Which Killers counter "Hold W" gameplay well?

Options

Blight for sure. Maybe Spirit and Nurse. Maybe Oni when he has his power. Maybe Billy but not really. Anyone else?

Comments

• NAERUUU
    NAERUUU Member Posts: 501
    Options

Hmm … clown … not legion

• SonicOffline
    SonicOffline Member Posts: 915
    Options

Wraith with zoom zoom addons, if you're good at body blocking.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Thats probably it. Blight is the best for it. And I wouldnt actually count Spirit into it anymore, pre drop pallet and hold w seems very good against her

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,459
    Options

Oh true. Wraith is pretty fast. But he still suffers in loops so you can loop him. At least without some strong addons.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    edited December 2021
    Options

I guess Victor counters hold W, you can’t last long against him if you just run in a straight line. Twins are a bit weak against anti-slugging measures though.

Also Hag is anti-hold W to some extent, depending on how well she plans her traps out.

And Bubba somewhat since he’s instant downs (he’s less vulnerable to holding W after getting injured)

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,459
    Options

Clown will only make it slower but it will not really stop them. You can also avoid it easy if he wants to trow it on you from the distance. He also needs to reload which slows him a lot.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Wraith is probably the best at stopping hold w.

You will have to deal with normal looping though

• Underdawg
    Underdawg Member Posts: 193
    Options

If by "Hold W" you mean running in a straight line to eat up time forcing the killer to catch up, I'd say:

Nurse, Blight, Wraith

Spirit, Huntress, Billy, Slinger

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768
    edited December 2021
    Options

Never felt the need to counter Shift W it's the easiest thing to play against, can we stop spreading this meme started by twitch streamers who are obsessed with looping?

Pour one out for all the killers who don't have anti loop powers OR movespeed to dash across the map in seconds.

Post edited by Sludge on
  • Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981
    Options

Depends a bit on add-ons and perks.

Wraith is the best option. He is free to play and does not care much. Give him action speed add-ons and he can also shred trough pre-dropped pallets like a chad.

Nurse and Blight are obvious. Both are fine Killers.

Spirit can do it especially if she brings her golden tea cup add-on to restore her power. Hillbilly has his chainsaw to catch up or insta-down the survivor depending on his or their skill. Bubba can also do this with his purple Chilly even catching a sprint burst once you manage him well.

Finally Oni comes to mind but only when he got his power. With cycle of healing this got worse and also running and pre-dropping is very strong to deny him his power as long as possible.

Other than that, yeah...

You can try Hag or Trapper as they play in a different way. Or you can proxy camp a survivor once you got one. Yes it is looked down upon but it forces his teammates to go to a certain objective that you control making "holding W" impossible. You can let go of a generator but you can not let go off your teammate like that...

• Impose
    Impose Member Posts: 400
    Options
  • GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,658
    Options

Wraith counters W but is loopable.

Clown can get by if you can land your bottles. If nothing else, you can throw yellow ones to catch up.

Huntress is a weird case. She doesn't catch up but she has infinite range.

Maybe Twins since Victor moves at mk5, so he can get a Pounce on you.

Other than that, I've got nothing.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

Blight. People are saying Nurse but that's actually pretty false. If you wait way too long to start running, then yeah, she'll catch up. If you run really early and break LOS, she will take a really long time to catch up and land the first hit.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

Blight is best at it. Wraith is probably 2nd best. Nurse, Spirit, Billy are all decent at it. Legion is actually also pretty good at it. In a weird sort of way, Trapper is also very good at it. I mean, you never have to hold W after a Survivor if they keep putting their feet in bear traps.

• OverratedFool
    OverratedFool Member Posts: 66
    Options

Clown is horrible against holding W. That is literally the counter to Clown.

Anybody fast. Nurse, Blight, Wraith etc.

It's not rocket science TBH.

• cantelope
    cantelope Applicant Posts: 343
    Options

Unless your in a wide open space a lot of people will turn to avoid it or run into an obstacle, or both. The chase can pretty much end right there, especially if your bottle hit their head. I also find hitting someone making a beeline off a building can buy you an extra second to catch up.

I've ended chases by just readying the bottle even. Clown also has add ons that make in chase reloads much less unreasonable. Especially if you pick your moments, I usually do it at pallet stand offs.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,044
    Options

By 15%. That's a very small difference when running in a straight line. If you just run in a straight line after being hit, no deviation, you buy yourself a guaranteed 20 seconds of safety time - and at the end, you can just go to a loop. 20 seconds of unavoidable W time every single hit.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

Blight is probably the best counter to ShiftW

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    Options

most kilers with map pressure, Blight, Oni, Nurse, Wraith with speed addons, Spirit especially with some speed addons, Billy kinda still easy to loop but technically he counters W, i may be forgetting about some.

• Underdawg
    Underdawg Member Posts: 193
    Options

If someone is running in a straight line away from Slinger, and not zigzagging or using cover, they're getting reeled back into an M1.

• BadLooperQ
    BadLooperQ Member Posts: 277
    Options

Blight and this is why I hate him more than anything else. Adding that with corner hits and stuff, the perfect recipe for a boring killer to me is done.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,605
    edited December 2021
    Options

Huntress, Deathslinger, Nurse, Billy, Spirit and Blight.

I almost say Trickster, but when the survivor is more than 10m away it's very hard to hit and while you are throwing knives you're so slow.

• Impose
    Impose Member Posts: 400
    Options

You can literally watch and react to him raising his gun rofl.

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046
    Options

Hag with red add-on that remove teleporting but increase her speed.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

Wraith, Hillbilly, Nurse, Hag(kind of), Huntress(kind of), Clown, Spirit, Legion (kind of), Demo(Kind of), Slinger(kind of) Oni, Blight, Artist(kind of)

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,213
    Options

Werewolf, WART, Dollmaster : pick one.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,895
    Options

If she's not running any addons, sure, but you gotta consider addons too.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Hag, which is the reason she will always be my muse. I want you to go hurtling off into the horizon because I'm herding you towards trap hell.

Demogorgon can catch up quite fast with shreds, but vaults can be annoying to deal with and he's insanely easy to juke.

If I'm not mistaken, it doesn't even bring her up to standard killer speed.

Honestly, Shoe and Hand are utter rubbish as far as addons go. I love Hag, but her addons are mostly bleh.

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046
    edited December 2021
    Options

I have played with her and I had no issues against Jonah with overcome. It was barely noticeable. Some of her add-ons are really strong with the correct perks tho.

• Predated
    Options

I would add Artist, Bubba(somewhat, it's easier with addons, but he does close the gap if you use more than 1 charge up to 2 meters distance gained with 3 charges, its not much, but it's honest work), Wraith, Clown, Legion(only if there are 2-3 vault locations, otherwise you lose distance), Cenobite and even Twins to that list.

Some of these are a bit map reliant to gain distance, but they all have basekit anti-w in mind.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Shackles are great, especially with Rag. Heart+Egg are fun, but sort of useless once they realize what's happening. The 'aura reveal' one is mostly useless, and the rest are basically 'do stuff faster'. Wider trigger range is (imho) worse than an empty slot though.

'Bodyblock' Hag is awful unless you get Midwich, RPD or something consisting entirely of narrow hallways.

I mostly run PR+Surge+STBFL/BBQ(for BP)+Monitor on her, which tends to be pretty solid. With Monitor, her terror radius is almost nonexistent.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    Options

Killers with good mobility and killers that can slow survivors down

• Doziano
    Doziano Member Posts: 57
    Options

you haven't played the artist have you my dear? the counterplay to her is proof of how much time you waste just by forcing the killer to catch up to you

• Predated
    Options

Thats because you simply arent managing her power well yet. I have seen so many people just spam crows and wonder why they rarely damage anyone. Use 1 crow to scout the most likely place you think survivors will be, then send 3 crows to secure a hit. That's 5 second cooldown+1 second setup time. Where setting 3 crows equals a 12 second cooldown. Repelling is 7 seconds basekit.

Go for the option where recharge+firing is less than 7 seconds, rather than going for options where the recharge alone is at least 9 seconds.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,605
    Options

Artist is not good against W, in fact it is her counter. She have a lot of slowdowns, one when putting the crows and another when shooting them.

• espooked
    espooked Member Posts: 465
    edited December 2021
    Options

any killer holding w is effective. wastes alot of time and makes chases forever

• MrSlippery
    MrSlippery Member Posts: 98
    Options

Huntress, or other ranged killers. Survivors are easy targets for them if they are just holding W, instead of breaking line of sight, and taking loops tightly.

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551
    Options

Wraith still has problems with Hold W since he still has to uncloak and do it all over again.

Killers that can completely negate the Hold W meta are just Blight with alchemist ring so you're immediately back to chasing then Nurse. Spirit with mother daughter's ring

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    edited December 2021
    Options

Slinger does not counter hold W.

Hold W does not mean ignore LOS at all costs in your effort to maintain distance. Yikes guys those are some potato suggestions.

Also, stop magically forgetting his M2 has a range and with the nerfed TR that makes holding W easier than ever.