What's up with BHVR going out of their way to make this game as unenjoyable as possible?

Adaez
Adaez Member Posts: 1,239

This game breeds hate and toxicity,and its only the devs fault for the game mechanics that basically encourages this.

Even since the addition of boon totems,devs just encouraged killers to tunnel and hook camp.

Killer was never as fun and enjoyable to play as survivor but much more stressfull and with a lot more objectives to worry about,yet they decided to give them even more in the worst way possible by adding boon totems.

2 months fast forward and boon totems are just as a big of a problem as I expected since they we're announced in the ptb.

Is this some sort of tactic to see if people will play the game no matter how bad it gets?

The toxicity was always high but just as I was about to check and see how the game is after 2 months,I came to to see streamers getting doxxed,maybe if the game wasn't such a miserable experience,people wouldn't go out of their way to be this toxic and hateful.

Comments

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    edited November 2021

Cyberwarrior Feng skin for 26,000 auric cells.

Everyone who got DDoS can get one for free.

• Adaez

No one to tell me how wrong I am?

I expected at least a few comments like that,guess we all share the same hidden thoughts when it comes to this game.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Killers have been camping and tunneling since the dawn of time, its not worse now than it was before and its not because of Boons, actually it was worse before Moris rework, when they meant someone out in less than 2 minutes.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,617

Balance issues with boon totems aside, I don't see how any of this is the result of BVHR "going out of their way" to make the game unenjoyable. Hackers finding a security flaw isn't a decision they made, it's a risk of being online in general that BHVR may or may not be handling properly.

As someone else said, Boons don't promote camping and tunnelling. Killers who do those things instinctively will continue to do so, and killers who do those things when it's tactically necessary would be doing it anyway too. It's just a thing killers do, if Boons promote anything it's instadowns and committing to a chase instead of spreading pressure, and that's solely because of one boon perk, not the mechanic at base.

I don't know why so many people want to ascribe a bad gameplay experience to malice from the developers, it's such a weird impulse to have. If BHVR are worthy of any criticism, and they are, it's more to the tune of being misguided and very slow to fix things, not being malicious and purposefully making the game worse, come on now. People go on and on about how they should listen to the community, but if this is how the community acts, I wouldn't blame them for just shutting us out entirely. It'd be totally warranted.

• M1MASTER
    M1MASTER Member Posts: 352

I believe in you General, you're a man of good taste.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,641

And you are someone who knows what is best for the Fog!

Your support is appreciated, my friend.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

You are wrong, the game is very enjoyable for killer and horrendous for survivor. Boons literally saved my life and cured toxicity.

• Adaez

Maybe that's what they wanted,to create an evil game.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Killers have been facecamping and tunneling since the beginning of the game. I honestly don't know how the developers haven't fixed such a glaring game design issue (facecamping).

They literally have something in place that already works to prevent facecamping with Pyramid Head's cages. Just expand that same design to hooks. You get hooked and you are randomly spawned on a hook that is generated then disappears once you are unhooked.

• Adaez
    edited December 2021

That would be such a marvelous change,but like any good change that's been suggested,its all dust in the wind.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    edited December 2021

I guess the word of the day is hyperbole

if DBD causes you so much grief, than go ahead and leave. It’s up to you and you alone to take care of your happiness and well-being.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Boons just have become a complaint cause of the -rinse and repeat- nature of them

Camping and Tunneling have been a thing since the beginning (not that I know... I started playing this game when the Plague was introduced)

Perks have become a band-aid "fix" to a lot of issues

Honestly I don't receive that much toxicity... but have faced off against 2-4 man SWF's a lot more

• shirl
    shirl Member Posts: 18

I agree ... Sure, there are days where I get camped and/or tunneled one match after the other. But it has been like that ever since I started playing this game 3+ years ago. I feel like the community is always way too harsh on BHVR, no matter what they do. This is not me saying I approve on everything they do – I guess I just tend to focus more on the good sides of everything, lol. After all, I still am playing this game. And I even enjoy it once in a while!

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 796

For free?

No no, far too generous for BHVR.

If you were DDoS'd you get 10% off! Now that's what I call a bargain!

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768

Any hope I had for this game was lost after they added Boons

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

They're literally just not that great at game dev, but the success of this game makes them think they they are. That's it. It's not hostility or animosity.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,545

You know what this game also makes - a lot of money.

So why change this? Seems to work fine.

• Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 388

"Don't get me wrong, from 2016 to early-2019..."

We should not forget, the DEV team from 2016 is very different from the team that is working on the game today.

From the famous faces, McLean left, Stefan "pen spinner" Horvath left to work for PUBG, Ash Pannell I think also left quite some time ago and... I don't watch any dev streams anymore but I haven't heard anything from Dave Richards for a long time and McCote I think is also more involved in other behaviour projects for some years now.

So... who from the original team is actually still working on DBD?

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

I don't think they made boons to go out of their way to make the game worse. I think they do not actually understand the mathematics of boons and how a single boon totem covers anywhere from 20-75% of a map with a better version of two existing survivor perks.

What they ARE going out of their way to do, is to make killers less enjoyable to play. Pyramid Head is doing well? Let's put a gigantic cool down on his power! Freddy's doing well? Let's cut 40% of his snares and make his slow down to place them! Wraith's doing well? Let's increase his reappearance movement speed penalty and cut down his appearance dash! Twins are doing well? Let's nearly double their self-stun after a SUCCESSFUL hit! Spirit makes a ton of noise, Deathslinger's got an absurd start-up penalty to his gun, Pin Head lost his best addons without improving his awful active power, Artist lost her idle crow damage, and on and on.

Then, when it comes time to actually try to improve bad killers, you get nonsense 'buffs,' like Clown's embarassing speed-boost bottles that consume his power, potentially buff survivors, and have such a convoluted deployment that you have to go out of your way to try to get it to work in the first place!

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,048

this is what happens when you largely base your understanding and guide the decision-making for your own video game around numbers.