Adept Killer achievements on Steam should be reworked

Options
erenn
erenn Member Posts: 9
edited December 2021 in General Discussions

As a survivor one can escape the trial using the hatch and still count that as an escape & naturally "Adept Survivor", however there are so many things that are expected from Killers to do in order to get the Adept Killer achievements.

Some of them are even self-sabotaging to some extent, forcing Plague to be M1 killer during the match, since I'm one shotting people with one hit after they reach maximum infection I'm not able to get much score in "Hits"

I haven't been able to get Adept with Hag as well despite getting many 4k matches. Even got 0 pip in the end.

This achievement wants you to get 2 pips, which is ridiculous as itself.

Maybe 3 or 4 kills should count as "Adept Killer"?

Comments

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

You can even earn survivor adept if the killer DCs!

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

You should only try for them after grade reset. You can earn merciless killer with less Iri emblems when you're at the lowest grades

• erenn
    erenn Member Posts: 9
    Options

Oh I remember getting Adept Killer with 2-3 gold emblems if I recall correctly, so that's why. Since I hit Red grades, the game expects me to get 4 Iri emblems to achieve Merciless Killer.

Thanks

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,738
    Options

that's exactly how I got Adept Elodie, the killer disconnected at the beginning of the round and I got it.

• Snowstruck
    Snowstruck Member Posts: 564
    Options

Especially since it basically makes it so you have to get the 4k, yet gives a 50/50 endgame mechanic regardless of how well you do (the hatch), so if the survivor finds hatch you're basically done for lol

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,738
    edited December 2021
    Options

It really was, but about your post:

They do need to make some major edits to the adepts

Adept survivor shouldn't be achieved by killers disconnecting because you didn't escape, hatch I can accept but still find it annoying

Adept killer should be 4 kills, there is no reason for it not to be at this point. I believe I heard somewhere it used to be like that, but they changed it because at the time the achievement was 4 kills, mori's worked so you didn't have to hook survivors even once. Well, now they aren't like that, now you have to be dead on hook already in order to be mori'd. It should be reverted back to 4 kills.

Some people say "Oh you can't change them because they're still possible and they aren't allowed to change achievements unless they're impossible to do anymore." Well, they've changed adepts when they were still possible (and from what I hear, they were changed twice) and they changed the Stranger Things achievements while they were still possible. So that's complete bs. (Stranger Things I can see the reasoning being that all platforms knew it was soon not going to be possible and that's why they were changed, but the mori thing is really like "Yeah they don't care if it's possible or not")

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,123
    Options

The Devs will say they can't change achievements unless its no longer possible to complete them.

Yet the killer adept condition has changed several times throughout the years.