The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I'm still having fun playing killer

I mostly play Plague and Artist and every few games I'll switch it up to either Pig, Pinhead or Demo. Thinking about getting back into Pyramid Head as well. Idk maybe I'm masochist or whatever but I do enjoy the challenge.

I play every game to win although some games I lose and some games I just get completely blown away and there's nothing I can do about it. Having to sweat or try hard doesn't really get to me and when I lose I just reflect on what I did and what I could have done better. Yes there are times where no matter what I do I lose and I totally understand how that's frustrating and you shouldn't exactly be completely helpless no matter what to do.

The biggest thing that I've learned is the start of the match has a huge impact on how the match will play out. Once survivors start to get momentum going the match can be over before it even gets going. My current build for most killers is Corrupt to slow down the early game, Deadlock so that when a gen does pop I know where I need to target next, Thrilling Tremors for the same reason as deadlock, and Ruin for that extra bit of gen defense which I sometimes switch out to try out other perks.

But yeah idk I'm still having fun as killer and probably always will.

Comments

• BabuDweet
    BabuDweet Member Posts: 556

I have fun cause I don't play killer like my life depends on it.

Majority of killer mains play to 4k and sweat so they just have been complaining way more cause of boons and mmr. (at times I agree but lately it's been exaggerated beyond belief.)

This will get to people but that's just my opinion and how I see it.

Glad you're to still having fun!

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

I still have tons of fun on Plague,Legion and Nemesis. If I need to destress I'll play a round of body block pig with rancor.

I just find myself having to get over some kind of anxiety barrier.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,864

Spirit and Artist are about the only killers I’m having fun with. I find other killers enjoyable but if BHVR removed Spirit and Artist from the game now, I definitely will quit killer or the game all around.

• RoachesDelight
    RoachesDelight Member Posts: 312

I miss going against old Spirit. I liked always having to be on my toes and having to make the right reads and mind games.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,045
    edited December 2021

Ever since they widened the region-connection for matchmaking, I've been getting matches where I rubberband all over the place pretty frequently. It really kills my motivation to play when I'm in an incredibly stressful and tense match, and a game-changing, perfectly aimed prediction Punishment of the Damned suddenly comes out three metres to the left as I am teleported away. Every single chase. Multiple times a chase.

There's also the fact they killed my main Deathslinger, and then Pinhead who I was enjoying a lot got nerfed, and Twins are dead in the water with their bugs and the current meta. Pyramid Head is the only viable killer I find fun and play consistently now. I adore playing Ghostface and Clown, but Ghostface's big 99% stalk snowball hardly works when the entire team spreads out and Clown is Clown.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

So many people sleep on plague lol. She has so much going for her. I been playing her a lot lately and she is super fun.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

I normally enjoy killer but I have been playing Legion today because mine has a ton of survivor puddings and I am not having a good time even if I 4k. It might just be one of those days. I also do not run any gen slowdown to challenge myself so it only takes a few mistakes to lose the match. I think I need a break tonight and will relax with some Chorus.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

This was one of my favourite things about old spirit. The guessing game that could go either way.

Sigh she's still ok just easier to read and that's less fun to play against.

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968

Honestly as killer I don't bother killing survivors and I've found the game to be a lot more enjoyable. Just get my 8 hooks and then farm.