makes it so that it's harder to tell people apart (meaning you can't easily track things like hook progress, or which person has what exhaustion perk in chase.) A lot of killers don't like dealing with that. Then you have the added guarantee of 4 CoHs with Mikaelas, and yeah, I'm not surprised people bailed. It's similar to seeing 4 TTVs or 4 toolboxes; you know it's going to be a frustrating match and not everyone wants a piece of that.

Now, a killer that intentionally DCs on load is a dick (assuming it wasn't server problems, because those are a thing right now.) I'll give you that. But why are you disconnecting when you're about to exit the game anyway? Literally the only thing you're doing is giving yourself a penalty and giving up your points. The killer doesn't care. You're actually giving them more emblem score by disconnecting whilst on hook - it counts as both a sacrifice and a DC and gives two quantities of points. Twice I've gotten an adept achievement because somebody DCed while they were being death hooked.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    Options

Killers will look at 4 of the same survivor and assume its a SWF.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,605
    edited December 2021
    Options

Same outfits?

I usually dodge a lobby with three or four identical characters because it's difficult to know who is who and maybe I'm chasing the one I don't want, the only one I know who is, is the obsession. Also the presence of three or four identical characters frequently means toxic premade.

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046
    Options

Who would play against Mikaelas? CoH is a too strong stupid perk atm and it's very unfun to play against it.

• FrndlyChnswSalzmn
    FrndlyChnswSalzmn Member Posts: 705
    Options

I see too many identical characters, an obvious 4-man SWF or multiple flashlights and I'm out. Two or more Mikaela's is a nope too; reduces the odds of a bajillion boons.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285
    Options

Really strange indeed, no idea how this bug remained for so long in the game.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    edited December 2021
    Options

Sigh.

If I see a lobby full of the same character, I generally dodge. It's like teams that switch to a full item loadout just before the match starts.

It gives you a surprising advantage over the killer as much harder to remember/figure out how many hook stages a player has before committing to a chase with them.

Just...don't do it.

I must say that I haven't encountered that bug, but my dog does have a weird habit of walking in and dragging me off to the kitchen to feed him the second I see one of these offerings.

• Ghost077
    Ghost077 Member Posts: 713
    Options

How many matches did you dodge when you saw the hidden offering before Mori was nerfed?