The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Worthless no skill campers

24 games done, in 12 games the killer would hang someone and just stand there within ONE METER and camp till he was dead. Then get the next and so on.

I know it is allowed but come on developers... ZERO BALANCE in this game.

The time for people to repair the generators in time (all 5) when the killer camps people is almost null. Best situation there is ONE survivor who can escape.

Either de-buff the killer big time when he camps someone so it is easier to rescue someone, or punish the ######### with zero spirit for "fair & fun gaming" by boosting the survivors.

Other then that, great game but a serious lack of content (I mean base game content, stop pushing out DLC's that should have been part of the base game) and please, for the love of god upgrade the graphics or let us use the Steam workshop to make a mod for better graphics because the graphics look like a game that was released 10 years ago.

Comments

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146
    edited January 2019

How about you do gens? Or get good at the chase, so your team has time to do gens. If you know what you're doing you can get two gens done during the chase, and another two with a camp. Leaving one gen between three people, and that's ez, furthermore if another person gets camped, ez last gen which leads to a 2/2 which is what most normal players consider a balanced game.
    With graphics, just stop why do you care about graphics? They're not the be all and end all of the game, then all dlc is free minus licened killer which they cant make free because thye need to pay for the licence.

Edit: great first post btw, very constructive...

• RotBb
    RotBb Member Posts: 396
    Facecamping is unbalanced? Facecamping... FACECAPMING?! Do you only watch twitch streamers? Oh god, if you do your job as survivor, facecamping will always lose, always. See someone is getting facecamped? Do gens, you’ll get at least two done, maybe even three if you play your cards right. How about this, use Borrowed Time! A perk that completely counters camping!
  • RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270
    The de-buff idea was tried and was abused by survivors.
  • Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Facecamping is only bad for both the hooked survivor and the killer. If you approach a hooked survivor and it’s being facecamped, go do gens. You can easily complete 2.
  • Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,692
    Killer's running that "teleport the survivor to the hook through the Power of Christ" perk again :(

They really need to nerf that. 
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

@RWoodrow said:
    The de-buff idea was tried and was abused by survivors.

Because Survivors are unable to play this game without abusing every single mechanic to the max.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

If the killer wanna throw his game to make sure you die, then you make sure to last as long as possible so the rest of your fellow survivors complete as many generators as they can to punish him.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

@se05239 said:
    If the killer wanna throw his game to make sure you die, then you make sure to last as long as possible so the rest of your fellow survivors complete as many generators as they can to punish him.

On point. It's the Survivors incompetence that allows facecampers to pip and rank up.

Campers that manage to get Rank 1 are a good representation of the average skill level of Survivors. You can use the least effective tactic in existence (pip-wise) and still win.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,692
    This is the OP's first topic/post.

They're probably super new, so camping seems broken.
  • Erdbeermilch
    Erdbeermilch Member Posts: 34

@GroundZero said:
    24 games done, in 12 games the killer would hang someone and just stand there within ONE METER and camp till he was dead. Then get the next and so on.

Sorry but I highly doubt that this is true.
    Either way you had a VERY BAD day or the numbers are simply not correct.

In a german facebook group one of the members had monitored her games for multiple weeks, so she monitored multiple hundred games over the time with the killer choosen, if the killer would camp, tunnel, face-camp, disconnect and whatever. It was a REALLY huge sheet she collected over the time with a bunch of informations.

At the end only about 15% camped or facecamped and about 5% were hard patrouling along the hook. That is what you can expect at average. The people who cry that they got camped in 10 games in a row or 50% of their games are simply talking ######### (pardon my language).

• nøbødy
    nøbødy Member Posts: 37

The time for people to repair the generators in time (all 5) when the killer camps people is almost null. Best situation there is ONE survivor who can escape.

Either de-buff the killer big time when he camps someone so it is easier to rescue someone, or punish the ######### with zero spirit for "fair & fun gaming" by boosting the survivors.

Other then that, great game but a serious lack of content (I mean base game content, stop pushing out DLC's that should have been part of the base game) and please, for the love of god upgrade the graphics or let us use the Steam workshop to make a mod for better graphics because the graphics look like a game that was released 10 years ago.

(1) There is a balance to camping. If the killer is within, I believe, 16 meters and is not chasing a surv the killer will lose points. If you play your cards right, you can pop a couple gens, leave one or two, if you're the final surv, you can get the hatch. If that's not the case, just keep doing gens and stay away from the killer as best you can. (2) This is fair gameplay. (3) You sound like a surv main because you want survs to be "boosted" w/o looking into the killer's side of the game. (4) As far as the lack of content not being in the base game, BHVR couldn't add the new stuff we have now because Starbreeze wouldn't allow it.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@GroundZero said:

A single generator takes 80 seconds. Camping a single survivor takes 2 minutes.

DO the math

• Master

@Orion said:
    [insert obligatory "face camping doesn't exist any more" here]

Camping is counterable. If the Killer camps and ends up with more than one kill, that's on the Survivors who fed him.

You dont need to coutner camping
    Literal camping (or "facecamping") is the killer surendering the game and handing a free win to the remaning survivor, there is nothign you need to coutner, just take the free win :lol:

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@MandyTalk can you please close this post. This will 100% cause a lot of arguements.

• Master

@Poweas said:
    @MandyTalk can you please close this post. This will 100% cause a lot of arguements.

ARguments is what this forum is about :wink:

• Poweas

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

True. But this one will cause major salt from survivor and killer mains alike.

• Master

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

Isnt major salt always auto-included when playing or talkign about DBD? :smile:

• PiiFree

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

It's a pretty calm discussion so far. Most people agree that camping is a low skill tactic but that doesn't mean it's not an effective tactic.

When you camp as Killer, you put the match result into the hands of the Survivors, it's their (in)competence that decides the outcome :)

• Poweas

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

Isnt major salt always auto-included when playing or talkign about DBD? :smile:

Sometimes, it isn't. Take a look at this:

First guy killed himself on hook and I killed the other 3, yet they were so nice to me it was amazing.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Someone needs to camp you to teach you some manners  :|
  • RotBb
    RotBb Member Posts: 396
    Master said:

@GroundZero said:

A single generator takes 80 seconds. Camping a single survivor takes 2 minutes.

DO the math

One gen = 80 seconds
    120-80= 40 seconds left after one gen
    three survivors left, if each one is working on a gen (I’ll give 20 seconds of wiggle room for them to find gens), then each survivor should be able to do a generator with twenty seconds left. Adding to that, it’s unlikely for the killer to hook someone before a gen is done, so if survivors are doing this as they should, they have plenty of time to do gens and escape. 

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Camping is totally needed at times.

If they are buzzing the hook, I'll stay near by.

So many times SWF tryhards will try to bait me away when I KNOW that another person is nearby.

Why should I leave? I don't.

I'll have 1 person hooked. I'll go to soft patrol the area, I'll find someone. They'll run away... and I just know someone else is nearby.

4/5 times if I chase, the hook pops... and off they go, so I'll take my small points, and return to the hook... hit someone else, and from that point they can choose to unhook while injured or not.

It isn't my objective to 3 hook everyone. Get real.

• People think it takes 2 minutes to do a gen with 3 survivors while also knowing right off the bat that a killer is camping.

I agree, the killers should be punished for this behavior. Theres other toxic things killers do, but this one right here, if you play more than just killer, know that it ruins the game for everyone else. As much as people want to cry 'counter it' they're not the ones in these games that have to experience it.

I personally (even when I lose) thank the killer for not camping (if they don't) and they tell me "NP, I never camp, I also play survivor" If that doesn't speak volumes then nothing will.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@wouldntyouliketoknow said:
    People think it takes 2 minutes to do a gen with 3 survivors while also knowing right off the bat that a killer is camping.

I agree, the killers should be punished for this behavior. Theres other toxic things killers do, but this one right here, if you play more than just killer, know that it ruins the game for everyone else. As much as people want to cry 'counter it' they're not the ones in these games that have to experience it.

I personally (even when I lose) thank the killer for not camping (if they don't) and they tell me "NP, I never camp, I also play survivor" If that doesn't speak volumes then nothing will.

Killers should not be punished for not providing free unhooks.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

I am laughing at this, because your claiming a killer face camped you, and that is funny cause you don't know ######### about the emblem system, if the killer is inside X meters of a survivor on hook they lose the chaser emblem over time, study before you make a post about this

• @Orion said:

People think it takes 2 minutes to do a gen with 3 survivors while also knowing right off the bat that a killer is camping.

You can keep calling it 'free unhooks' but if thats how you view it you suck as killer. You're supposed to hook people multiple times, you get way more points than if you just hook everyone once, thanks for your opinion though.

• Orion

@Orion said:

You can keep calling it 'free unhooks' but if thats how you view it you suck as killer. You're supposed to hook people multiple times, you get way more points than if you just hook everyone once, thanks for your opinion though.

What would you call an unhook that takes no skill and carries no risk? I call it "free", but maybe you use another expression for it. Handed on a silver platter? Given, not earned? Skill-less? The possibilities are endless.

• Hoodied

@Orion said:

@Orion said:

What would you call an unhook that takes no skill and carries no risk? I call it "free", but maybe you use another expression for it. Handed on a silver platter? Given, not earned? Skill-less? The possibilities are endless.

why the hell are you guys fighting over free unhooks, your correct orion, in my opinion, because you do nothing to earn it

• Orion

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Orion said:

@Orion said:

why the hell are you guys fighting over free unhooks, your correct orion, in my opinion, because you do nothing to earn it

Well, that guy thinks that pointing out something is an opinion somehow invalidates it or makes it irrelevant. Unless it's his opinion, of course.

• wouldntyouliketoknow
    wouldntyouliketoknow Member Posts: 59
    edited January 2019

@Orion said:

@Orion said:

Again, you can call it whatever you want. If the objective was to hook people once and be done, you'd be getting all the points for it, but you don't. Hooking people once and every one dying gets you ######### for points vs chase, and multiple hooks- even if no one dies you get way more points. And again, if you actually played survivor you'd understand. But very very clearly you don't.

I like how you think it makes the game easy for survivors, you're funny. You should play survivor more often.

• Orion

@Orion said:

@Orion said:

Again, you can call it whatever you want. If the objective was to hook people once and be done, you'd be getting all the points for it, but you don't. Hooking people once and every one dying gets you ######### for points vs chase, and multiple hooks- even if no one dies you get way more points. And again, if you actually played survivor you'd understand. But very very clearly you don't.

I do play Survivor. Difference is, I don't complain about hooks being dangerous, or not getting free unhooks, or not being saved. Because I recognize that Survivor is the weak role and isn't supposed to have nearly as many safety nets as it does.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited January 2019

Facecamping is a losing strat guaranteed unless.

1. Someone runs in for the unhook against someone with a 1 shot like Huntress, Billy or Leatherface. This is a survivor problem not a killer one.

2. The survivor gets salty and suicides on the hook costing himself points and the remaining survivors Gen rush time. Again a survivor one, ive been facecamped and yes it sucks but once you understand how the game works you can see why you need to waste as much of the killers time as possible.

Yes camping sucks, but you know what else sucks? Fully immersed sweatbox T3 Claudettes both sides have the tools to piss the other off it's a PvP game.

But it has nothing to do with balance and doesn't require fixing. The only killer in this game that doesn't rely on the survivors being stupid or making mistakes is The Nurse once you understand this playing survivor is much easier

• @ToxicFengM1n said:

@Orion said:

@Orion said:

I'm fighting about camping. Orion wants to call it free hooks. > @Orion said:

@Orion said:

@Orion said:

I do play Survivor. Difference is, I don't complain about hooks being dangerous, or not getting free unhooks, or not being saved. Because I recognize that Survivor is the weak role and isn't supposed to have nearly as many safety nets as it does.

Seriously, I can't believe you. 'Gen rushing', 'free unhooks', if you do play survivor, it's not often. Face camping/ camping ruins the game for a lot of people. THAT is the cheap and easy way, again, shown by how many points you don't get when you play this way. I don't think survivor is coddled the way you think it is, but I do think you feel that way as a killer main who would like easy kills.

• Orion

Seriously, I can't believe you. 'Gen rushing', 'free unhooks', if you do play survivor, it's not often. Face camping/ camping ruins the game for a lot of people. THAT is the cheap and easy way, again, shown by how many points you don't get when you play this way. I don't think survivor is coddled the way you think it is, but I do think you feel that way as a killer main who would like easy kills.

Well, that's just your opinion.

• wouldntyouliketoknow
    wouldntyouliketoknow Member Posts: 59
    edited January 2019

@Orion said:

Hahahahahaha, have a wonderful night, and go play more survivor. You really need it.

• Orion

@Orion said:

Hahahahahaha, have a wonderful night

What's good for the goose... I gave you objective facts about what I play and don't play and what my opinions are. You're dismissing them due to your opinion. This requires no rebuttal. You're subjectively dismissing objective facts because they don't fit your worldview.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

Give killers an alternative style instead of camping and they will commit to it.
    But players will always play the easier way.

• Orion

@mcNuggets said:
    Give killers an alternative style instead of camping and they will commit to it.

Indeed, this is just common sense. If you have two ways to do something - one requires you to jump through hoops and purposefully handicap yourself, the other is easy and straightforward - but both yield the same result, only a masochist wouldn't go for the easier one.

• PiiFree
    edited January 2019

I haven't camped or even just tunneled in months (except for the flashlight triggering kids) and my experience is no different to that back when I tunneled on a regular basis.

My conclusion is that no matter what you do as Killer, IF you kill all 4 they will almost never call GG regardless of how well you played. It's way more likely that they just insult you and only if they escape, they will call GG. This is very frustrating to me because, admittedly, I used to be a very unpleasant Killer to face (and still am) but after playing A LOT of survivor I kinda got rid of all the scummy playstyles - for nothing at all - It's simply not appreciated. I still get insulted and shat-on.

So I'm asking, why should I keep playing "good", making my life unnessecarily harder at times without getting anything in return? I'm not playing the good guy for myself, I'm doing that for the overall gaming experience of the players in my matches and if no one cares about it and no one appreciates it, I see no reason to keep doing it. I honestly get more insults and ######### than "ggs" simply because I do my job and kill them.

IF survivors want Killers to play "fair" at least show some appreciation when they do so because I personally see nothing of that at all.

• Hoodied

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Orion said:

@Orion said:

I'm fighting about camping. Orion wants to call it free hooks. > @Orion said:

@Orion said:

@Orion said:

well, they are, you do nothing but hold a button and it happens, no skill checks, no work, unless your like me and your controller drifts

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

@Orion said:

@mcNuggets said:

Indeed, this is just common sense. If you have two ways to do something - one requires you to jump through hoops and purposefully handicap yourself, the other is easy and straightforward - but both yield the same result, only a masochist wouldn't go for the easier one.

I agree with u 100%.. u know what I want is for people to stop playing stupid and do what makes sense lol
    If there being camped o well sucks to be them I owe no one a unhook.