Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Only surv toxic matches are fun - stop reporting toxicity!

BACKSTABBER
BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

I can smell a toxic match when I see the Dwights with pink clothes and a flashlight

Toxic surv risk is waaaay more fun to save the teammates being transported (bodyblock, everybody running around taunting, flashlight, ...) so it is more intense than just hidding and running doing gens all time

and it is a explosion of laughters if the killer DC

So stop reporting toxicity!!

Comments

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

@Attackfrog said:
    I think "toxic" play can be reported as much as people want but they don't hand out bans for it.

I think they only ban for post game chat abuse, hacking and holding the game hostage.

So you should be good to play toxically til your heart's content!

yes but I got reported anyways~~ someday may get banned maybe ;(

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Meh. Play as you want, killers don't respect your rules so you don't respect theirs.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Does is it matter? Toxicity isn't banable and the reports will be disregarded, unless you are breaking the rules

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited January 2019

Yes, the toxic players make stupid altruistic plays allowing for the killer to win easily whether they should've won or not.

Reasons why all the toxic survivors think killers are OP... They basically hand themselves on a silver platter, thinking they can and deserve to get away with it, because survivor rules.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

@BACKSTABBER said:
    I can smell a toxic match when I see the Dwights with pink clothes and a flashlight

Toxic surv risk is waaaay more fun to save the teammates being transported (bodyblock, everybody running around taunting, flashlight, ...) so it is more intense than just hidding and running doing gens all time

If you only feel fun, when others are being psychlogically hurted, you should go and visit a doctor.

• BlackendSea
    BlackendSea Member Posts: 49
    I have the most fun with toxic survivor matches as well. yeah the killers may be pissed but like, I don’t care what happens as long as I had a laugh out of it. 
  • Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
    Not cheating/exploiting/being vile in post game chat?

Not toxic. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@BACKSTABBER said:

As long as you can deal with the "toxic" reactions from the killers side, all is good :wink:

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

@Poweas said:
    Meh. Play as you want, killers don't respect your rules so you don't respect theirs.

What 'survivor rules' are these?

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@will_i_am_14_85 said:

@Poweas said:

I don't know ask the OP. I said HIS rules not mine. As survivor and killer I don't respect either sides rules. I just have fun.

If you still don't understand survivor main rules then try ACTUALLY maining survivor for 6 months. 100% if you still don't make your own rules, you're doing something wrong.

• ariesxo
    ariesxo Member Posts: 6
    Don't you think It makes for a boring game when killers at higher ranks are mostly always better than toxic survivors?Bodyblocking just gives away free hits and flashlights can be easily avoided. 

It's funny when toxic survivors DC cause they hate to lose or when the killer disconnects as the exit gates open after being genuinely out played.
    If your aim is to annoy the killer just be a better player than they are, but i dont think toxicity is worth reporting either way! 
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Attackfrog said:
    I think "toxic" play can be reported as much as people want but they don't hand out bans for it.

I think they only ban for post game chat abuse, hacking and holding the game hostage.

So you should be good to play toxically til your heart's content!

yes but I got reported anyways~~ someday may get banned maybe ;(

Nah, you wouldn't get banned for playing like that, unless you were somehow holding the game hostage or EXTREMELY griefing the same player.

I would bet you are good to go!

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673
    edited January 2019

@BACKSTABBER said:

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@will_i_am_14_85 said:

@Poweas said:

No camp and tunnel e.g.?

• Vesperiavi
    Vesperiavi Member Posts: 45
    I mean, yeah it's a game, have fun. As long as you're not hurting anyone, unless you have consent (like if you're in a SWF with someone and you sandbag only one another) then I think it shouldn't matter. Be a brat all you want, just don't cheat or take away from another's enjoyment, specifically keeping the game as your playground. I play both survivor and killer, and sometimes it's needed to just have fun. Getting spooked or doing the spooking can get exhausting. 
  • BillyIII
    BillyIII Member Posts: 365

Survivors are being hunted and killed. They can't be toxic, they are just fighting back against their oppressors. Which are the real and the only source of toxicity.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@BillyIII said:
    Survivors are being hunted and killed. They can't be toxic, they are just fighting back against their oppressors. Which are the real and the only source of toxicity.

i hope this is parody

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Some of the replies in here, wow.
    Play how you want but if you're playing to piss the killer off like you say because you think that's what makes the game fun, don't whine when you're tunneled or camped.
    I wish this game had a block button for this exact reason. People like you stop new people from playing killer but You do realize you need a killer to actually play the game?

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@BACKSTABBER yes yes yes please, more of this! Revolt against the reign of stupid!

Honestly. I LOVE when survivors piss me off on purpose. That's like, we're all more emotionally involved, making victory MUCH sweeter. And a defeat much more bitter, but that's the price of having some actual fun out of a competitive game.

Screw friendliness, screw being "fair" by some nonsense playbook made up by weaklings, screw the criticism against DS/NOED/teabagging/tunneling/camping/mori spamming/flashlights and whatever else. More passionate hatred, that's what this game needs.

As long as you have the dignity to say "gg" in the end, regardless of the results, that's the only way worth playing.

• BillyIII
    BillyIII Member Posts: 365

@yeet said:

@BillyIII said:

i hope this is parody

Are you one of those killer mains that want a 4k every single time?

• Nickeh
    Nickeh Member Posts: 282
    edited January 2019

@BillyIII said:

@yeet said:

@BillyIII said:

i hope this is parody

I, personally, can only get aroused after a 5k game.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@BillyIII said:

@yeet said:

@BillyIII said:

i hope this is parody

i don't want to 4k every single time, i 4k every single time :)

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

@BillyIII said:

Toxic Survivors create toxic killers, it's a cycle that no Survivor wants to accept.

I play killer to have fun because I enjoy killing, I play Survivor to have fun because I enjoy being hunted in a horror game. But I respect everyone, I don't intentionally go into a game to screw everyone over and make it not fun for anyone involved. Toxic Survivors who only care about themselves and their stupid little friends get camped and tunneled because they ask for it. I don't enjoy tunneling or camping, I like dominating and scaring which you can't achieve through either of those methods.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@HatCreature said:

@BillyIII said:

Toxic Survivors create toxic killers, it's a cycle that no Survivor wants to accept.

I play killer to have fun because I enjoy killing, I play Survivor to have fun because I enjoy being hunted in a horror game. But I respect everyone, I don't intentionally go into a game to screw everyone over and make it not fun for anyone involved. Toxic Survivors who only care about themselves and their stupid little friends get camped and tunneled because they ask for it. I don't enjoy tunneling or camping, I like dominating and scaring which you can't achieve through either of those methods.

You do realize it takes 2 to tango and it could be the killer is toxic to survivors who then go into the next match and are toxic to the killer right? It's almost as if you're implying all killers are angels and never start anything 1st.

Also quit making excuses for why you camp and tunnel, you could be camping and tunneling a solo player just because you assume they're swf. I don't play toxic because I'm not a jerk, if you're going to play toxic you're going to play toxic regardless.

• HatCreature

@powerbats said:

@HatCreature said:

@BillyIII said:

You do realize it takes 2 to tango and it could be the killer is toxic to survivors who then go into the next match and are toxic to the killer right? It's almost as if you're implying all killers are angels and never start anything 1st.

Also quit making excuses for why you camp and tunnel, you could be camping and tunneling a solo player just because you assume they're swf. I don't play toxic because I'm not a jerk, if you're going to play toxic you're going to play toxic regardless.

I should have expanded on that, you're right. It's a cycle of toxicity that effects one person and then the next whether it's killer or survivor, negative encouragement and so forth. I wasn't making excuses, I was stating my system of reaction.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@HatCreature said:

I should have expanded on that, you're right. It's a cycle of toxicity that effects one person and then the next whether it's killer or survivor, negative encouragement and so forth. I wasn't making excuses, I was stating my system of reaction.

All good, some might not realize you accidentally left that out, once one side starts it it can then go on an endless cycle. I always try and be positive and give a gg to killers and survivors unless they're toxic in which case I single out the good players for the gg with comments on the outplays.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    I find it hilarious when playing survivor. My teammates run up to do their untouchable plays on the Killer and then easily get Smacked down for stupidity. Its one of the greatest things to witness in this game. Only thing better than that is when they complain that the killer sucks for capitalizing on their mistake. I always send the killer a gg and thank them for punishing my wasted team slots.
  • HatCreature

I was playing with some friends I made on DBD, first time playing with them on mic and such, only later did I realize they were Survivor mains which is ok but I then realize one was a slightly toxcic Survivor main. I was listening and watching him desperately hold the game hostage so he could get the hatch, the doors were open but he wanted the hatch. It was so disgusting to witness that I felt shame. Toxic gameplay to this level is awful, I hope the new endgame the Devs have in mind comes soon, some Toxic gameplay is awesome I can agree but yeet, it can go too far too fast.