Your highest MMR Killer and build with them

Options

In other words who do you dominate survivor with constantly getting 4K'S or even 3K's? Coincidentaly getting streaks also gets you to red rank or rank 1 the fastest so who is it? For me its

Doctor (Chaotic Gens)

Scourge: Hooks gift of pain/Overcharge/Eruption/Oppression

This build is so good that its my permanent Doctor build. I basically go for the 3 gen strat as best as possible and kill survivors lol Its that straight forward!

Also you'll never feel so good about kicking gens outside of Pop ever! )

Comments

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    edited December 2021
    Options

My highest MMR killer is probably Pig, considering the sweat squads and hackers, but as you can imagine that's not a consistent performer in higher MMRs. Pain Resonance, Corrupt Intervention, Deadlock, and No Way Out are my go to, but if I'm feeling spicy I might switch out No Way Out for Plaything or Tinkerer.

Switching between Bubba, Ghostface, and Pyramid Head is what actually brings in pips, with basement Myers for flavour.

Cannibal: Distressing, Spies from the Shadows, Unrelenting, Barbeque and Chili. Just knowing how to use his charges is enough, he kinda doesn't need perks against the vast majority of survivors - maps are his real enemy

Ghost Face: Barbeque, Thrilling Tremors, Fire Up, and Discordance. I rarely go for marking survivors, preferring BBQ, Tremors, and Killer Instinct just tell me where people are - with Discordance being helpful sometimes, or swapped out for No Way Out if I'm having a rough time

Executioner: Distressing, Iron Maiden, Remember Me, and Discordance. A build almost entirely based on survivors screwing up, but they always seem to when I play him so I'm not exactly pressed to change it.

• Edilibs
    Edilibs Member Posts: 699
    edited December 2021
    Options

lol what? That makes no sense at all

Yeah its Blight and that build is why i can understand why you play him at high MMR, that sounds tough non swf. You play Demo AND Nurse at high MMR? I can see Nurse easily but Demigorgogon IS underrated so yeah..good stuff

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,661
    Options

Dont really know why you call me that, but ok I guess.

If you have high MMR, you should get somewhat equal opponents. And I thought the game would be so survivor-sided at high MMR? Does not really fit the narrative if someone gets 4Ks or 3Ks on a constant basis.

Let alone with Doctor and a Meme-Build.

And last but not least - it is a fact that nobody knows their MMR.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I’m not quite sure, but I think the killers I win the most with might be Doctor, Freddy and Pig. None of which of course are generally considered top tier killers, but for context I play basically a few games a night on whichever killer I have a mission for each night so I don’t end up regularly practicing anybody in particular. Which I think means killers like those three I mentioned which don’t require much specific practice on them to play end up being my best ones. (Ghostface is probably fourth.)

My worst killers are similarly the ones that need the most practice to use well: Deathslinger, Huntress, Nurse, Oni, and to a lesser extent Blight and Plague and Leatherface. It’s not that I don’t enjoy these (except Nurse, I hate her wheezing mechanism), but I just don’t play them often enough to be precise enough to do consistently well with them.

• Edilibs
    Options

You may not know exactly what your MMR (number or however it raises) is but you know you have a high MMR with a killer you play when you constantly get 4k's and 3k's as i have said. You cant tell me im wrong about that just because i dont know the hidden data i only know about what i do! With that being said you can say "Oh he has high MMR with a mid tier killer using a meme build" when in fact you never went against a Doctor with the build i have so what does it matter if its a meme build or not, for me its extremely effective. I got 6 4's in a row (with 1 dc) and im at ahigh rank, so the "your not going against top survivors and thats why your winning" goes out the window!

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    edited December 2021
    Options

That's not how ELO systems work, though.

Aven Fallen is right; if you consistently overperform, your mmr is lower than your real level at the moment. It doesn't indicate how high it is, it only shows the margin between your mmr and your skill.

• ElusivePukka
    Options

The fact that we know there's a soft cap for MMR undermines this, though. Have a high enough MMR and you actually have it artificially lowered - matchmaking is bounded. There's a few people who will have high MMR in DBD's system who simply won't be being matched against equals.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,661
    Options

Yeah, but this does not mean that you have high MMR. More the opposite, that you are better than your current MMR.

As an example, when I started playing Nurse more often (this was after MMR was introduced, since I did not want to go against Rank 1s all the time while learning her), I got a lot of 4Ks. And this mostly against players with under 10 hours.

This does not make my Nurse a high MMR-Killer, but shows that I am better than the game thinks.

And regarding the build - I did not mean it offensive when calling it a Meme-Build. If this build works for you, go for it. It is always refreshing to see more unusual Perks.

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,048
    Options

You can get a lot or 3-4k at high mmr if you are good enough with a good killer (Blight - Nurse).

On my nurse my personnal favorite is : BBQ - Agitation - Starstruck - Noed

This build revolves around snowball, antibodyblock, basement hooks and camping or tunneling if the survivor is toxic.

Sometimes I play BBQ - Agitation - Starstruck - Discord if I am tired of being sent to Lerry and RPD because survivors love to send me there.

• TripleSteal
    edited December 2021
    Options

Could be this, could be that.

Generally speaking, if OP is sub 5k hrs player w/o major competitive experience, it is safe to assume that he's not hitting the roof of his region mmr rankings with his head, particularly with doc (no offense). The option of mmr-skill gap appears to be more likely.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,798
    Options

I definitely have my highest MMR with Mikey. My standard build is BBQ, pop, corrupt, and bamboozle on him. Sometimes I rotate it around a bit with monitor, infectious etc. Then of course I have specific builds for when I use either of the mirror add ons.

• ElusivePukka
    edited December 2021
    Options

Not suggesting an individual's MMR here - just pointing out a flaw in the common wisdom with ELO as applied to DBD.

I'll also point out: OP didn't suggest they were top MMR, and wasn't asking other people to only reply if they were themselves top MMR. They asked: "What's your top MMR?"

• TripleSteal
    edited December 2021
    Options

Yup.

The point is, judging your killer-specific mmr by winrate with ELO system in place is fundamently erroneous (unless you are above the "soft cap" as you call it on all the killers in question).

I joined the discussion for this particular sub-topic (which has more to do with maths and matching algorythms than dbd on its own), and for that reason i quoted the exact comment I was replying to.

• Edilibs
    Options

Hmmm, if you cant measure your MMR then why even have it? Its the most dumbest thing to me! So i have to "lose" to raise my MMR? lol its so crazy. The dev's should just take MMR out and just pair up people based off they're rank. So by me winning constantly your saying my MMR isnt raising but doesnt any kill over 2 raise it? Im so confused and it honestly is mindboggling i'd prefer that they'd just take it out bc to me it doesnt mean anything based off some of these answers. Can we get a dev in here! lol

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,098
    edited December 2021
    Options

Compounding this issue is the fact that matchmaking spends all of 5 seconds attempting to find a quality match before it throws a killer into the next available match. I've lost one Nurse game in the last month (less than a 3k) and still get lobbies with sub 500 hr survivors. Probably lost less than 5 games in the last two or three months on Nurse. Point being, you are correct in saying we don't know our MMR because A) it's not shown to us and B) it makes little to no attempt at actually making quality matches. It's quantity>quality.

• ElusivePukka
    Options

No, your kills raise your MMR, and if survivors escape it lowers your MMR. The amount it raises/lowers is dependant on their MMR compared to yours.

The thing is, you might have a low MMR to start with, which would mean your tier of play isn't at the top even while your MMR is rising.

• Edilibs
    Options

You do not have to play with the best two killers to raise your MMR, i dont believe that. Not everyone plays top tier and are really good outside the big two. So your saying in plain language that you can only have high MMR with Blight or Nurse and EVERY other killer cant 3k and 4k at high MMR! This is not the case bc people do well or even very well outside these top 2 killers so i dont know if this makes much sense.

You have Nurse so it doesnt matter how weak your build is perceived so i can still see you doing well with it. Normally though a build like that would get wrecked even in solo que but again you have Nurse so it probrably doesnt really matter

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

Cant say anything for certain nor would I after being jailed already....man that was miserable couldnt reply half the time to dum whited post/comments which is my ambition.

That being said if I had to guess would say Pig, Huntress, and Freddy but who ######### knows.

• Edilibs
    Options

What exactly raises your MMR? Does anyone know?

Is there any way to measure it at all?

Why would the devs put something like this in the game?

Why dont they just take it out and go back to match making via ranks?

• TripleSteal
    edited December 2021
    Options

Question 1.

Afair, devs stated that mmr only depends on death/escape for survivors (with hatch escapes not awarding nor decreasing it), and kills/escapes for killer.

Amount of pts you lose as a dying survivor varies and depends on death order - the one to die first gets the highest penalty. Killers gain the same amount of points for each dead survivor. 2 deaths/2 escapes is considered to be the status quo.

Question 2

As of today, no.

Question 3

Because ELO appears to be the most efficient MM system for PVP games that are at least a bit competitive.

Question 4

Because old ranks mostly reflected the amount of time you spent playing recently rather than how good you are as a player, which eventually lead to incredibly one-sided matches.

• ElusivePukka
    Options

Base MMR for a killer without previous data is currently said to start at 1100, though you can lower it further, and the soft cap is 1900 although you can go higher despite matchmaking locking at 1900. Killer players with a high MMR killer who start a new killer will have that new killer's base MMR raised to just below their highest MMR killer.

The killer has the opportunity for 4 MMR raises/losses per game, 1 per survivor, with the value of that change (thought to be a low number regardless) being dependent on whether the survivor has a higher or lower MMR than you.

Lastly, each killer's individual MMR can reset to just below your top MMR killer if you spend enough time not playing them.

• Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 382
    Options

"What exactly raises your MMR? Does anyone know?"

As TripleSteal already mentioned, it is only about kills and escapes. Yes, Dev's have been working on this system for over two years, collecting masses of data, running public tests and... it comes down to kills and escapes, nothing more.

"Is there any way to measure it at all?"

Nope. Not even the quality of your opponents is a reliable indicator. You can be a 5k hour perfect looper and a pain in the ass for every killer but if you don't care about escaping and give the poor lad a mercy kill at the end or sacrifice yourself by saving a random teammate... your mmr goes down. Yes, you can run the killer for five or theoretically ten gens and still not raise your mmr. Btw, this is how I am having fun in this game atm ;)

Also, the matchmaking range widens the longer you sit in queue, so if that 4man SWF with combinded 30k+ hours in the game has been sitting in queue for 10-20 minutes, they just get the next unlucky killer who is available.

"Why would the devs put something like this in the game?"

Well, they wanted to implement an actual "skill-based" matchmaking but... sometime during the 2+ years of figuring out the system they propably realized, they didn't have what it takes to finish it. But they didn't want to show up (again) empty handed and just went with what we have now: kills and escapes.

"Why dont they just take it out and go back to match making via ranks?"

Propably because they wasted 2+ years of time and resources on it?

At first we had a rank-system based on the amout of BPs you made during your match.

Then we had the "victory cube" based on kills (only for killers of course, survivors still got matched based on BPs) but people were complaining that killers starting playing extra sweaty because only kills mattered (hey, deja vu ;) ).

Then we got the emblem system, which in my opinion just needed some tweaking as it basically was a mmr system just based on the wrong numbers. At least it reflected "skill" more than the current system. But yes, playtime was a major factor so a lot of potatoes reached high ranks automatically - like I said, it needed some adjustments.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,408
    Options

Pinhead:

BBQ

Franklin's Demise

Eruption

Hex: Pentimento

Sometimes I get value out of the Hex, sometimes not. Really only the first two stacks are useful anyways.

• Moplington
    Moplington Applicant Posts: 30
    Options

Billy:

Enduring, Infectious Fright, Lethal Pursuer/Corrupt and BBQ

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 951
    edited December 2021
    Options

No idea on my MMR as i've taken some substantial breaks the past several months on and off and don't know if time away degrades it overtime or if taking on a new killer has much impact on it.

Recently switched to main Artist and most matches end in 4k or 2-3 kills depending on the map and gen spawns. Some random Dc's too when people get hit with dire crows, not sure if that affects it either, i hope not.

I favour Hex:Pentimento / Hex:Plaything / Pop / Scourge hook:Pain Resonance and i do super well with that build when i get the ball rolling, with Severed hands and Charcoal addons.

Post edited by CrowVortex on
  • anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Plague:

BBQ, Thanatophobia, Pop Goes the Weasel, Dying Light.

I'm gonna replace DL with Pain Resonance once I finish getting Artist to P3-50.

I don't run add ons and I can't even remember the last time I didn't get at least a 3k.

• Edilibs
    edited December 2021
    Options

Thanks for the reply guys i get it somewhat. My final question for anyone.

I tested something out for the sake of this thread and played 1 killer out of the 10 or 11 i play for 5 games about an hour or two ago. What i presumed is my highest MMR killer, I once again played Chaotic gens Doctor (Hook: Gift of Pain/Overcharage/Eruption/Oppression) and these were the results

1K (I knew i shouldnt have given up my 3 gen for that chase lol)

So what does that mean? This is not counting all the other 4k's i've been getting with him (Doctor mostly and randomly others if i 4K)

My MMR seems to be high or the highest with Doctor right?

***Someone actually told me that 4king means im playing at low MMR so please dont tell me that again lol

• Smuk
    Smuk Member Posts: 735
    edited December 2021
    Options

blight: shadowborn, corrupt intervention, scourge hook: resonance, no way out

plague: CI, thanatophobia, infectious fright, scourge hook: resonance

nemesis: ci, save the best for the last, scourge hook: resonance, ruin

• SomberNokk
    SomberNokk Member Posts: 732
    Options

Oni with infectious, monitor, corrupt and distressing with topknot and crutch.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,408
    Options

Doctor is a solid Killer, his only main downside is lack of mobility.

• MikeyBoi
    MikeyBoi Member Posts: 537
    Options

Hillbilly,

Double engravings

Corrupt, Brutal, Enduring, BBQ with mostly azarovs key and Macmillan map offerings.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

My highest MMR killer has to be Billy.

BBQ / Pain Resonance / PGTW / [Flex]

Flex usually includes Enduring, Bamboozle, or Tinkerer depending on the addons I want to bring.

Before MMR I would run BBQ / Enduring / Spirit Fury / Bamboozle with no gen regression but it doesn't feel like that's possible anymore.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

The killers I do well with are those that are at the lower end of my MMR range. I 4K in these games not because I am good with the killer, but because the survivors are not so good. The killers I am better at I do badly with because I get better opponents.

MMR messes with my head!

• Edilibs
    edited December 2021
    Options

Someone actually told me that 4k'ing means im playing at low MMR or that my MMR is getting lowered! Lol

Yeah..so now that i know that im playing at high MMR with Doctor Im probrably gonna play him until i reach red rank 1 so he's also my ranking up/pipping Killer as well.

Ah Thanatophobia!!

Monitor and Distressing? What benefit do you gain from having a large terror radius with nothing to support it? For example Overcharge (Mostly with Doctor) is great with Unnerving Presence/Distressing. Is it the psychological fear factor that your hoping for to potentially keep survivors from rushing gens? At least you have Corrupt

This is true but i make up for that with having good pressure and superb gen defense! People have to hit those Overcharge skill checks while in madness constantly and this gives me a big advantage and thats just Overcharge alone!. Chaotic Gens Doctor man! )

Brutal Strength? Why? Your gonna lose eventually against good survivors because you only have 3 perks. Having 1 or 2 perks after Undying/Ruin goes is one thing because that can buy you time to pressure but i dunno about Brutal on Billy

If your not good with killer then eventually the survivors will exploit you. Its ok you'll just get better and develop better strategies. This game is in survivors favor so you gotta play dirty alot of the times (camping if no one immediately unhooks when you leave and coming back and ensure they reach stage 2 or struggle phase stuff like that) Do what you gotta do to win. Either way keep at it!

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 795
    Options

Blight - Shadowborn, Lethal Pursuer and two others for fun, currently I've got Blood Favour and Undying and having a lot of fun with it.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285
    Options

I try to change builds often so I will tell my current favorite ones on the killers I win the most:

Nurse - Monitor and Abuse, Infectious Fright, Starstruck, Shadowborn

Blight - Monitor and Abuse, Infectious Fright, No Way Out, Shadowborn

Huntress - BBQ, No Way Out, Deadlock, Corrupt - unfortunately this is the only one I don't change, Huntress is my main and I'm at a point where I simply can't do jack ######### with other perks.

Spirit - Agitation, Starstruck, Undying, Devour Hope

Slinger - Monitor and Abuse, STBFL, Corrupt, Deadlock

Oni - Infectious Fright, Monitor and Abuse, Discordance, BBQ