Do you dodge obvious SWF teams ?

Do you dodge lobbies with obvious SWF players? Like mutliple Tvv..., the same names with different numbers.... Or do you like it hard and channelling?

Comments

• Iliketoplaykiller
    Iliketoplaykiller Member Posts: 352

No I just play blight 90% of the time instead, usually a good counter.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Only if Im playing a Killer I never play for challenges/rituals, if I play with the ones I usually play I take the challenge.

• Stryker
    Stryker Member Posts: 220

yes,why shouldn't i? i'm not a masochist, nor insane.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304

They all dodge to find the solo default Meg and David.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Nope, I just play my best and hope I do ok. 🤷‍♂️

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,192

Nah, it can still be fun and I enjoy the harder level of play some of them do, whilst others memed (had an swf today basically having a drinking session with my Hillbilly in the bar for a while and re-enacting bar brawls - I should have recorded it!), or aren't as aggressive.

Sometimes, I get slaughtered and sometimes I will beat them. Either way, it improves my game and helps me learn, so absolutely I would keep playing.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

only if i see 2k+ hours usually it will just be a pain in the ass to go against.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Usually I dont even care anymore, not paying attention to the lobby that much.

If its a team, let them sweat gens and get out, I am doing my own thing which is BBQ stacks or some challenge, couldnt care less about the match tbh

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

I dodge if I see 2 Medkits, why wouldn't I dodge if I see an obvious SWF?

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

i don't usually dodge lobbies unless steam profiles are sketchy or if it's a comp team

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,484

No, I like the challenge.

• PlayTwink
    PlayTwink Member Posts: 454

Yes, I'm tired of this. I played yesterday in 4 man SWF and like literally none killer had a single kill, because we gen rushed them in like 4-5 minutes

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I play all games... why dodge?

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,586

Only if I faced them before in the same session. If I notice, that is. I'm usually tabbed out.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

Yes

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968

Sometimes I do, but then also sometimes I don't and end up with games where its 4 no mithers, soul guards, breakouts, saboteurs.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Yes.

And unfortunately, it's getting worse. All the little darlings doing all the usual toxic crap...with their Twitch and Instagram accounts...littered with tedious social justice nonsense...use of all the usual eye-rollingly unoriginal internet terminology...and an Anime avatar and a "Victory Royale" wallpaper picture. The total package.

It's got to the point where playing killer is simply horrendous. I look forward to a DBD alternative. Sad but true.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

If it's a obvious 3 or 4 person SWF, then I'll dodge. But if it's a 2 person, I don't really care.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Almost never and there's rarely a reason in my experience. There's mass hysteria here and on reddit as soon as survivor and ttv are mentioned in the same sentence.

I only dodged Sawpalin's swf a couple days ago because I was literally playing Trickster to get rid of puddings and not going for wins. And even then, I've gone against them and never dodged in the past.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

I press find match, tab out and don't tab back in until I hear the match starting. So no, in other words.

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838

I dodge, because you know they are all on voice comms, all have D.Strike and Dead Hard, and will use every cheese strat.

And once you lose; they will insult you in endgame chat.

But the second you do anythign they consider 'camp', 'slug', or 'tunnel' (these don't exist, BTW); you know they are going to insult you in endgame chat.

It's always a sweatfest that ends with the SWF screeching in rage or screeching insults because Cheat With Friends + voice comms gave them the win.

• AngyKiller

Fair. But I always say they don't exist, just as I can't complain for a Survivor camping a jungle gym; it's just not something that exists to be complained about.

Saying they exist as strats gives salty Survivors a foothold to scream about them.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

I forget to even look at the lobby half of the time.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Sure, they are all annoying and extremely unfun strategies to be on the receiving end of.

I understand why someone would be upset if they spend the entire match on the floor; or if the Killer decides that they and they alone need to die; or if the Bubster decides to plant himself in front of you for the whole match.

Unfortunately, there's no way to really curb these unfun strategies without punishing innocent players.

• BadLooperQ
    BadLooperQ Member Posts: 277

Yes, I evade supposed SWF's and TTv's as well If I see then. If DBD became more helpful to solo's as if they were SWF'S then I would see no problem going up against everybody, but at the game's general status, DBD is unbalanced imo especially because of comms. I need to put kindred and empathy/Bond just to have a way to gather info of my teammates, while the usual "we are bff's forever cause we play together" group are on a call on Discord...which I don't get to this date why this game didn't put a proximity Voice Chat like F13, and apparently will never do.

• AngyKiller

Agreed. I've been camped, slugged, and tunneled; I usually laugh it off. If the Killer wants me dead that badly, it means one of two things:

1. I was doing something right; I should feel proud.
    2. They want to ruin my game. I should laugh.
  • Moplington
    Moplington Applicant Posts: 30

Actually I'll dodge until I find SWFs. I enjoy versing good players and don't get upset at stupid stuff like clicking and tbagging.

• Smuk
    Smuk Member Posts: 735

idk why are you guys so afraid of ttvs? Majority are small (viewer wise) streamers who are more

or less friendly. only one ttv ive met was salty (BM in game), even after stopping on stream and saying GG (console doesnt have end chat), he was salty again, that i am boosted mmr and emble wise and only reason i manage to kill them is as he had a half year break from dbd.

And no, I dont dodge any game. When I get stomped, I can see where I failed and how could I improve myself.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

Which is usually the best way to do it. Just ugh though.

• AngyKiller
    edited December 2021

Rofl. I streamed DBD once. ONCE. I did not even have 'ttv' in my name. I had NOTHING that said I stream. Keep this in mind as I tell this story.

The match came down to me, and another person (Who had 'ttv' in his name). He was hooked, and the Billy was facecamping. I was injured, and sneaking around, seeing if I could find a way to save him.

I'm in the process of telling my viewers (My whopping 5, at the time) 'If I run in, since I'm injured; I WILL be downed before I can save him. Should I risk it? I could open a gate, since the Killer is camping'. When I suddenly get my chat spammed with 'Don't be a #########'. Utterly flooded.

This ttv took his hooked time to 1: Look up my name. 2: See if I'm streaming. And 3: Sick his entire viewer base on me.

According to them, since I had less viewers, I should trade so the 'better twitch player' can win. And they proceeded to verbally abuse me non-stop, even after the match ended.

The only funny part? The Killer was stream-sniping them and, upon seeing this utterly toxic behavior, decided to let me leave, and told the ttv player exactly what he did. Told him that, even if I had traded, he would have tunneled them & let me go. Told him the only reason he even face-camped him was because he was talking ######### about all his teammates on his stream. 🤣

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    edited December 2021

The weird thing is that these tend to be the meanest, nastiest survivors to play against.

Because a lot of the time the smaller streamers aren't so much out for easy wins as they are out to make your life an absolute misery - stalling the game out endlessly/griefing the killer to try and make their streams entertaining.

The easiest fix would be an artificial inflation of MMR to place SWFs up against better killers. Putting a SWF up against the same killer those players would be facing as solos - that's where things start getting unfair.

The devs have said they are considering this, so we will have to see what the midpatch looks like.

Personally, I'm not all that bothered by losing - it's more the miserable experiences I've had with SWFs engaging in coordinated griefing/stalling to try to get you to AFK, so they can all report you for non-participation. I've had no less than 3 different groups say they were doing this in the past month.

• RaSavage42

Not any that I have faced

But I get what you are saying

• StarLost

Play first thing in the morning, which is when the BR and RU premades/streamers are doing their thing. You'll see it a fair bit.

The easiest way to tell it's coming is when you see multiple further hook offerings and a map offering for either Swamp, Badham, Eyrie or Haddonfield - as with a sabo and exponential, you can basically hold a game hostage in a manner the devs have confirmed is (for some reason) A-Okay, but could potentially get the killer banned if they AFK it, leaving you no choice but to DC.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

TTV are usually toxic from my experience so i will dodge them if i can.

• RaSavage42

I am in the US... East Coast

Plus the Streamers I face are duoing with a friend

I have yet to come across all of the toxic BS... But trust me I have dealt with it before

• StarLost

It really depends on time of day I find.

Weekday evenings are fine. Weekend days are fine. Weekend nights are the wild west. Weekday mornings are where the really nasty groups seem to be.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246

No. It's usually not any more challenging than any other game. Even if it is more challenging from time to time, it at least makes killer interesting. Play the game and get better. And if people genuinely think killers can't compete against SWF....they need to get better.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

I take what comes and do not run gen slowdown perks. Matches are faster and it increases my challenge.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

I thought I was the only one. I could care less if they are SWF honestly. It is not that deep to me.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe

Obsessively checking everyone's friends list to make sure they're not SWF sounds like such a chore.

• StarLost

It's often obvious - multiple TTVs in a lobby: it's probably a premade. 4x players joining simultaneously is another sign.

As others have pointed out, it's not so much that these groups are more difficult. It's that these groups are often toxic in ways that solos aren't really capable of, particularly in terms of stalling the match out forever and refusing to complete the final gens to grief.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe

I imagine the people who are really serious about dodging SWFs are gonna be checking profiles.

About 90% of the SWFs i've noticed are by checking.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,774

And what makes all this even worse is when a group (SWF or not) is dodged repeatedly and left waiting for too long.

After a certain amount of time has gone by such a group is thrown in with the next available killer, regardless of their skill level. Fun for a newbi-ish killer no doubt, and all too often the result of a group being dodged alot. Vicious cycle.