Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do you like the new Dwight model?

TapeKnot
TapeKnot Member Posts: 248

BHVR showed us Dwight's updated model on Twitter, and...

Something about it just doesn't feel right to me. What is everyone's thoughts on the new model?

Do you like the new Dwight model? 91 votes

I like it.
25%
FrenziedRoachDimekRainbowPatooieSkeletalEliteFancyMrBdoitagain_TaigaCornpopers_EvanScary_Punk_GhostAwkward_FiendNoOneKnowsNovaJarolGannTMDwightFairfieldQwQwGandarevaThr_ust[Deleted User]ryseterionJealousy 23 votes
I don't like it.
35%
GibberishMat_SellaHakuTragicSolitudeDetailedDetrimentGeneralVInsaneCoasterRoboMojoPlantCollectorrita_bookGreyBigfootLumionestySpookyPumpkinPiezTripleStealboostedsurvivormainBoobaDistortedDreamTheArbiterPSPTrickstaaaaa 32 votes
I have mixed feelings about it.
32%
AdelooCamoRangerOnryosTapeRentalsVolantConch1719DemiurgAssassinZodiacanarchy753[Deleted User]Boosted_Dwightmusstang62UistreelAhoyWolfXyvieliaMooks[Deleted User]HannonElcopollonotstarboardDerZuntorglitchboi 30 votes
I don't have an opinion on it.
6%
kodiakyFobbocherryblossomKirkyladgilgamerClamorVentus 6 votes

Comments

• simpforfelix
    simpforfelix Member Posts: 66
    I don't like it.

way too clean, the only thing i like about it is probably the hair, everything else just looks... too good i think

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553
    I don't like it.

This ain't Dwight. This is Jeremy or sumn.

Removing wrinkles and dirt off survivors does not make them look better, I think the dirt was just hiding how ugly the og survivors really were. I'm getting more and more scared for everyone else.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

I won't ever be satisfied until we get our shirtless skin

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

He's missing the bags/slight shadows around his eyes which on the og model makes his frightened expression 'pop out' for lack of a better term.

Weird to think how emotionless he looks without them

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    edited April 2021

Dwight is the goofy and scared nerd of the cast so it kinda sucks that the new version is more dull and less terrified. Everything else seems fine though.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061
    I don't like it.

He looks way too clean and pristine. DBD's characters should look like they took a few tumbles through dirt, grime, and blood, not like they just came out of a shower.

• ryseterion
    ryseterion Member Posts: 445
    I like it.

Can yall stop saying he looks too clean? The model was shown with limited shading so you could see it better, plus this is brand new they will probably change some of it by the time of its release in the RE chapter

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    I like it.

I used to keep my hair like that when i was Dwight's age, so I like it.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    I don't like it.

I refuse to accept this as Dwight

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768

It's not that it's horrible on its own.

But that's just not Dwight. Period.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246
    I like it.

I like it, I think they can use the new model and facial rigs to give him more expression

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Hair and eyes look good, so does the model look overall.

but it’s -like the others- a little bit too smooth and kinda missing character. And the head seems a little bit too small. But that was already the case before I think

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

I'm not good enough at art to know how much of this is just what is underlying facial structure was like when you remove the dirt and painted-on shadows. He looks really different, but contestants on Survivor also look different once they get to take a shower, so I don't know.

I do think crazy hair is his signature thing, so I'd like it if the new hair were messier.

• InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305
    I don't like it.

Seems to lack facial detail or expression. Definitely prefer the old one.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672
    I don't like it.

The new Dwight lacks the scared expression that old Dwight had. I also don't like how clean the new Dwight looks and his hair looks awful. Definitely prefer the old Dwight.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    I don't like it.

Dwight literally just looks like Mat cote now. This isn't even the Dwight we know and love anymore.

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614
    I don't like it.

I just find out about the model while reading what happened during the last stream. I have to say the model looks terrible in the face. I really don't like that new clean face and also the lack of emotions in his face. The old model you can tell he is scared - it looks so natural. The new one looks so weird like not a game model but a real face - its really strange cause this is a game. The hair also does not look as funky as the original one. There is a lot more going on in the original hair style.

This would probably be the final nail in the cofin for me since I like to play only very few survivors because of the way they look and Dweet is my favourite and this change is just horrible /in the face/

• rita_book
    rita_book Member Posts: 43
    I don't like it.

The new Dwight model is horrible. It's basically a killer.

I really want them to bring back the old model. Dwight is an iconic character.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I think his facial structure looks better and less ratty, but I don't like how bright it is.