The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I am addicted to Lethal Persuer

I can’t seem to be able to remove it from my builds because it helps me out so much. What are players thoughts on the perk?

Comments

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

You're crutching it too hard and not paying attention to the initial load of each map. All the spawns are pretty much the same. Use it to learn those spawns, but don't rely on it after you've learned them.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,514

Can be pretty strong.

As surv it is hard if the killer runs at you right at the start of the match.

• Pizzasauce
    Pizzasauce Member Posts: 940

I use it with certain killers on certain challenges. I don't like using up a perk spot on something I can only use at the beginning of the match though.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I absolutely love the perk, it's also in my build. Saves me a lot of time early game.

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464

Completely disagree. It allows you to plan out your initial strike thanks to map knowledge. They're split into two duos? Corral the survivor toward the other duo. This is especially useful with killers like Nemesis that need survivor interaction to work, and fast. You plan out how you can quickly gain momentum without wasting a second. In the meantime, spawns are as random as ever, with survivors sometimes spawning far too close too you, completely spread out or even in duos that aren't even in places that make too much sense. All the while they play immersed to make the early game even SLOWER. I love this perk, because I instantly get momentum and a gameplan I otherwise may not have as consistently.

• PigMainBigBrain

What guess work do you need? Survivors always spawn X amount distance away from you, and usually you start spawned facing the opposite direction of where a group is depending on where you spawned in at on certain maps. (kinda tough on the game map, and Myers map though) Plus theres always at least 1 idiot holding sprint at the start of a trial. That leaves you with a screen full of 3 proximities to check at the start of each match, if its an open map you can drive straight down the middle and pick up even faster. I usually get my first chase spotted within ~ 10 seconds of a match without lethal. Its just like counting cards in Vegas.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Obviously the value of Lethal Pursuer depends on the behavior of the survivors. If the survivors are just recklessly running around you’ll get into a chase regardless and get less value. On the other hand if the survivors start out stealthy and watching out for you, especially if you’re not a stealth killer, then it may take significantly longer to track them down. And if you run Corrupt Intervention they could be intentionally hiding it out at the beginning.

So it really depends on the types of survivors you go against how much you value the perk.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I've never used Lethal Pursuer that much. 9 seconds of aura reading in the beginning of the game and then it's gone for the rest of the match? It seems like a waste of perk slot to me.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    edited December 2021

Just knowing they spawn X distance away at certain angles isnt consistent or guaranteed.

Your formula cant tell you if somebody spawned on your Hex. Nor does it tell you who spawned alone and who spawned in a group.

The info I glean from Lethal can still be used after first chase sometimes as well

Sometimes survivors spawn just outside your terror radius behind a rock. Without Lethal I'm not really going to waste time checking to see if someone is crouched near me.

Being able to know for sure I can abandon Hex Ruin is a beautiful feeling.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Severly underrated.

People often use the excuse of "i know the spawns" and "i always get into a chase right away"

Getting into a chase fast is but one aspect of this perk. You know where all the survivors are.

Going to the biggest cluster of survivors means a bunch have to move away from you. That's all time they are not on gens in the most crucial moments of the match.

And when you get a hit/down you know where the other survivor spawned so you can interrupt them right away.

The only caveat of this perk is that it only grands oppertunities not certainties.

It allows you to have the best early game possible but if you mess up early it didn't really do anything.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Guessing which direction they move in at the beginning, obviously. :P

• Thunderfrog
    Thunderfrog Member Posts: 218

I like Lethal Pursuer on the Spirit when I have both of her best addons. It lets me moonkwalk then stealth and charge after those heartbeats.

• LoneSlinger
    LoneSlinger Member Posts: 500

Yeah for some reason you an see it on desktop view but on mobile it ducks it all up and scrunches it together

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

You explained it more eloquently than I could. I'd expect no less from a human who used to have LP as their profile picture : P

Some games I admittedly get little or no value, but that's more on me than the perk.

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 796
    edited December 2021

It's perfect for ensuring a strong start, no longer are the days of walking around and not finding a single person then watching 2 gens pop. I've been running Lethal and Shadowborn as a build to work on improving my overall Blight skill without relying on perks

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I did not expect people to remember what my profile pictures were in the past. Thanks : D

It still is one of my favorite perks, just really like the proactiveness of it.

• PigMainBigBrain

For 9 seconds of knowledge at the start of a trial, its not worth it imo. I'd just run BBQ instead, shows you whats actually important, or that one perk that gives aura reading to dull totems...brain skipping a beat on the name of that one, been a while...

If someone spawned on my hex and I didn't prep any kind of protection It doesn't matter, theres not much I can do about that cause they know where it is. General rule....if 1 guy sees it, all survivors see it. Don't care if solo or not, I go into every trial with that mindset. As far as them being alone or in a group I got 3 proximities at the general direction of the survivors spawn, you take a look> mark out 3 gens> go to it>unless its a blendette you got no worries since survivors clothes stick out like christmas lights>move to the flush>boom chase started>boom chase ended>still have use of all 4 perk slots.

Thats momentum without lethal. With lethal all you're doing is running that same process without any of the thinking behind it. Move to press chase>10 seconds> boom start chase>end chase <---your information is dead by this point. And you're down a whole ######### perk slot.

^ Thats the biggest flaw of the perk. Its total use is dead in 10 seconds, gone, dead slot, never again, poof, mid game deleted, end game deleted....game deleted. You'd have better use out of whispers than you would lethal. Matter of fact you'd have better use out of Bitter Murmer.

Theres way better info perks, and I'd have to put lethal at the bottom since information is multiplicative, and Lethal stops at 9 seconds. Removing the fact that you even have info outside of 1 chase at the start of each match 1 time...that one chase isn't going to win the match or provide enough info over time. Its a great tutorial perk....thats about it though.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Start of the trial is a very big deal IMO since that is where you can either make or break a snowball.

• PlayTwink
    PlayTwink Member Posts: 454

ugh wasted slot

• Pulsar_Pain
    Pulsar_Pain Member Posts: 23

I think its strong on Killers with high mobility, for example i use it on Blight and Billy with Corrupt intervention, Tinkerer and Pop and work so good!

• BabyCameron10
    BabyCameron10 Member Posts: 950

I love it on Blight and Nurse. If used correctly you can guarantee a hit within seconds of using your power.

• Pulsar_Pain

Yes, u can get first hook before first game minute.

Btw if u don't exploit that perk u play with just 3 perks, indeed i think Discordance its a good sostitute because many times, at the start of game, happen easy that survs collab to repair gens, and you start your first chase quickly and you don't give up any perks to the rest of the game, rather, can counter gen rush

• Pulsar_Pain

Yes, u can get first hook before first game minute.

Btw if u don't exploit that perk u play with just 3 perks, indeed i think Discordance its a good substitute because many times, at the start of game, happen easy that survs collab to repair gens, and you start your first chase quickly and you don't give up any perks to the rest of the game, rather, can counter gen rush.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

Me too I run it all the time on demo. The perk is the reason I bought nemesis

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I don't have it so... No comment

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,067

Play corrupt instead, it does the same (it is always the same spawns) and block gens.

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

Better yet, run them together. Block Gens and you don't have to deal with immersed Survivors.

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,067

It's not really good playing them together (you need other perks to block gen or improve chases). Lethal is a weak version of corrup imho, except if you are playing Blight maybe. I tried Lethal on Nurse a lot and does not really add anything (even with Agitation + Starstruck), some maps are so huge that even with blink recharge add ons survivors still have time to hide before you can reach them.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

I hate it. If I use it, I have to play the opposite way I usually do, which means I have to play more aggressive and chase

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

It's an ok perk for variety, or if you're going for specific plays, like speedruns, or evil incarnate, Pinhead to ensure immediate chain hunt, stuff like that. Maybe in scrims on specific maps where hiding is easier (dead dawg bushes), but that applies to maybe 0.1% of the players' base and the perk is often banned anyway. Also excellent for beginners, of course.

Other than that, it does very little if you learned spawns already. You're better off with discordance or whispers, if you want consistency.