You're literally walking around in inflatable snowmen...

Options
Leachy_Jr
Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,137
edited December 2021 in General Discussions

Please for the love of god stop making it about balance when people are just trying to have a fun time. An event where you walk around at snails speed in a snowman in the entities realm is not to be taken seriously.

If you have that much of an issue balance-wise about snowmen, feel free to use Bubba or STBFL which gives stacks when hitting them.

Please just have fun.

EDIT: K ghostface is the exception being able to remove exposed status is BS.

Post edited by Leachy_Jr on

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,221
    Options

Seconded.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,221
    Options

I do agree that powers like Doctor's shock should still let both parties get the cosmetics, though, that seems like an oversight.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Thanks, but no. :P

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

This.

It's difficult to say 'just have fun with it' when the event actively interferes with the flow of a match, generally favoring one side. Like it or lump it, this game is more competitive than 'fun' at the best of times - and if you want to make it more of a chill time then both sides need to be on the same page.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

This game manages to be both fun and miserable at the same time, and the event sort of enhances this.

That said - people are allowed to have their own opinions on it and provide feedback as per these opinions.

My own opinion is that it's a cute idea, but badly implemented.

• TAG
    Options

But that seems to just be ignoring criticism of the event. You don't just listen to the people who are enjoying things and push aside those who don't. You just end up with an echo chamber.

• Wiitab360
    Wiitab360 Member Posts: 105
    Options

Yeah, this. I'd be much easier to "have fun" if it didn't impact normal gameplay to the extent that it does in favor of one side.

• TAG
    Options

I think part of the disconnect here is that the people who are enjoying the event are not enjoying it for the same reasons as the reasons other people have for disliking the event. So when the people who dislike the event vocalize their complaints, the people who are enjoying it don't think much of it because it's not something that they themselves have an issue with. As such, their response is to assume that the logic of the complainers doesn't make sense and to tell those complainers to suck it up.

• Thunderfrog
    Thunderfrog Member Posts: 216
    Options

Not really, no. The devs made a decision. You are free to play or not.

• TAG
    Options

I asked why their input doesn't matter, not whether it does.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,287
    Options

And again, for those who they don't like it, it's their own problem. No one is forcing you to play.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

Who is having fun, though? Because the survivors I've come across only use the snowmen for the protection hit, then go right back onto gens. I keep seeing comments about the 'fun' this event brings, but in my games, that isn't happening.

• TAG
    Options

That logic to me just seems dismissive in a way that can apply to literally any complaint. I don't think it's fair to ignore valid criticism.

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

So feedback to a bad decision doesn't matter?

Please, this is just childish.

• Thunderfrog
    Thunderfrog Member Posts: 216
    Options

Stop it. Whats happening isn't feedback, its bitching in post about snowmen. There's literally one thread in the feedback forums. Large difference between ..

OMFG SURVIVOR SIDED BS F ALL THIS ######### and making a thought out post in feedback.

• TAG
    Options

How would one be able to vocalize the issues OP has with the event in a way that could meaningfully be described as "feedback?"

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

Maybe design an event that's fun for both sides? You don't get to defecate in my cereal and then scream I should be happy and having fun with it because you are. Killers aren't having fun because the event is unfun for them and several killers are completed countered by it. Why are you shocked killers are having no fun with such an event? An event that gives survivors extra health states, negates Ghost faces exposed, negates Victor, Negates Legions power etc is not something too many killers are going to love outside of masochists.

If you want people to only play for fun then the event should have been a separate optional game mode rather than encroaching on the actual game. Not everyone cares about events.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

I’ve only played killer so far for the event. You can’t take it serious. Just play. Smack some snowmen. Sing ‘do you want to kill a snowman?’ while you play instead of ‘do you want to build a snowman’. It’s an event to grab some free stuff. Do it!

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 434
    Options

I can't have fun when I have to hit survivors 3 to 4 times per chase or be forced to play a select group of killers in order to be able to "counter" these snowmen.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    edited December 2021
    Options

Can I just point out that the snowmen are acting like old Mantel of Man (MoM). You know one of the most overpowered perks ever?

Think about it. It grants an extra health state if injured with effectively no pre-requirement and unlike old MoM you don't even need to mend from the extra hit.

• TAG
    edited December 2021
    Options

Their input is more about goofing around than about how the game plays, so I can't really say that it counts for a whole lot when it comes to the overall health of the game. You can't ask players to play how you want them to, but you can ask the developers to make sure that the game doesn't become overly miserable to play.

The issue rears its ugly head when five players come in for a game of DBD, and none of them are interested in the holiday gimmick. What do you have left, then? What do you tell the Killer who is now highly disadvantaged vs. Survivors who are not interested in goofing around?

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

While I agree that people should actually try to have some fun and enjoy the event voicing criticism with a flaw of the event is not a bad thing.

While not a massive amount can be done about the event currently but at least for the next event or any other events that come up it's good to have this type of feedback so you know not to do similar problems again or the least tweak it so stuff like this doesn't happen.

So yes try your best to enjoy the event but if you see a problem or a clear flaw with an element of the design of it fo vocalise it.To the people who are enjoying the event yes I'm glad that you are but if people are having a problem stop acting like you're on some type of smug high horse. Let those people vent their frustrations and give some actual feedback seriously get over yourselves

• Underdawg
    Underdawg Member Posts: 193
    Options

If no one is interested in the gimmick, then wouldn't you just have a normal match with no one using the snowmen? Or do you mean survivors who don't care about goofing around, but want to abuse the snowmen to "win"?

If you mean the latter, I definitely agree that you have a point there. You're left with Survivors who get the dopamine hit of "lawl we juiced that killer. GG EZ." But in the grand scheme of things, they're still losers IRL. Anyone who gets so amped about abusing game mechanics to boost themselves and make their opponents feel bad is trash. I know that doesn't do much to help competitive Killer mains, but it's really not healthy to let this game impact one's mental health so negatively.

Honestly, I'd love to see an event benefit Killers. I'd love it if the next Halloween we got an event that buffed the hell out every killer. Something like random intervals during the match, every survivor screams and reveals their location - which gives the killer an immediate Tier 3 bloodlust. I would love that as Survivor - the sheer horror of it would be great, and competitive Killers would get that rush of being powerful for the entire event.

• TAG
    Options

I very much mean the latter.

Saying "well, at least they're losers IRL" doesn't really help. In fact, I don't agree with that at all. Players are allowed to try and win with the tools at their disposal. I am always of the belief that it's not the players' fault for using unbalanced things. It's the developers' fault for allowing that unbalanced thing to go unchecked in the first place.

• Underdawg
    Underdawg Member Posts: 193
    Options

Using and Abusing are different things. If I give you a hammer, you can either build a house or bludgeon someone to death. The solution isn't to remove the hammer.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

This event is really highlighting the need for 2 game modes, competitive and casual. Competitive can be the same old grind, casual can have these events where players can have fun goofing off with snowmen.

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551
    Options

Stupid arguments.

Wait for a few days when the everyone has cosmetics, novelty from the event runs out and just started using the snow man as free health states and you have to deal with this for two weeks. I expect people to have the same 'fun' out of this until then.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

I'd love to have fun if the Survivors were having fun also, too bad Killers didn't get anything while Survivors got a limited time event that grants them even more health states

• TAG
    Options

Unlike bludgeoning someone to death with a hammer, using the snowmen to gain a competitive advantage is not breaking any rules. And you can't just implement "no using the snowmen to gain a competitive advantage" as a rule because there is no way that is remotely enforceable. You don't have to remove the snowmen; you just have to fix the issues with them that make them frustrating.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,257
    Options

Yesterday I played a few games as killer just to get 3 charms. I let them jump on any snowman they wanted and and it was quite entertaining when we all played for the fun of it.

I couldn't really use a snowman as survivor because some Killers are trying to avoid it.

That's why i switched and on the way gave some survivors an easy reward.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,605
    Options

Don't play ghostface or twins, there are 26 killers.

People are overreacting to an event which will last only a few days.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

If you hate snowmen so much just play Deathslinger. You can shoot someone in a snowman and still reel em in, while also denying them the snow effect and thus any of the new cosmetics. Throw in his exposed iri and it's a pretty much guarenteed down.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

Best time to be a Trickster main

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,605
    Options

You can also equip Save the Best for Last, which counter the snowmen a bit.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,895
    Options

the benefits are so tiny and the negative aspect is often ignored too. Survivors inside snowmen arent doing anything, especially survivors wanting to be hit. They will walk across an entire map at snowman speeds just to get hit. And if you want to make one of the more "op" strats, you'd be spending almost half an hour with 3 survivors wiggling their way to the right spot, hoping their teammate will be able to reach that spot.